More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:52:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  dancepositioner and the Borkdancer
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: dancepositioner and the Borkdancer  (Read 3365 times)
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
dancepositioner and the Borkdancer
« on: 2008 October 25, 20:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a comm lot, the borkdancer throws a steady trickle of errors.  No other CC or hacks, all EPs.  I know the dancepositioner is in test, but I've liked using it in my older 'hood, so I hope it won't be discarded.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 26, 20:42:27 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: dancepositioner and the Borkdancer
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 26, 10:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dancepositioner has no influence on breakdancing because I have not implemented it yet, as I don't have any breakdancers yet. Therefore, the cause is due to unrelated issues, either default EAxoid or Tight Pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 26, 19:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The playable sim is not the one breakdancing; it's an NPC breakdancer on an unowned comm lot, like the firedancers in BV. 

EAxoid borkage is not to blame because without the dancepositioner, the NPC dancer doesn't throw errors.  It's not necessary to interact with the breakdancer, s/he errors as part of regular programming.  Also, it cannot be tight pants as I tested with no other hacks in the game, not even other awesome ones or clean templates.  I even tested in a newly generated 'hood, so the errors cannot be due to one borked NPC.  Is there anything else I could have missed?

The dancepositioner isn't placed anywhere in the 'hood, but perhaps something in the globals interferes with the NPC breakdancer code.  Anyway, it looks like the dancepositioner is not compatible with AL.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 26, 20:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see any apparent reason for it, at least not in the current version, but I've repacked and reupped it...where did you GET it, anyway? I don't remember giving that to you. That was another one of those Gwilly-People-Only things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 26, 20:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it from ffs/AL/test, I go there to shop for all my Gwilly hacks. Cool  The one I was testing has a datestamp of 10/5, and I checked to make sure I had not missed an update before I posted.

ETA: Yes!  Re-packed dancepositioner works now!  Baaah.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 26, 21:19:11 by seelindarun » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: