More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 05:05:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  how to place lots over bumpy terrain?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: how to place lots over bumpy terrain?  (Read 3657 times)
arogers
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
how to place lots over bumpy terrain?
« on: 2008 October 11, 11:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a lot that is like a gorge where the is a big dip in the middle but it continues outside of the lot too. is there anyway around this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: how to place lots over bumpy terrain?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 11, 11:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 11, 13:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa. Arogers, your post was a bit hard to read. You may want to check what the shift keys on your keyboard do. They're kinda cool.

Maybe you could start with making a lot with the desired bumpy terrain and adjust the terrain around the lot afterwards. I believe there is a cheat that allows you to do that. I can't remember it right now, but you can find it by typing 'help' in the cheat box. It's on the list.
I'm not sure if this would work, but it's worth giving it a try.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 11, 13:27:19 by Tsarina » Logged

INEPT INTP
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 11, 17:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheat won't work in the space occupied by the lot. It's pretty much useless unless you use it before placing any lots in the area.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kaitlyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 11, 21:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheat you want to use is "modifyNeighborhoodTerrain on", with no quotations, obviously.  But in order to place a lot over your newly created gorge, you'll need to go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Sys\Neighborhood.ini, open that file, scroll down near the bottom, find the line that says "MaxLotSlope=20.0" and change the "20.0" to 80.0, or any other number less than 90.  Do this for every expansion you have, ie, C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University (or Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life)\TSData\Sys\Neighborhood.ini. 

That cheat only came out with Free Time.  If you don't have that expansion, you'll have to get a premade neighborhood terrain with a built-in gorge. 

Oh, and back up your Neighborhood.ini file just in case you screw it up, or it turns out I'm talking completely out of my arse.   Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 October 11, 21:55:25 by Kaitlyn » Logged
OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 14, 22:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing you could do is take a 6x6 lot (or whatever the largest one is) and plop it down there and do the terrain how you like then assuming the lot you want to put there is smaller it will retain the topography left when you delete the 6x6 lot (when you nuke a lot only the building stuff is gone.... terrain is left completely alone) and you'll be left with a smaller lot inside the gorge or whatever you create. You can also place down multiple lots side by side and edit it how you like in a patchwork style. Edit one then place a NEW lot (wont alter the terrain you just made that way) overlapping where the old was and continue editing. You wont be able to extend the terrain outward away from the street using that (unless there is a road to attach the lots to of course) but it should do fine overall.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: