More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:13:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  About bloody patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: About bloody patch  (Read 4995 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
About bloody patch
« on: 2008 October 11, 14:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clear the discussion one time for all...

EAxis have released the AL patch.
actually i'm coming from a clean installation, so I've all EP and SP installed without any of the numerous patch released...

What the hell is supped that i should do ?
On the official site they didn't say if the last patch fix all ... i suppose yes, but i fear no.

for sure this patch will create more bugs, that CCMakers will fix sooner or later but i wish to know that you think about.  Wink
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
Re: About bloody patch
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 11, 14:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think any of this needed to be cleared up.  It "is supped" that you should read the thread about the patch and decide for yourself if you want to deal with the new bugs in exchange for fixing the old ones that it lists.  Either way, you should definitely install all the old patches for previous EPs before playing.  And use the appropriate no-CD crack to avoid SecuROM.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 11, 16:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i always use no-cd 'cause i hate to play with cd on the drive.
at least i fill fine without patch so i think i'll stay on this way, this was just a sort of survey  Grin
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 11, 17:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install old EP patches, avoid AL patch (my opinion). The AL patch doesn't fix most of the critical bugs of the EP. Best off getting alfixes here.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 11, 17:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both.  Pescado said they shouldn't conflict.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 14, 10:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried installing the AL patch and it said my game wasn't properly installed.  probably because of my No cd crack.  I don't have the original exe anymore.  I do have the torrent files, but for some reason they don't want to open.  I'm not sure it's worth all the work to find the original exe, just for the patch.  Since my game runs fine with the awesome fixes.

Edit:  I'm not fully sure what was wrong, but I got it to work correctly now.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 15, 23:48:44 by FourCats » Logged

May all your fears & worries come true.
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 14, 13:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you have to find an updated no cd crack for the patch? This is the only reason I haven't installed the patch I can't find an updated no-cd....

Female Gamer<br />EQ2 Sariah 50 Warden<br />Sims 2
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 14, 15:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The updated AL no-CD crack is available at gamecopyworld.  I downloaded it a few days ago after using the Maxis patch on my game.  I have some of the Awesomeware fixes too, and the only problems I've noticed with my setup are occasional graphics glitches of the non-BFBVFS variety, which I blame on my graphics card.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 14, 21:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried installing the AL patch and it said my game wasn't properly installed.  probably because of my No cd crack.  I don't have the original exe anymore.  I do have the torrent files, but for some reason they don't want to open.  I'm not sure it's worth all the work to find the original exe, just for the patch.  Since my game runs fine with the awesome fixes.

The AL patch looks optional at best, but do you intend to never patch or update with another EP/SP again?  If you try to install the upcoming L&P, you'll need the original exe for that, too.  Undecided
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: