More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 17:25:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim won't become permaplat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim won't become permaplat  (Read 3438 times)
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Sim won't become permaplat
« on: 2008 October 05, 14:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi.  I've never had a permaplat sim before because of play style, so I may be overlooking something obvious.  My elder's lifetime want is to have 6 grandchildren.  He's already had at least 12.  I haven't counted them all, but he has memories of meeting 12.  I have base game, nightlife, pets, ofb, and seasons and use hacks from here and Twojeffs.  Any advice?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Sim won't become permaplat
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 05, 14:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, that's a puzzler - does his family tree indeed show them all as actually his? And wait, wasn't there something about one of the EPs... was it FT?... that was robbing Plat status from the rightfully Plat? I thought that was fixed in a patch, but seeing as I can't quote the problem with confidence, I won't even pretend to be knowledgeable about the fix.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 05, 14:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Old issue: Sims sometimes fail to register wants that occur when they are not present on the lot. Use the Batbox.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 05, 15:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I supposed to click on "toggle ltw bit"? Because nothing seems to happen when I do that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 05, 15:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no visible feedback, it just toggles the bit. Once toggled, it will be on. Toggled again, it will be off. The effects of permaplat will then occur at the next hour when aspiration normally runs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 05, 15:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I was probably toggling it back off when I messed with it, thinking it wasn't working.  Thank you mighty bat who dwelleth within the box.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 08, 01:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with all but one of the LTWs that came with UNI (Woohoo 20 still works).  They won't fulfill in a game without it, so I usually either reroll, ignore it, or toggle the bit when it's finished.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: