More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 07:32:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  BFBVFS - new AL patch borked some hack? (NOT related to portraits after all)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BFBVFS - new AL patch borked some hack? (NOT related to portraits after all)  (Read 3661 times)
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

Vintage Sims: because technology ruined us

View Profile
BFBVFS - new AL patch borked some hack? (NOT related to portraits after all)
« on: 2008 October 08, 19:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played AL for hours yesterday and didn't notice any portraiture regeneration; I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a feature until today... everything was fine, really.  So WHY I decided, like a naive fool, to today install the official patch, I will never understand.  But I installed it, with the corresponding, new no-cd patch. 

NOW my game is fubared.  Whenever I load a lot, the sims just keeps resetting, constantly regenerating their portraits, about twice per second, I would say. They just stand in place, constantly changing which direction they're facing like they're in some REM video, but otherwise can't move. Any queued actions get dropped.

Now I read on here about Dizzy's portrait hack and this is the first I've heard of this new portrait feature.  Anyway, I tried his hack, but it doesn't really work for the new no-cd patch... maybe it's the new patch that's the problem.  Ok, so let's just try NOT using a no-cd patch and going the ol'fashion daemon-yasu method.  Doesn't work; I can't load the game. 

Anyway, has this happened to anyone else?  Maybe I should uninstall the AL patch. Is that possible?
« Last Edit: 2008 October 08, 21:44:12 by unstuck » Logged
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: BFBVFS - perhaps related to portraiture regeneration in AL?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 08, 21:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dizzy updated his thumbnail fix to the new patch.
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 08, 21:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, now their portraits aren't regenerating constantly, but they are still stuck.  I HAVE narrowed it down to some hack, though, because I took out my hacks folder and it worked.  So the new patch borked some hack (it was all working fine yesterday before I installed the official patch.)

OK.. so I guess I'll post some error log then?
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: BFBVFS - new AL patch borked some hack? (NOT related to portraits after all)
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 08, 21:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or do a binary search of your hacks.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 08, 23:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dizzy updated his thumbnail fix to the new patch.

Unfortunately, he hasn't updated it for the new patched no-cd.

This means that you have to run his fix every time that you run the game.

"If you have the patch, you will need "thumb2" which you must run *after* you load Sims 2. This patches the game while it's running, so you'll need to do this any time you restart the game. (Not ideal, but the best I can do right now.)"

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: BFBVFS - new AL patch borked some hack? (NOT related to portraits after all)
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 09, 17:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WELL I narrowed it down to one of Argon's hacks...zomg_nekkid or the townie brick or the naked dresser thang.  NB the game worked fine BEFORE the new official AP patch... anyway, just a matter of waiting for updates, I guess.

Thanks all!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: