More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 08:51:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Apartment Hack: Now For Non-Fat Gwilly People!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apartment Hack: Now For Non-Fat Gwilly People!  (Read 193398 times)
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Apartment Hack: Now For Non-Fat Gwilly People!
« Reply #25 on: 2008 October 25, 22:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If an auto-finals-schedule *were* available, I think I'd still prefer to use the college clock to control things myself.
Checking the time of finals would need to be done several times, as sending your sim to a community lot or the SS changes uses up some time, and then your return home at the same time you left.  No matter how clever you tried to make the auto-hack, I'm sure there will be times that you curse it coz you were not ready.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 October 25, 23:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe an Awesome version that automagically schedule Dark sims' finals to take place at night and non-Dark sims take their finals during the say?
That would result in everyone's uni schedules getting desynchronized. Also bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 October 26, 14:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not make it an option? Choose between "take final at night" and "take final at day". Voilá, fixed.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 October 26, 16:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because there's no sensible place to put such a thing? A finals scheduler really has no reason to need to be global, anyway, which means it falls outside the scope of this hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 October 26, 17:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allright, I can see that. An alternative would be to put it in the college clock when you choose 'do finals now'. As far as I know that would make sense. But that doesn't really concern this topic, so never mind.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 October 26, 19:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...it would also be entirely superfluous if I did that, since the option ALREADY EXISTS.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 October 27, 01:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear, you're right, I didn't...well, think. Forget I ever said anything. (I kinda wonder now why people would want it automatic though - because that's what this was about, wasn't it?)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 October 27, 01:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, that's the problem. If it's automatic, it will screw up your sync. If it's NOT automatic, it is entirely superfluous because manual buttons already exist.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 October 27, 04:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the apartment hack and moved a CAS Sim into an apartment.  About 20 some days later, I was setting up to move him out and decided to visit another apartment.  The picture tells the story.

My Sim knocked on the door and the femaler Sim peed the moment he walked in.  My Sim influenced her to bathe, and while she was in the shower, fixed some food from her fridge.  After returning from placing his plate on a table somewhere outside (gotta love Sim intelligence) she immediately passed out on the floor.

Apparently the only motive she had in the green when he arrived was social.  I thought the apartment hack was supposed to raise the motives based on what was in the apartment.  I don't see any evidence of this happening.

Is this intended behavior?

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 October 27, 05:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT to above:  I made the other Sim selectable after she passed out to see what the problem was.  For some reason my edit to the above post isn't saving.  This is not a roommate.  Roommates seem to work just fine.

Hook

toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 October 27, 06:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar happen when I first put in apthack.  Once I pulled all non-MATY hacks it stopped occurring, however I didn't bother to find out which hack was the conflict as I found the motive failure too hilarious. 

I'll go do more testing now that someone else has had the same problem (and also that I might want apthack to do its job...)
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 October 27, 06:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just remembered something else from the same lot.  I had another tenant apparently returning from work (he was in his work clothes) who peed the moment he appeared on the lot.  I almost never have unselectable Sims peeing.  It's happened maybe 5 times total since I got the game.  Someone wasn't taking a potty break at work.

Hook

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 October 27, 12:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim knocked on the door and the femaler Sim peed the moment he walked in.  My Sim influenced her to bathe, and while she was in the shower, fixed some food from her fridge.  After returning from placing his plate on a table somewhere outside (gotta love Sim intelligence) she immediately passed out on the floor.
That should never actually happen, since it's programmed not to drop core motives below a certain minimum. I have not observed this phenomenon in my game at all.

Apparently the only motive she had in the green when he arrived was social.  I thought the apartment hack was supposed to raise the motives based on what was in the apartment.  I don't see any evidence of this happening.

Is this intended behavior?
I notice the sim is selectable. If you have tampered with the sim in any way, you may stop it from being refreshed. I am not able to reproduce your results and your apartment LOOKS intact: Note, however, that motive restoration can only happen when the apartment is grayed out. If you trap a sim in its apartment by invading its space, the crappy EAxis AI will eventually do that.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 October 27, 16:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was the first time I'd ever made this Sim selectable, and the first time I'd ever visited inside her apartment.  I did invite her out once several days before, and had the option to "cheer up".  I did not make her selectable at that time.  When I visited this time, she peed herself and passed out before I ever made her selectable, so two motives were crashed before I ever looked at her stats.

My playable Sim had 4 days left as an adult, so I guess I played him for 25 days, all on the same version of the apartment hack.  I took the hack out, checked to see if it made any difference and there was a reset of some kind.  I got a message about visitors from the apartment come to greet me, and the other tenants' motives were all maxed.  I quit without saving, put the hack back in, and got the same message and tenant motive reset.

I had a roommate for a couple of weeks when the hack was in and had no problems with her motives at all.  That part of the hack seems to be working quite well.  I'd never tried a roommate before that, so I don't know what they're like unhacked.

Hook

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 October 29, 22:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I know what the problem was.

A week or two prior to this visit, I had errors from the apartment resident controller.  I reset the controller something like 40 times and it kept erroring again instantly.  I eventually clicked on delete.  I'm going to guess that without the resident controller, none of the residents were able to green their motives.

Hook

Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 November 05, 23:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way that instead of having a deposit and refund of existing fixtures in an apartment, instead there is no refund on anything upon move out? Moving sims out of an apartment does not delete the pre-existing items from it, even if they are being credited for resell value, so I'd rather they get no refunds at all. And, anything they lose because they were stupid and left it behind was clearly sold and profited the owner of the apartments (since it would likely not remain next time the apartment is rented, either).

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 November 06, 00:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way that instead of having a deposit and refund of existing fixtures in an apartment, instead there is no refund on anything upon move out?
No. This aspect of the game is hardcoded. Furthermore, you could manually delete these items, either to upgrade them, or to sell them, and receive the bonus cash even without moving out.

Moving sims out of an apartment does not delete the pre-existing items from it, even if they are being credited for resell value, so I'd rather they get no refunds at all.
The act of moving a sim out of an apartment is complicated. It *DOES* in fact, delete the pre-existing items, in the sense that the entire "parallel bubble universe" is destroyed.

And, anything they lose because they were stupid and left it behind was clearly sold and profited the owner of the apartments (since it would likely not remain next time the apartment is rented, either).
Or it was sold, you know, for cash. Because it's credited to their move-out.

Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 November 10, 21:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way that instead of having a deposit and refund of existing fixtures in an apartment, instead there is no refund on anything upon move out?
No. This aspect of the game is hardcoded. Furthermore, you could manually delete these items, either to upgrade them, or to sell them, and receive the bonus cash even without moving out.

And, anything they lose because they were stupid and left it behind was clearly sold and profited the owner of the apartments (since it would likely not remain next time the apartment is rented, either).
Or it was sold, you know, for cash. Because it's credited to their move-out.

Well, if the selling of the objects in the apartment is hardcoded, and therefore unchangable, then of course the rest of the thought process becomes invalid, heh.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 November 12, 12:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am attempting to split this hack into two packages, one which will have just the stuff that enables apartment living for students in Uni.  This is with a view of enabling players to enjoy the Uni apartment side of things if they prefer to have my apartment fixes suite rather than yours for any reason.

So I have included all 4 of the group 0x7F17E3A4 resources, all 3 group 0x7F028F29 resources, and "Sub - Find a Homeless nID in Temp 0"

In testing, I find the correct agegroup of sim being spawned as neighbors and roommates, even though the roommate claimed to be an architect when listed, but had become a student when he moved in.  My playable sim and his roommate are prompted to go to class at the right time.   However, the not-in-play-but-playable neighbor is not going to class.  Also, how come all the inhabitants of the 9-room ex-dorm are the same sex?  Is that by design?  It hasn't happened to me before.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 November 12, 12:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In testing, I find the correct agegroup of sim being spawned as neighbors and roommates, even though the roommate claimed to be an architect when listed, but had become a student when he moved in.  My playable sim and his roommate are prompted to go to class at the right time.   However, the not-in-play-but-playable neighbor is not going to class.
I will keep that in mind. I'm still tweaking that feature in an attempt to make it work.

Also, how come all the inhabitants of the 9-room ex-dorm are the same sex?  Is that by design?  It hasn't happened to me before.
It's not quite a "design", more of a peculiar interaction in how townie genders are chosen. I have a prototype of this that I gave to Fat Gwilly People, but haven't really heard back on it.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2008 November 12, 12:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it ok to offer this split-off package for testing in Peasantry, if you are not intending to offer a split package yourself?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 November 12, 15:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A built in Dormie Gender Selector would be much appreciated, as this hack now collides with 2jeffs Dormie Gender Selector. Why not a Roomie Gender Selector too? Wink (If possible)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 November 20, 21:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, does leaving the TwoJeffs college hacks in only break Uni apartments (which I didn't plan to use anyway,) or is it going to cause a BFBVFS with everything else too? I'm trying to figure out why my landlord is just wandering around my Sim's mobile home, interacting with their objects and bothering the baby and occasionally pacing around the bathroom for no reason, after my Sim said goodbye to him ("everyone," actually) and he became un-interact-able. I ended up quitting without saving, but I'd like to stop that before it happens again.
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 December 15, 20:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely the 12/14 version, I made sure to check before posting. So the error is still occurring for me in the latest version with going to finals only.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 December 15, 20:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then it's tight pants -- something else in your game is causing the problem, because the 12/14 version causes no errors in a regular uni.  I suspect the problem lies with the hack you use to have them go to uni from the normal hood, in which case Pescado will probably tell you to take the other hack out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: