More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:02:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Children witches/warlocks
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Children witches/warlocks  (Read 47396 times)
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Children witches/warlocks
« on: 2008 October 18, 23:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wondering if this was ever going to be possible.  I have a witch sim expecting a child and part of me doesn't want to let her have it if there is a chance that the child will be able to do magic eventually.  If there is no hope I will just convert the teenager but I thought it would be fun for my sims kids to bring home a little witch or warlock.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: Children witches/warlocks
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 18, 23:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

traditionally, a witch recieves her power around the 13th birthday. according to most of the witch stories i've seen. XD
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 19, 00:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a shame because most of the spells adult sims can do in this game are childish enough for kids.  I keep checking MTS2 hoping that some new mods pop up.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 19, 01:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone should make more spells that are actually useful.  Is it possible to make custom spells?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 19, 01:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone should make more spells that are actually useful.  Is it possible to make custom spells?
Yes, but it's not something that is EXTENSIBLE, so you're pretty much stuck with whatever is made by one user.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 19, 01:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh!  That'd be cool.   Grin

As for magical children, I know the kids in the Harry Potter books all showed magical ability before they turned elelven.  Kinda sucks for all the ppl who want to play Harry Potter/Hogworts in Sims 2, since Harry and the gang can't use magic until they're teens.

What age are sim kids and teens anyway?  Kids are just starting school and aren't allowed to stay home alone, but they can read and even study some pretty complex subjects.  (In Canada, kids as young as 8-10 can be left home alone without anyone batting an eye; I'm not sure what the laws and such are in other countries.  I know most kids learn to read sometime btwn 4 and 7 years old.)  Teens in the Sims 2 can be the legal guardian for younger siblings and can drive, which would probably place them around 16 years old in reality?  I guess the logical assumption to make is that kids age transition to teens at the equivalent to 13 years old, which would line up with the which stories nekonoai mentioned.

I would guess that the main reason child sims are not allowed to use Sims 2 magic is that spells that make zombies and light other sims on fire seem a bit too mature for the 6-12 year old crowd.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 19, 01:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like from the lack of spells in the game, EAxis figured people would be adding more.  Some could even recycle things from the game already like freezing people lol. 

I guess child witches just seems like it would be easier then creating new spells, but I am no expert on the subject whatsoever.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 19, 02:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What age are sim kids and teens anyway?
6 and 12, duh. TS2 follows the Rule of 6: Babies and Toddlers are 0 (notice how there is no grow up memory between them), Children are 6, Teens are 12, YAs are 18, Elders are 54.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 19, 04:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would guess that the main reason child sims are not allowed to use Sims 2 magic is that spells that make zombies and light other sims on fire seem a bit too mature for the 6-12 year old crowd.

I wouldn't want Tabula Rasa or Inflammo in the hands of a kid. ... Actually, I wouldn't want those in the hands of most people. XD
Menchii
Asinine Airhead

Standing Kitteh!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 19, 06:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but it's not something that is EXTENSIBLE, so you're pretty much stuck with whatever is made by one user.

If the spells were made by you why would we want any other ones?

And, you know, rude, mean people want a place to call home, too. There are plenty of sugary nice places already. This ain't one of them.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 19, 06:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want some new spells for the good witch too Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 19, 07:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, feel free to suggest some, including their Dog-Latin Names, the corresponding stupid poem, and what they should actually do.

Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 19, 08:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be almost as useful not to follow EAxis conventions with any new spell names, just so players can spot the new stuff easily. After all, you already have batboxes and Soviet toilet paper.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 19, 11:49:38 by Dopp » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 19, 08:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not just EAxis convention, it apparently extends further than that, because I have encountered dog-Latin spells elsewhere.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 19, 09:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What 6-12 crowd?  The game is supposed to be for teens and up.

Inteen for AL, yay!
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 19, 14:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, feel free to suggest some, including their Dog-Latin Names, the corresponding stupid poem, and what they should actually do.

What would you make as a spell?  Anything would be pretty useless, gamewise....I mean, I guess you could incorporate some of the voodoo stuff into the spells, but other than that, it's pretty much all covered...although I guess you could add things like "max a skillpoint" or "give a promotion" and the inverses...but..there's really not that much to do.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 19, 14:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything I can think of usually ties in with a specific schtick of a sim rather than something of general applicability.

JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 19, 14:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I can think of a few that already have the results in the game like: cause a sim to get struck by lightening, death by flies, cause a sim to freeze from being so cold, or vice versa for being so hot.  Those are the few I have thought of.  I just want my very evil sims to actually be able to do really evil things lol.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 19, 15:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What 6-12 crowd?  The game is supposed to be for teens and up.
I meant the sim kids of course.  Seeing a child sim casting inflammo on his mom and then bringing her back as a zombie and wiping all her memories might look a little bit more disturbing than having a teen sim do the same.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 19, 16:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing a child sim casting inflammo on his mom and then bringing her back as a zombie and wiping all her memories might look a little bit more disturbing than having a teen sim do the same.

I think that would be disturbing no matter who did it.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 19, 16:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant the sim kids of course.  Seeing a child sim casting inflammo on his mom and then bringing her back as a zombie and wiping all her memories might look a little bit more disturbing than having a teen sim do the same.

Really?  I'd definitely want that.  I don't see it as any more disturbing than the smug little oiks they are now.  They disturb me as it is.  Maybe that's just me...

Inteen for AL, yay!
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 19, 17:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Along the same lines as the evaporate puddles spell, there could be spells to evaporate garbage and roaches, or magically fix things.  Spells to make Seasons trees and crops instantly ripen.  Spells to change the weather.  Spells to create a temporary invisible snapdragon somewhere.  Spells to certain objects much more attractive to visitors (useful for businesses).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 19, 18:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if you followed the instructions for how to submit these suggestions for review, I would take them more seriously.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 19, 18:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just throwing ideas out there - dog-Latin depresses me.  Maybe I'll make a stab at some real Latin later.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 19, 19:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the following spells require the same regents as Magus Mutio, and are neutral.

Lycanthrius Mutio: Every Night when the moon is right
grow fur you shall
and remember random assorted crap

Turns a sim into an instant werewolf. Like those potions, only less cheaty.

Servantus Instantanio: Beet Boop pa
veet voop zip zap vip vap

Spawns a servo next to the caster.

Vampirus Mutio: The sim with type O,
will have type NO

Turns sim into a vampire.

Chlorius Mutio: Photosynthesis,
Photosynthesis, Photosynthesis, Orange

Turns sim into instant Plantsim.

Ectoplasis Plumbio: Force that object above your head,
to be on top of someone layed to bed

Makes ghosts controllable.

This one requires mystic dust, and a moonbeam. It is an evil spell.

Tempus Interrupto: Like a lawn gnome, forever still
this sim will hate these annoying sucky poems

Freezes a sim forever. A grave stone will appear next to the sim, and will be dead, but the body will be frozen in a standing position, and will be altered into a sculpture. Sims can view the sim, and it is movable.

This is an Evil spell and needs no regents.

Tortarus Attackum: I really hate these sucky poems,
just torture this sim dammit!

Makes the sim never die, but gives them static low aspiration, and needs. The sim will always fall asleep, go crazy ect. Also they will get electrocuted every time they try to fix anything.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: