More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 10:13:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  In need of a no spawning social townies hack
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: In need of a no spawning social townies hack  (Read 7351 times)
Rosehrt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
In need of a no spawning social townies hack
« on: 2008 October 06, 15:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if a no spawning social townies hack is made available.  I know the notownieregen updated AL version is suppose to stop the spawning of the new social townies sims after visiting community lots.  I have tested the notownieregen hack and social townies are still be spawned after visting community lots. 

I made a new neighborhool created a whole bunch of sims in CAS and made them social townies with the npc & townie gun about 90 of them.  Put the notownieregen updated for AL in the download folder. Made a couple of apartment buildings and stuck a couple of family's in each building.  Now you would think the game wouldn't make any more social sims, but it does every time I visted a community lot.  After playing the game for a long time I started seeing new faces showing up, social townies I did not create.
I than put the  ijTeleporterApartments into the download folder, and then checked to make sure these where social townies.  And yes the new game generated sims show up in the social sims families on the teleporter.

So I would really really appreciate if a no spawing social townies hack could be created. Thanks.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: In need of a no spawning social townies hack
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 06, 18:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add antiredundancy to your hack collection. Problem solved.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 06, 18:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 2 evil witches in my current AL-test hood.  Is this normal?  Both notownieregen and antiredundancy are loaded and are the latest versions (I have been updating hacks on a biweekly basis or more often since AL came out).

Tribulatio proxima est
Rosehrt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 07, 00:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the antiredundancy hack in my download folder while testing.  Sorry I did not mention that the antiredundancy hack was in my download folder, and it was the updated version for AL.  So there is a need for a social sim hack. 

Other individuals at the main sims 2 board have claimed that the notownieregen in their download folder is not stopping the spawning of social townies whenever you visit a community lot. 

trlaavh
Asinine Airhead

Minion Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 07, 00:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid townies. I have never understood why EAxis thinks that our games need to be populated with barf-worthy hideous, uncontrollable, possibly mentally ill idiots. And now their in social groups! Yay! Roll Eyes

My name is Elley, and I have come to annoy with stupid questions. Beware the Minion with access to the Sims 2.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 07, 15:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that empty templates plus the antiredundancy and notownieregen hacks prevent any AL townies from spawning (at least until they are "required" to fill apartments).  Admittedly, my MATY hood seems to have difficulties spawning the witches now...

Tribulatio proxima est
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 07, 16:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game seems to generate Good, Neutral, and Evil witches.  Two of each.  I have to double check that, though.  You'll get the Grand Witch who flies into a lot and sometimes you'll get a different variety who does a walkby on community lots too.  At least, my first post-AL neighborhood did that.  I recently nuked my neighborhoods and started over and have yet to have the random walkby witch happen.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 07, 18:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the antiredundancy hack in my download folder while testing.  Sorry I did not mention that the antiredundancy hack was in my download folder, and it was the updated version for AL.  So there is a need for a social sim hack. 

Other individuals at the main sims 2 board have claimed that the notownieregen in their download folder is not stopping the spawning of social townies whenever you visit a community lot. 

Grab the newest version, then. It's been updated several times since AL came out, IIRC. Older versions do NOT stop social townies from respawning.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 07, 18:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that empty templates plus the antiredundancy and notownieregen hacks prevent any AL townies from spawning (at least until they are "required" to fill apartments).  Admittedly, my MATY hood seems to have difficulties spawning the witches now...
Both of my post-AL post-new antiredundancy & notownieregen 'hoods are thoroughly controlled. Onoway has only service NPCs and the townies I spawned. No witches yet, but it's possible I've just not had a spawn opportunity come up the one time I went to a community lot. Fingerling Isles has both good and bad witches, one of each. The bad witch is banned now. The good warlock is hot, so he's allowed.

No dumb useless social group townies in either 'hood. I do of course have empty templates (my corned beef hash version for AL).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 07, 18:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Admittedly, my MATY hood seems to have difficulties spawning the witches now...
...it's possible I've just not had a spawn opportunity come up the one time I went to a community lot.

This is what I'm using as my running hypothesis too.  I want to try a comm lot visit again this evening and see if I can trigger the witch spawning then.  Khan is so enraged by everyone (well, sim-me anyway) right now, that he'd make a fine evil witch/warlock.  One can hope.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 07, 18:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Fingerling Isles, evil witch spawned at owned community lot biz. She made it rain, she gave shifty looks to the customers. Good warlock spawned at the owned residential biz.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 07, 18:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Fingerling Isles, evil witch spawned at owned community lot biz. She made it rain, she gave shifty looks to the customers. Good warlock spawned at the owned residential biz.

I'm guessing this was all during daylight hours.  I know that in my test hood (no clean templates used), the witches all spawned during the day, never at night.  Any witch I had at a nightclub had already been spawned earlier.

sim-Jelenedra went rollerskating at 3:00am last night.  Vampires were in attendance, but no witches.  I shall send someone out during the day and see if that helps. 

I should note that I do not KNOW that witches do not spawn at night, but there is a correlation so far in my hoods (it may just be coincidence).

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 07, 23:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witches do not SPECIFICALLY spawn at businesses, but they DO spawn at community lots, regardless of whether they are businesses. However, witches may also spawn, non-specifically, as part of "random visitor", which can be controlled using Customer Selector.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 07, 23:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point. My only community lots in both 'hoods are owned. Well....the only ones I've visited are owned.

Jolrei, both my spawns were during the day, but it's a small sample.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 08, 04:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A witch spawned normally in my hood at 1800hrs at a community lot.  I expect the others will be along shortly.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: