More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:55:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Creating Vacation Locals Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creating Vacation Locals Question  (Read 3472 times)
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Creating Vacation Locals Question
« on: 2008 October 23, 00:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have downloaded all the templates, hacks and "make vacation local fix", and jordi's better name mod and default skintones, eyes and face replacements,  but I wondered whether it would work to let the game generate the locals as an when needed.  I dont mind too much on the fact that the skintones might not be correct, its mainly getting rid of the fuglies that is my problem.

So the question is:  Will the game generate the locals for me if I dont do it?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Creating Vacation Locals Question
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 23, 00:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the game will generate at least one vacation local.  No, they won't be in the "local" uniform.  They'll have random townie-clothes like any other "townie".  If you want vacation locals in local outfits, you must either make them yourself and then make them locals, or recostume them with one of several methods.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 23, 01:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming you've nabbed some fairly fug-free templates, but given you've already gathered the supplies you need to make your own, it may be worth whupping up a few yourself, if only to avoid Takemizu locals in lumberjack gear and Twiikii beach bums in kimonos.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 23, 01:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes i have some, selzi's face replacements. 

okay, i will definitely make them then, btw is there a hack that you can use to change the townies clothes in game?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 23, 03:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's clothing tool works.  Make the townie selectable, click on the clothing tool, change the outfit(s) and hair, then make the townie unselectable.  If you make them yourself, use the townie gun or Inge's Summoner Cat Thing to make them Locals of the right places.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 23, 06:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the game will generate at least one vacation local.  No, they won't be in the "local" uniform.  They'll have random townie-clothes like any other "townie".  If you want vacation locals in local outfits, you must either make them yourself and then make them locals, or recostume them with one of several methods.
This is False. If you fail to generate Any locals, the game will create some for you, and dress them in appropriate uniform. Albeit they will look funny.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 23, 18:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd, Pes, since my clean-template takemitzu village has only one "local" and he is not in a kimono.  Does that also apply when one uses the nowhateverregen packages?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: