More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 17:22:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Halp! Total wuss being continuously bombarded
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Halp! Total wuss being continuously bombarded  (Read 4485 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Halp! Total wuss being continuously bombarded
« on: 2008 October 04, 11:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so sick of this. I want to go and explore the galaxy, find some tools to terraform my planets and do a bit of trading. But literally every time I leave my home solar system, I get a message they are being attacked by alien UFOs. I go back in, kill all the ships, they say OK, it's now peaceful. I leave and get the same message again. This has been going on for four real time hours and I'm so bored. I'm now down to four cities. Any idea why I'm being continuously bombarded?

I'm only 3.5 squares along the bottom in game progress.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Halp! Total wuss being continuously bombarded
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 04, 11:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your colonies should be capable of defending themselves without your help, if you installed maxed turrets and the uberkillsatellite on them. Your homeworld, with maxed turrets on 10 cities, should be capable of handling itself from the beginning of the game: If it's just your homeworld being attacked, just ignore the message. If you are not even at WAR with anyone, the attackers will always be worthless pirates, who cannot actually harm a defended colony anyway. If you're at WAR with anyone, the attackers could be your enemy (the colony UNHELPFULLY REFUSES TO IDENTIFY THEM), but if they are pirates, you can just ignore them as pirates will never take the colony, and cannot even effectively attack a single city with maxed turrets on it, and if they are serious enemies, do not let them distract you from burning their nests, because if you abandon your offensive, it will never end.

Also, #grah moar! You will learn the most if you attend the live war college of #grah.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 04, 13:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your colonies should be capable of defending themselves without your help, if you installed maxed turrets and the uberkillsatellite on them. Your homeworld, with maxed turrets on 10 cities, should be capable of handling itself from the beginning of the game: If it's just your homeworld being attacked, just ignore the message.
What do you mean by maxed turrets? I have a turret in each slot, but I don't know if there's a way to upgrade them. I've never seen an uberkillsatellite.

If you are not even at WAR with anyone, the attackers will always be worthless pirates, who cannot actually harm a defended colony anyway. If you're at WAR with anyone, the attackers could be your enemy (the colony UNHELPFULLY REFUSES TO IDENTIFY THEM), but if they are pirates, you can just ignore them as pirates will never take the colony, and cannot even effectively attack a single city with maxed turrets on it, and if they are serious enemies, do not let them distract you from burning their nests, because if you abandon your offensive, it will never end.
Ah, I was going to ask if there was a way of finding out who the little sods were. I'm not altogether sure if I'm at war or not. I still have only a proton beam, I haven't seen any bigger weapons for sale, so I can't go killing anything yet.

Also, #grah moar! You will learn the most if you attend the live war college of #grah.
Play moar, #grah moar, life is full of tough decisions.  Tongue

The bloody galaxy is full of Buttolinos telling me to stay off their lawn and Chelonians who think they are too good for me.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 04, 14:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't unlock the uberturret until you get to Colonist 4 or Warmonger 3, which is kinda hard if you don't wander far from home. Smiley  Once you have it, though, you can pretty much ignore calls for invasions unless you happen to be near the planet anyway.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 04, 14:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Play moar, #grah moar, life is full of tough decisions.  Tongue
Being in #grah is not really a decision. You just don't log out. You don't have to actively pay attention to it, but it'll be there when you have a question, or just feel like looking to see if anyone said anything useful. Or incriminating.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: