More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:58:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A question of genetics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A question of genetics  (Read 7885 times)
Killzone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A question of genetics
« on: 2008 October 10, 02:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Preamble
I have a custom hood made using the templates/tutorials available/linked to this site. I have populated the hood with a wide variety of pretty people (other peoples sims used as is or slighty modified..because I am simply inept at making pretty people) of various skintones and meshes.

After establishing careers and relationships it is now time to commence a baby boom. I downloaded Inseminator to use as a testing tool to see the results of various mergers.

My male sims are mainly various versions of the Body Builder type, the male version skintone is without junk as I use CrammyBoys mod.
The female sims are a wide variety of shapes and sizes with skintones/meshes that are anatomically correct

Problem
If the offspring is a female and the male skintone is dominant, then the female has nipples but no colouring
If the offspring is male and the female skintone is dominant then male is a very skinny dude when his father is Slim Body Builder.

If the offspring is female and female skintone dominates then all is good. The female has the same mesh/skintone as her mother including coloured nipples.
If the offspring is male and the male skintone prevails then all is good. The male has the same mesh/build/skintone as his father

Female sims with the CPU bodyshape/skintone often have the Huge Body Builder male skintone. Most of the slimmer custom skintones/meshes seem to have just maxis default male skins attached.

I can see in generations to come that the male Slim Body Builder will become extinct, there will be a few Huge Body Builder/Bear males around but mostly the male population will be skinny maxis dudes.

Questions

1) Is there an easy method to extract a skintone used by my male sims and colourize the nipples of the females in the skintone and replace the existing males skintone in the game?

2) Is it possible to change an existing (in the game) females skintone/mesh/whatever in SimPe so that the male children grow up to be SlimBody Builders and not maxis skinny dudes?

3) Are you able to tell the sex of a baby before birth? Or is are the dice rolled by the computer when the stork comes?

4) (and I dont really want to do this) Is it best just to blow up the hood and start afresh and "stop being a lazy bastard and make your own damn sims with proper skintones..wherever they might be found"?

I realise that I should direct these queries directly to to various skin/mesh makers, but these forums seem to be swarmed by awesomeness and any assistance/guidance/direction would be appreciated.

If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you!
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: A question of genetics
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 10, 04:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know one! #3-

You are correct: the sex and personality of the baby is rolled at birth. The number of babies is rolled at conception, however.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 10, 05:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Addendum: The number of babies may be deliberately or randomly modified during gestation due to Cheezecaek or the Fambly sim "Perk".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 10, 16:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Is there an easy method to extract a skintone used by my male sims and colourize the nipples of the females in the skintone and replace the existing males skintone in the game?

2) Is it possible to change an existing (in the game) females skintone/mesh/whatever in SimPe so that the male children grow up to be SlimBody Builders and not maxis skinny dudes?

1) I would assume you could open the package file in SimPE, export the texture, colourize it using your image editing program of choice, and import the new .png file... not sure of the exact procedure, but you can probably find a tute. Or use trial and error. Just back up the .package first...

2) Changing skintones in SimPE is ridiculously easy. Just add the relevant .package files to your filetable, and the skintone option will show up in SimSurgery. You'll then have to open the sim's character file and update the SimDNA to make the change genetic. Again, back up your 'hood first...

SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 11, 02:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) I would assume you could open the package file in SimPE, export the texture, colourize it using your image editing program of choice, and import the new .png file... not sure of the exact procedure, but you can probably find a tute. Or use trial and error. Just back up the .package first...

2) Changing skintones in SimPE is ridiculously easy. Just add the relevant .package files to your filetable, and the skintone option will show up in SimSurgery. You'll then have to open the sim's character file and update the SimDNA to make the change genetic. Again, back up your 'hood first...

I used to have a similar situation a couple years ago. I did my own female recolors from pics I crackinated from ATK and Karups sites. I almost always did SimSurgery on them at the teen stage...problem was, that I always got facial deformation(they used to call it crimplip). Then I had to go into the SimPE resource tree and list, and replace files on the patient sim from a different level of the file hierchy. SimPE seemed to lose the functionality to make the corrections in either the Nightlife or Pets edition.

I'm just getting back into simming, and I'm curious if the SimSurgery is still Fubarred? Or is there another program that can do the Sims DNA thing correctly...seems like Rick Halle had one that worked early on, unfortunately it was pay content.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 11, 02:23:35 by SickPuppy » Logged

purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 11, 05:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just getting back into simming, and I'm curious if the SimSurgery is still Fubarred? Or is there another program that can do the Sims DNA thing correctly...seems like Rick Halle had one that worked early on, unfortunately it was pay content.

I've never run into problems. I don't touch the facial DNA, though--the most I'll do is fix eye/skin/hair DNA. The first time I ever used it was with Seasons SimPE.

Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 11, 19:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the offspring is male and the female skintone is dominant then male is a very skinny dude when his father is Slim Body Builder.

Isn't the body mesh linked to the skintone? That might be why the male spawn isn't a bodybuilder if he inherits his mothers skintone.

Your ears hear but you don't listen,
Your eyes look but you don't see,
You complain about things gone wrong,
And then put the blame upon me.
Killzone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 11, 20:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, being relatively new to the game Im not any authority on genetics but I think this is what the position is in this situation

"Sheena" is a female using custom skintone linked to a Warlokk 34De36 body mesh. The skintone also has male skins in it, this can be viewed in either SimPe or by previewing with the clean installer.

"John" is a male using a custom skintone linked to the Slim Body Builder mesh. The skintone also has a female skin in it as well, and because the skintone used had no male junk (so CrammysBoys mod could be used) the female skin has no coloration of the nipples for females.

The problems come when a skintone is dominant in a particular birth where the 'nonprimary' gender skin is used. So if "Sheena" has a boy and her skintone is used then we end up with a skinny dude when he grows up. Or if its a girl and "johns" skintone is dominant then we have no nipple colouring.

Im assuming to rectify this, I will need to

a)somehow link a SlimBodyBuilder mesh to her skintone, but only the male portion of that skin...I think?

b) Also I either need to recolour the female part of the skin in "Johns" skintone, or somehow replace the female skins inside his skintone with one that has coloured nipples.

Im not really sure what I should be doing under a), should I be trying to link that skintone to the SBB mesh, or linking the SBB mesh to that skintone, and only the male part of the skintone contained within it?

I want it so that any male offspring of females using that skintone end up being SBB's.

And if this could be done would the male skins in her skintone need to be changed, cos they presently fit skinny dudes?

My head hurts...

Maybe it would just be easier just to change the skins/meshes linked to the baby's character, in SimPe back to the primary ones, so if its a girl it has to be mums skin and mesh, and if its a boy then it has to have dads skin and mesh....
« Last Edit: 2008 October 11, 21:27:36 by Killzone » Logged

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 11, 23:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your problem here is that you have the complicating factor of inherited meshes.  Skin packages have textures for each age and gender, so it's simple enough to have certain details only show for the appropriate gender and age.  I have no idea whether it's even possible to have two gender-specific meshes genetically linked to a skin.  For that factual tidbit, you'd have to go back to the creators.  Once you have that sorted out, you'll be able to get more constructive info on how to make the changes you want to the skins.
Killzone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 11, 23:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im pretty sure it is possible to have 2 meshes linked to a skintone...in fact I have several, a number of female sims I downloaded with the CPU bodyshape have the Male HBB shape linked, well at least thats what it says on the skin when you mouse over it in CAS or body shop...have yet to test this out in the game with births yet.

In my present stage of unawesomeness, its probably easier for me to just change the skintone factor for a baby , (once its born) in SimPe back to the mother/father, dependent on if its a boy or girl.

If, in time, I become less unawesome, then I may attempt something a little more technically challenging

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 12, 19:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you asked about this at wherever you downloaded the Body Builder skins?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: