More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 09:22:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Witches lost hats, changed hair colour
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Witches lost hats, changed hair colour  (Read 14705 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Witches lost hats, changed hair colour
« on: 2008 October 19, 15:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Halp.
Has this happened to anyone else?  I've just installed the AL Patch and Kitchen Stuff. 

« Last Edit: 2008 October 19, 16:05:03 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Witches lost hats, changed hair colour
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 19, 15:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where are you getting a 2nd AL patch?   Huh

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 19, 16:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops.  I dunno where that came from.  THE AL Patch I mean.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 19, 17:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened to me too, and I haven't installed a single patch. Me green evil witch also have a green scalp, the replacement worked nicely before. Huh Also, apparently she has elder eyebrows...

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Ayana
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 21, 04:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the looks of it, she's an elder with adult hair. I've got one of those running around my game right now, without the patch. I think it's just another EAxian screwup.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 21, 12:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But why haven't she got the hat? That's what bugs me the most.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 21, 20:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sim fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 21, 20:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there a patch to Seasons, or BV maybe that messed up the hair colour of NPCs?  I remember seeing lots of mismatched eyebrows and hair...  With BV, there were enough people with Charlatans in the wrong costume that Pes made the monocle available, so we could re-dress them.

I have the patch and the same problem with missing hats.  Are the hats available in the change appearance dialog?  I didn't check myself but if they are, you can use the batbox to re-costume the affected NPCs.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 21, 20:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sim fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
She looks a bit like Ajax, from Duckman...

(Ajax is the one on the right, aka Not Dweezil Zappa.)

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 21, 22:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there a patch to Seasons, or BV maybe that messed up the hair colour of NPCs?  I remember seeing lots of mismatched eyebrows and hair...  With BV, there were enough people with Charlatans in the wrong costume that Pes made the monocle available, so we could re-dress them.

I have the patch and the same problem with missing hats.  Are the hats available in the change appearance dialog?  I didn't check myself but if they are, you can use the batbox to re-costume the affected NPCs.

It was the Pets patch.  This problem doesn't to seem to affect other NPCs, just the witches.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 21, 23:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention I don't have the patch, so it can't be it.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 22, 07:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the patch was supposed to fix something to do with witches hats/hair? I'll go look.

[edit]

Witch's hats no longer become the default hairstyle when a Sim witch ages.

Maybe you have to change the hair manually using a mirror to get the hats back?

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 22, 08:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think everyone is missing the point...

Emma: That fix looks like it's to do with playable sims, when they age, their default hair is the witch hat.

The NPC Good and Bad Witch now no longer wear their hats at all.  Also, in mine and Crashs case, the evil witch turned into a ginger.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 22, 08:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhhhh...those are the NPC witches? Okay-I dunno then Cheesy

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 22, 11:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I needed to change a Sim's name. When I did, I got a pop-up of all the Sims in the hood. I saw 3 evil witches and 3 ninjas on the list. I'm not sure about duplicates of the other witch types, but anti-redundancy was in the game before the hood was even started. Two of the evil witches in the portraits have regular hair instead of the witch's hats.

I haven't seen these two witches in person yet, but was surprised that they weren't wearing their normal hats. I don't have anything in the game that changes what NPCs wear, nothing witch related, no downloaded skins, or anything that I can think of that would have caused this either. Like the OP, I'm stumped. I don't remember if this occurred before or after installing the AL patch, but all other patches were already in place.

Creaturefixes takes care of the scalp problem.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 22, 13:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all other patches - none for AL. It's the NPC witches in the new hood that this has happened to. I haven't even seen them with hats.
I have the AL dc - so I got creaturefixes with that. My good witch doesn't have a hat either - and even though I am using no-layer fix for the good witch, that I know works, she's having these glittery splotches all over her face - and only her face. It looks disturbing to say the least. I'm not sure what could have happened between when it worked and now. Could this be cc related? Or is it just a coincidence that I've got more than one problem at once with the witches? I have no idea at this point.

id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 23, 16:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all other patches - none for AL. It's the NPC witches in the new hood that this has happened to. I haven't even seen them with hats.
I have the AL dc - so I got creaturefixes with that. My good witch doesn't have a hat either - and even though I am using no-layer fix for the good witch, that I know works, she's having these glittery splotches all over her face - and only her face. It looks disturbing to say the least. I'm not sure what could have happened between when it worked and now. Could this be cc related? Or is it just a coincidence that I've got more than one problem at once with the witches? I have no idea at this point.

ok, you changed the SKIN of the witches.  Did you take off the AURA also?  I used to have two tone witches after I got a fix to change the witch skins to normal until I took off the aura also.  After that they finally had normal skins.

on the hat issue:  I noticed all my witches with custom hair go bald every time they have a birthday.  most annoying.  and of course if they change the level off goodness/evilness they also go bald....  grrrrrr
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 23, 20:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creaturefixes has a fix for the baldness.

Why would taking away the aura help with the skin issue?

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 25, 14:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it at all possible it's to do with the custom skin overlay?  I can't see why it should be but ... my good witch for Little Carping finally generated last night (I've been waiting a while, the evil one turned up a couple of weeks ago).  He had his hat (he also turned up in daylight which I thought he wasn't supposed to do).  I've not yet put in the overlays I downloaded because I haven't seen enough of the wicked witch to get sick of the sight of that vile green skin (though the sparkles indeed made him look diseased).  I patched and everything - it's an otherwise clean hood with the noregen hacks in Downloads.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 25, 15:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are fine too, and I have no skin overlays either.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 25, 19:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what the common factor is, but it's not skin overlays or patch.  I do not have skin overlays, and it doesn't look like Tigerlilley's witches in the first post have them either.  Interestingly, the evil NPC witch is red-haired in my game, too.

I was busy tracking down another issue so didn't have time to check whether the hats are available in CAS.  I'd assume they would be.  Tigerlilley, did that not fix your NPCs?
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 25, 23:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a long shot, but do you guys having trouble by any chance have Squinge's hack that makes witches not change outfit when they change alignment? Could it possible screw with the witches when they generate?

If I knew how to delete npc's to let the game generate a witch again, I'd test it out myself...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 25, 23:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have an unreleased shiny version of anti-witch-outfit-forcing, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 26, 09:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have created several more hoods and have not had a repeat of the Hat weirdness. I am wondering if applying patch #1 caused witches to switch the hats that they were wearing at the time of applying the patch, thus affecting only current witches.

Has anyone created any new hoods post patch and seen the hat problem in the new hood?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 26, 14:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not applied the patch at all, as I've said several times already, so it's likely not patch related - unless I have an issue that is completely unrelated but exactly the same.

I think I have an unreleased shiny version of anti-witch-outfit-forcing, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.
Does Non-fat Gwilly People count, because I have removed Squinge's version, since I don't trust it.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: