More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 11:47:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims sometimes forget how to meditate or do yoga.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims sometimes forget how to meditate or do yoga.  (Read 5748 times)
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
My sims sometimes forget how to meditate or do yoga.
« on: 2008 October 06, 14:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the time my sims are adults (and usually by the time they're teenagers), they have Body 3, Logic 3.  Certain sims, though, never learn to meditate or do yoga--or they do learn it, then forget it later.  I'm assuming this due to a mod or a hack, but before I go pulling them out and putting them back, I wanted to know if anyone else has run into this and already knows what causes it.
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: My sims sometimes forget how to meditate or do yoga.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 06, 16:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certain personailities never learn to meditate, I think the trait is high playfulness. I'm not sure about the yoga though.
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 06, 22:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Meditation.. is available to all sims of age teen or above, with a logic skill of 3 and a playful stat of 7 or less (At playful 8+, meditation is replaced with juggle)" from gamershell.com - fourth paragraph above "Step 2" on the page.

According to several other sites out there, yoga requires Body skill 3, which you said your sims usually have.

I've never run into the issue myself, but I don't meditate or do yoga much with my sims anymore.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 07, 02:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  I was unaware of the Playfulness limit on meditation.  Checking my sims, it seems the ones that can't meditate do, indeed, break the limit.  I learn something new every day.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 07, 04:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get around the yoga limitation if another household member is able to do yoga. Have them start, then have the other non-qualifier join. They can earn their first three body points that way, making them eligible to do yoga by themselves. This is a good workaround if your livingrooms are too small to allow working out with the tv and you don't have a pool or exercise equipment.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 07, 04:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get around the yoga limitation if another household member is able to do yoga. Have them start, then have the other non-qualifier join. They can earn their first three body points that way, making them eligible to do yoga by themselves. This is a good workaround if your livingrooms are too small to allow working out with the tv and you don't have a pool or exercise equipment.

With jumping rope now--and the obsession that kids have with it--it's nearly impossible not to get kids up to Body 3+ before they become teenagers.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 07, 15:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to have a slow skill rate though. Which eats.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 07, 16:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but it's not like there's really much else a child sim is useful for.  Unless you have an Easel factory set up for conscription purposes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 07, 18:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With jumping rope now--and the obsession that kids have with it--it's nearly impossible not to get kids up to Body 3+ before they become teenagers.
Heh. My home-schooled kids in Onoway are all at least Body 5 due to always rolling wants to jump rope. And if they are going to fill a remotely skill-related want, they are getting a whole point, dagnabbit. My founder in Fingerling Isles, also, has earned a few Body points from autonomous rope-jumping...on the sales floor of her shop whilst the husbands watch the cash register and restock.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 08, 03:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My founder in Fingerling Isles, also, has earned a few Body points from autonomous rope-jumping...on the sales floor of her shop whilst the husbands watch the cash register and restock.
She has two husbands?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 08, 19:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free Love cult. She has two husbands who are also best friends. So far it looks like there won't be a second wife or a third husband, as the men cannot find another woman they both are very attracted to and the other man that Reese likes doesn't get along with Nathan. Because almost no one likes Nathan, and he likes it that way.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 08, 21:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What mod allows for the Free Love cult?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 08, 22:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Free Love" is my name for it. I started it before Seasons, and periodically one family will follow the model. Currently, I have a legacy-type 'hood with it. All sims in a collective marriage who could normally be attracted to each other due to their gender must have at least one bolt for each other. All sims who would not normally be attracted to each other due to gender must be at least good friends (70 daily relationship and 20 lifetime relationship). Marriage is mutual amongst all members, so every sim marries every other one. Sleeping arrangements are a huge room with several double beds, and sims just go where they pass out the first day.  It is neither patriarchal or matriarchal. All adults work or stay home as their aspirations and LTW drive them. The good thing is that even if all sims do work, usually they end up having time off between them to prevent the need for a nanny or someone staying home.

My most out-of-control family was the first one: started with a man, ended with four wives and one more husband. 18 (I believe) children, as the first cult leader was a little nutsoid and followed the Quiverfull way in that.

It's doable in SimPE but a pain in the tushy. That's what I did before this mod by Marhis and supported by Inge. See page 2 for updated file. I also use TwoJeff's ACR to set the lot to "no jealousy" (from Simbology). There are alternative mods around the community that will do the same thing, but TJ's also handles babymaking, which I prefer to be hands-off.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: