More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:00:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Spice Prices
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spice Prices  (Read 14841 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Spice Prices
« on: 2008 October 17, 05:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached is a spreadsheet listing all the spice prices (spreadsheet format is Excel 2003).  Prices on easy level are more generous than for normal/hard, so I have listed both sets of prices.

File is rar'd, as I cannot attach .xls file.

* Spore Spice Prices.rar (2.59 KB - downloaded 644 times.)

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
raptureswild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Spice Prices
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 20, 19:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may beat me.  I will not complain this time, just try to do it with wet sand in a sock so it doesn't leave a mark.

I don't have a .rar unzipper, nor do I have Excel installed on my computer.  Can you give me a brief summary of what is in this file so that I can determine whether or not it's worth getting an un-rar-er and a .xls reader?  I've played space for about an hour total but I'm not sure how this can help (so if you could tell me that it would be nice as well).

Again I'm not trying to be stupid.  Just trying to see what this is about and how it can be useful.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 20, 22:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a screenshot of the entire file.

The point is so that you know whether it's worth selling your spice at the price you are being offered.  On normal/hard difficulty 11K is a good price for red, but a lousy price for purple.  Faizah wanted to have averages included, so that she could know if prices were above or below average.  I colour coded the only prices I would consider selling at, to make it easier to read my printed copy.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 22, 10:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Picture appears to be missing. Google Docs HTML Version?

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 22, 11:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My willingness to dump at lower prices depends on how much of the stuff I'm expecting to pick up soon. If I'm in the same system with a full planet at 30 spice, I will dump 30 units on the spot for anything better than the null price.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 22, 12:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Notovny for putting it on Google Docs, although I'm not sure why you couldn't see the image.

Maybe you have my photobucket blocked for some reason?

Parsimonious Kate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 11, 03:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My willingness to dump at lower prices depends on how much of the stuff I'm expecting to pick up soon. If I'm in the same system with a full planet at 30 spice, I will dump 30 units on the spot for anything better than the null price.

Or doing a change Archtype mission with a Trader Empire then you just sell any fecking spice you've got at whatever price they'll give you to save dying of boredom trying to shift 5000 units of the stuff... or is that just me?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 11, 06:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have 5000 units of spice that you can find to sell, it is unclear to me why you'd bother picking up the Trader archetype at that point. The Trader power is only useful for people who can't fight, I say. Zealot power is way more useful.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 11, 17:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who says Traders don't have to fight? pfffft.. plenty of fighting.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 11, 19:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there's have to and then there's want to.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 12, 01:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who says Traders don't have to fight? pfffft.. plenty of fighting.
The Trader Power sort of runs counter to MOAR FIGHT. Since it's not of any use if you are not engaged in MOAR FIGHT, and you need a sizeable empire to make it even possible to pay 10 million for a single system, the Trader Power isn't really of much use early on, when your money is better invested in a minibomb, and isn't so much use later on, either, because Megabombs are still cheaper. Tongue

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 12, 03:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well thats true early on its pretty useless but once youve pretty much gotten the badges you can pretty much do whatever you want to do.  Im cleaning up all the red areas and applying Notovny's law...relating to those who attack my empire don't deserve one anymore.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: