More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:14:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Unofficial OFB Patch - Merge Of Several Older Fixes + New Stuff
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unofficial OFB Patch - Merge Of Several Older Fixes + New Stuff  (Read 49837 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Unofficial OFB Patch - Merge Of Several Older Fixes + New Stuff
« on: 2008 October 22, 11:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merge of antibagthrow, missingmanager, noghostelevatorlag, waiterfix, bandatronmovefixa shitload of old fixes, so just reinstall the Director's Cut, with new additional fixes for OFB+ games.

ofbfixes.zip

OFB Fixes for TS2OFBp2+
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!
Death to all Nesses!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Jelenedra, The New "Gay"
Rohina the Ugly Butted
Fat Gwilly People

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FIXES:
1. Servers no longer forget about a customer forever if interrupted by
   something after taking the customer's order: When the server resumes his
   task, the customer will be delivered his ordered food.
2. Fixes catch-22 situation associated with trying to sign up at a bandatron
   where you can't move to the bandatron unless you sign up but you can't sign
   up or even go home unless you move to the bandatron.
3. Foods now respond to "Set Price of Type".
4. Reporters no longer spawn an erroneous "change wage" dialog.
5. Fixed "who are you trying to call" when checking in with a manager at an
   owned community lot.
6. Fixed horrible lag caused by ghosts trying and failing to use elevators.
7. Customers bag throwing will no longer occur immediately due to route
   blockage.  Standard timeout duration now applies instead of immediate
   throwing merely because some other sim obstructed the line.
8. Robot stands must now hold the correct robots to restock. Munchies no
   longer restock as Sentries, Hydros no longer restock as Cleans, and
   vice-versa.
9. Fixes the "double pay, double decay" fix with businesses that causes the
   remote payout popup to appear twice in succession, before you can reasonably
   check in after the first popup.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2OFBp0+.
Merges older FFS hacks that fix these same issues.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Moderatoredit: Full list of fixes merged into this one, thanks to Invisigoth:
antibagthrow.package
bandatronmovefix.package
missingmanagerfix.package
noghostelevatorlag.package
ofbminifixes.package
remotebusinessfix.package
robotrestockfix.package
waiterfix.package
« Last Edit: 2008 November 23, 07:03:20 by BastDawn » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Unofficial OFB Patch - Merge Of Several Older Fixes + New Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 22, 15:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: RTFM
*presses button*
I was also having a lot of trouble with #1 in my pie restaurant, to the point where Noelia the Dense was forgetting about all but one table and I was losing stars. Will check to see if this fixes it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 22, 16:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuzzy Pumpkin: You know, that fix is actually old. Tongue I just rolled them all in, probably because Stupid Pumpkins couldn't find it amongst all the hundreds of fixes. Also, in Soviet Russia, BUSINESS RUNS YOU! Restaurant businesses simply DO NOT FUNCTION WORTH SHIT without BRY running the show.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 22, 19:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have BRY. I love BRY, even when it runs me in ways I don't agree with (I had to fire an employee as I didn't want her working at the moment and BRY summoned her twice an hour, every hour).

Yeah, I probably couldn't find it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 23, 01:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have BRY. I love BRY, even when it runs me in ways I don't agree with (I had to fire an employee as I didn't want her working at the moment and BRY summoned her twice an hour, every hour).
BRY doesn't auto-summon employees except when it was the one to auto-dismiss them in the first place. If dismissed them by hitting "dismiss employee", the employee should go away and not come back. It sounds like you're battling EAxis.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 23, 03:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BRY doesn't auto-summon employees except when it was the one to auto-dismiss them in the first place. If dismissed them by hitting "dismiss employee", the employee should go away and not come back. It sounds like you're battling EAxis.
Yeah, that's the way I was dismissing her. Through the hammer & sickle. I'd never summoned her in the first place. Then the trollup kept coming back over and over. So now she's fired and the janitor does double-duty as server when it gets busy, because unlike the first server she buses her tables. And she used to try to be the hostess despite being assigned as a janitor and the hostess being assigned and completely free. Note that I'm not complaining...I wish all restaurant employees were like her.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 23, 04:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: RTFM
*presses button*
I was also having a lot of trouble with #1 in my pie restaurant, to the point where Noelia the Dense was forgetting about all but one table and I was losing stars. Will check to see if this fixes it.
I had this issue as well... I thought I did press an option or something randomly, but when I saw the head of my sim (which runs the lot) I was very puzzled. This fix will save my stuff.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 23, 04:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, all this stuff is just a repack of an older hack. If you've been having these problems, it is only because you SUCK and did not get enough AWESOMEWARE.

Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 23, 04:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the very point : I usualy insert fix when I see an issue needed to be fixed, but honestly this problem showed unexpectanctly 3 days ago in my game. About 90% of the hacks installed in my folder are from yours.. that's also why my game runs quite fine.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 23, 05:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the director's cut zip still has the ghostelevatorlag and the missingmanagerfix.package files.

I see this fixes the ghost elevator. What about the missing manager?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 23, 06:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed. Old deprecated packages removed.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 23, 15:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, all this stuff is just a repack of an older hack. If you've been having these problems, it is only because you SUCK and did not get enough AWESOMEWARE.
Tongue I like to know my hacks before I swallow them. That being said, I've swallowed a good 90% of the DC by now.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 23, 22:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is related to antibagthrow, since both of these have it. But I'm wondering if my game will turn into a BFBVFS with this conflict:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Patron Buy
Group ID: 0x7FDE81DC
Instance ID: 0x00002007
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Pescado\ofbfixes.package
\downloads\SW\SW-CustomersLeaveAfterPurchase-Playable-DontGoBroke.package

I do have playables coming to my sims' stores, but their funds do not decrease and the item they buy is not put into their stock. I know before this came out all I needed to do was remove antibagthrow to remove the conflict.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 24, 19:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Report: Whatever functionality hack I'd missed before that's rolled into this seems to be working beautifully. I had issues with the waitress basically ignoring half my tables consistently (she'd go up to chat, then not take orders and move on). With hack in, I was down to just one table being ignored. I moved that table slightly even though there were no routing complaints and shouldn't have been, and now she's being a good little server and paying proper attention to all customers.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 25, 08:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IAmTheRad

Pick up noplayableshoppers from here and use that instead of the SW one. Customer Selector also has an option on it (set to default, I believe) that stops playables from shopping.

I know that it is a little different than what you have been using as SW allows playables to shop but not spend money. But at least doing it this way will stop the conflicts and still keep your playables' money intact.

ETA: It just occured to me, why do we still need noautopetbuy since we have noplayableshoppers?
« Last Edit: 2008 October 25, 09:07:12 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 25, 09:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because if you allow playable shoppers by the backdoor mechanisms (Customer Selector, etc), but then have pets there, you can have them buy some things but not others. Also, it's aggravating! You don't want to refuse a fuzzy animal, but it never stops...and you get presented with the INDETERMINATE fuzzy animal, at that.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 25, 19:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that the full list of mods made obsolete by this fix are robotrestockfix.package, remotebusinessfix.package, waiterfix.package, ofbminifixes.package, noghostelevatorlag.package, missingmanagerfix.package, bandatronmovefix.package, and antibagthrow.package. If anyone is aware of one that I've missed please correct me.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
SimGeekChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 02, 10:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that the full list of mods made obsolete by this fix are robotrestockfix.package, remotebusinessfix.package, waiterfix.package, ofbminifixes.package, noghostelevatorlag.package, missingmanagerfix.package, bandatronmovefix.package, and antibagthrow.package. If anyone is aware of one that I've missed please correct me.

Are those old fixes, except the antibagthrow, stored anywhere on MATY? I can't live without my SW playables don't go broke. Sad I like seeing my playables shop but I don't want, say,  Brandi Broke to blow her few simoleans on crap, thus making her children starve.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 02, 16:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use customerselector. Set it to allow playables, but not allow poor sims. Playables can then shop but won't spend money if they have less than a reasonable amount. Better than SW's. You can also set the type of bus so that visitors at restaurants will arrive hungry, etc.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
dzlockhead
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 May 25, 02:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im having a problem, although this fixed my "who are you trying to call" problem, when i do, i dont get any money. these are the only hacks ive got
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 October 06, 01:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if these mods are being updated but I thought I'd let you know that with this mod in it isn't possible to assign an employee to a chef stove.  Owner/household members can but when you try to assign an employee they just stand there and do nothing.  I can assign one just fine without the mod in so definately something within the mod that is causing the problem.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 October 06, 02:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't reproduce this, it works fine for me.

Tuesday
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 May 02, 20:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if these mods are being updated but I thought I'd let you know that with this mod in it isn't possible to assign an employee to a chef stove.  Owner/household members can but when you try to assign an employee they just stand there and do nothing.  I can assign one just fine without the mod in so definately something within the mod that is causing the problem.

I apologize for the necromancy, but I came here searching for information on the above issue. Like the quoted post, I'm not sure if these mods are even being updated anymore and am just reporting the problem in case anyone else is having issues.

If I have sim A own a restaurant and I'm playing the business side, the assigned chef will interact with the stove as expected. If I am playing from the customer's side and take sim B to sim A's restaurant, the assigned chef will do everything but interact with the stove. I've tried selecting sim A and reassigning the chef to the stove/having the chef reassign themselves to the stove, but the action drops out of the queue.

In the non-interaction scenario, there is already a tray of food on the chef stove when sim B first enters the lot, so the first sim sat/served gets to eat. Other sims will be seated, have their orders taken, sit for awhile, get pissed when no food comes and leave.

I'm running these scenarios in a brand new test neighborhood with only the directors cut in my downloads folder.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 May 03, 03:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't reproduce this behavior at all, it works fine for me in my game.

Prah
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 May 05, 17:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mod fix the changing face-problem for sims when they switch to uniforms? If not, is there a fix for that?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: