More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:29:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Instruct in Hobby broken at level 10 enthusiasm?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Instruct in Hobby broken at level 10 enthusiasm?  (Read 4986 times)
OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Instruct in Hobby broken at level 10 enthusiasm?
« on: 2008 October 05, 20:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason my sims can instruct in nature at level 9, but they hit level 10 and suddenly they no longer can...... drop to 9 and they can again o.O this also happens with a couple others but i don't remember which ones off hand (i think fitness?) One of the three this happens with i never get the instruct in... interaction at all at 9 or 10. this happens both with and without hacks. Usually by using insiminator's interest module I can fiddle with the hobby levels and eventually get it to work but im not really sure what causes it to start working vs why it doesn't work, probably some horribly mangled code as usual =/
OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Instruct in Hobby broken at level 10 enthusiasm?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 16, 21:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright it still is broken but ive been toying with it a bit and my sim will get level 10 max out on nature and the other sim will have done something related to nature getting to at least level 1 in it but it wont allow me to instruct in hobby for nature and a couple others (as i mentioned in my original posting) There are 2 other hobbies this happens to but I forget what they are off hand, found it out tinkering with the hobby levels but nature is the trouble one my sims tend to be maxing often thus it becomes more immediately apparent for me.

If i use an enthusiasm mod hack (ie: interest adjuster module in insiminator) and tell it to set the hobby to 10 or just 'max hobby...' thing and suddenly it will work. For the life of me i cant figure ou why when my sims gain the hobby naturally they cant instruct but when i mod them via a cheat they suddenly can. I canceled out the entire queue of both sims to ensure that wont mess up the context of the menu (i noticed the interact without greeting hack doesnt show the full menu if the active sim is currently doing something so figured somthing similar might be acting up but nope.)

This happens both with and without hacks (still).... any one else having this problem or have any ideas on how to deal with it? So far using the interest adjuster is working fine but obviously i'd prefer to not need to rely on it not to mention who knows what else related to this is broken behind the scenes =/

Update: Music and Dance doesnt work right either.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 17, 02:02:29 by OniRyo » Logged
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 17, 20:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I've never noticed this in my game.  But then, I very rarely use "inscruct in hobby".  Mostly, I have my playable ask the hobby insctuction for inscruction so they can max the annoying hobby (so I can lock something else).  I guess I havn't played around much with hobbies.

On a slightly related note, what does the "share hobby tips" mean?  I have never ever seen a sim actually be able to do this.  Is it supposed to show up in the pie menu?  My sims always get this "perk" showing up in their hobby pannel, but I have never been able to get a sim to do this and I don't even know what it would do if I could.   Undecided

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 18, 01:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Gastfyr:
On a slightly related note, what does the "share hobby tips" mean?

It allows your sim to jabber at someone else doing something related to whatever hobby, increasing the other sim's hobby enthusiasm gain rate.  I've seen them do it autonomously.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 18, 03:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes - hobby instruction is broken for level 10.

I've done a lot of work for v2 of my enthusiasmrate hack which should go up later today in peasantry.
This is just one of the fixes that I'll include there... but in case you don't want the rest for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 18, 04:04:17 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 18, 04:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have integrated the fix into the ftminifixes, so now it is included in that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 19, 01:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Gastfyr:
On a slightly related note, what does the "share hobby tips" mean?

It allows your sim to jabber at someone else doing something related to whatever hobby, increasing the other sim's hobby enthusiasm gain rate.  I've seen them do it autonomously.
Oh!  So they have to be doing something related to the hobby; oh, ok.  lol  No wonder I never saw this as an option; I don't expect sims to be able to actually talk to "busy" sims, and I very rarely let my sims do anything autonomously.  Thanks for clearing that up; now I want to go try it in the game.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 19, 02:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's the simlish version of some jerk standing behind you while you exercise at the gym, saying "Want to know what you're doing wrong?  I can tell you..."
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 19, 22:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's the simlish version of some jerk standing behind you while you exercise at the gym, saying "Want to know what you're doing wrong?  I can tell you..."
*roffles* That's pretty much it, on the nose. Cheesy
So far I've seen a nature sim sidle up to someone fishing to chat away about... I dunno, lures or something... and some science sims who'll wander over to whoever's using the telescope, presumably to suggest they might enjoy looking for stars. I haven't really noticed it with other hobbies yet, though.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: