More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:42:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Apartment Hack: Now For Non-Fat Gwilly People!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Hack: Now For Non-Fat Gwilly People!  (Read 192317 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Apartment Hack: Now For Non-Fat Gwilly People!
« Reply #100 on: 2009 May 12, 15:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sure, that's a bad thing? You have any idea how much LAG it causes when they cluelessly pop out of their apartments for no other reason than BECAUSE THE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR DECIDED TO BOOT THEM OUT, and then proceed to wander around outside complaining because the outside did not, in fact, offer them anything of use?

And if you do have anything in the common areas that advertises fun, all the renties will bogart that one thing, leaving the rest of the lot empty.  My renties do nothing but go to work and play poker, it would seem.  My playable sim had to beat up the neighbour (in the neighbour's living room) just to meet the blighter.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 May 12, 22:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you do have anything in the common areas that advertises fun, all the renties will bogart that one thing, leaving the rest of the lot empty.  My renties do nothing but go to work and play poker, it would seem.  My playable sim had to beat up the neighbour (in the neighbour's living room) just to meet the blighter.
That is pretty much true of advertisement objects anywhere: The dominant object will trump all the others.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 May 13, 15:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see
Another fun dominants are swings and darned darts. I had to change their ad to make them "bogartless"

I noticed that one living-alone NPC tenant gets out (with your mod) because his social's falling down, so it's works in this way as well. Smiley
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2009 August 14, 19:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fry me later for grave-digging, but I'm having an issue with this specific hack and I've removed every single piece of custom content to make sure it wasn't some conflict. I'd really appreciate some help with getting things to work again.

Despite having fully furnished apartments, my NPC neighbours keep coming out of their places at 6am to stand on their porch, hang around, return to their apartments, then come out again. This process repeats throughout the day, except when they leave for work or retire for the night at around 11pm.  This hack -did- work perfectly when I first installed it, even with all my CC and other hacks. Neighbours remained in their homes unless they had to leave for work, and everything worked as described. At some point, it turned into this problem where they're always coming in and out and it's driving me batty (and lagging my game).  I'm not sure what else to do: I've removed everything from the common area, made sure their apartments have everything they could possibly need, tried a reset/delete on them, and finally removed all my CC & hacks in case I'd added something new.

I'm really not sure why it was working before and suddenly stopped, but has anyone got any ideas/suggestions/solutions?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 August 14, 23:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen anything like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2009 August 21, 08:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must have made a neighbour selectable or something else that caused things to break. I replaced the hood with a backup and played for a few RL days, trying a variety of regular in-game things to try and replicate the original problem, and the hack is back to working perfectly. Smiley
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 December 05, 09:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thread here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17446.0.html were locked, but it might be more appropiate to post here anyway.
I downloaded the fixes from the al hack index this time - these:
alfixes
creaturefixes
dramafix
ffsdebugger
fishandharvestfix
ftminifixes
nocorruptdeath
nolinkondelete
ofbfixes
orchardtreefix
snsnpcslotfix
stuckobjremover
vacationfixes
winterflowerfix
woohooltwfix

and the problem re-appear, so I have now tested it, by taking one fix out at the time. It seems that it is the alfixes that creates the problem. I have also tested with alfixes alone. Without alfixes the love letters goes to the inventory, with alfixes the love letters dissapear.

Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010 August 19, 01:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HCDU detect conflicts with Inge's AL fixes (14 conflicts).
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2010 August 19, 01:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes.  Inge's mod changes the same things that apthack does, only in different ways.  You cannot have the game apply two different sets of logic at the same time, so you have to pick one and not install the other.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: