More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 23:16:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Failed to enumerate any Directx9
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Failed to enumerate any Directx9  (Read 23751 times)
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Failed to enumerate any Directx9
« on: 2008 October 10, 19:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.. I have googled this error message to death and still have not found a solution to this problem. I have searched all over this site also. Nowmaybe I am using the wrong phrases but I have been on this problem for 2 days. I am sorry if this is not the right place but I need help with this.

I installed all the sims 2 and ep up to Free time and K&B sp on my daughters Laptop Vista. With all the updates as suggested in here so some of the fixes would work.

checked my adpaters and got the latest Directx10... which I found out already comes on this

I installed the NoCD from gameworld I download 3-17-2008

Thought I was on the nose with all this 

Double clicked  to test the game and this is the error message I get:

Failed to enumerate any Direct X9 compatible graphics adapters in this system!

Please make sure have a DirectX9 compatible graphics adapter and have intslled the latest maufaturer provided driver.

The application will now terminate.

Has anyone else gotten this and howcan this be fixed?  Please

Thank you for ready this...

Simerette

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Failed to enumerate any Directx9
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 10, 19:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the NoCD from gameworld I download 3-17-2008

Ah, but where did you install it?  This error is common when you put the no-cd.exe in the wrong place.  It should go into the TSBin directory, replacing the original (you should back that one up, since you'll have to restore it to apply patches). You should also start the game from the no-cd.exe, and not from the Launcher.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 10, 19:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried to start the game again because the first time I started the game on this laptop I got the same message?

ISFJ
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 10, 19:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jsalemi ... ty ty ty ...ok ty   Roll Eyes Grin i knew that ok i forgot... since its been awhile like may  sometime is there anythingelse out there i need Huh oh btw did i say ty...lol
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 11, 00:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simerette, please post like a person. Use your words.

Did you follow Jsalemi's directions? It's very difficult for me to tell if you have done them and retried running the game and are having issues, or if you are just vomiting random letters.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 12, 12:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem. It worked after I updated my graphic card's driver.
SimWardrobe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 13, 05:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Video card drivers can become corrupted. Error messages like this one can be the result of a corrupt video driver. Simply reinstalling the same version of the existing video driver can fix problems like this one.

This isn't so much a Sims 2 problem as it is a DirectX problem. The game is asking DirectX to enumerate the video cards installed in your machine and DirectX is telling the game that there are no installed video cards. DirectX is failing to communicate properly with the video drivers on your computer. I did not think it was possible for a video card driver to become corrupted until it happened on one of my PCs. The computer in question became unable to run games like UT 2004 or Battlefield 1942. The PC ran great, until it had to use DirectX for something. Uninstalling and reinstalling DirectX did nothing. Uninstalling and reinstalling the video driver corrected all of the problems.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 16, 17:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to my PC two weeks ago.
I changed a X800 GT0 to a new card to solve the Problem.

Then I dug out an old PC just to solve the Problem the hard way and tried 11 days to get it done without changing the card.
My solution was: Format C:...
Only graphic on board, no X800 yet!
Then install Windows XP service Pack 2 included,
then install Mainboard drivers, NET2.0, directX9.0c,
then install that ATI driver, original CD shipped with the Card,
then plug in X800

Then XP found new components, i let it connect to the internet and do the job.

Then directX did work with ATI driver.

Try google that problem, it is funny how many people suffer by this and buy a new card, like I did in the first time.
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 22, 01:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experienced this error when installing AL last week. The exe was in the right place, too. So I tried uninstalling/reinstalling AL with no luck. Then I reinstalled direct x and my drivers, tried installing AL again, but it was still giving me the error.

I did some investigating online, it seems that this problem was happening a lot with FT - there were a bunch of threads about it on the BBS. It was happening to people with fantastic rigs, and people with shitboxes. For some people reinstalling their drivers fixed the problem, for others, it didn't.

It seemed so random that I wondered if I could simply brute-force it into working. So I kept uninstalling/reinstalling AL (without changing anything else), and on the third time the error was banished and apartments ensued.

I'm not awesome enough to know what this means, but my marginally more awesome friend thinks it's a sign that EA can't even manage to bash out an installer without including copious amounts of fail.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 22, 06:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this occur a couple of times in my latest attempts to reinstall the game. In my case simply restarting the game fixed the problem, though uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times might not be a bad idea either. Don't assume that reinstalling the game doesn't fix it after having it tried once, try at least a couple of times before giving up on it.

As Papercut said, a lot of errors i got with the game and patches seem random, and after the third try it might work as if nothing happened. (it did for me anyway)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: