More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:46:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tabula Rasa
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tabula Rasa  (Read 5161 times)
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
Tabula Rasa
« on: 2008 October 08, 02:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I accidentally clicked on this stupid, useless spell while trying to click on something else, and now my legacy heir has no memories. I know it doesn't affect gameplay, but it is a huge annoyance. Google says there's no way to reverse it, and all I found searching here was a discussion on the name. I was just wondering if anyone awesome knows of a way for me to get my sim's memories back aside from exiting without saving. They really should have put in a reversal spell or at least a warning before casting.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Tabula Rasa
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 08, 13:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope; exit without saving it is.  Or hope you have a very recent backup of the hood that you can restore.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 08, 13:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think perhaps they expected you to guess what it did - "Tabula rasa" is not exactly obscure and can be translated as "clean slate" or "blank tablet".  Rather amusing idea, actually, sims without memories.  Could be quite useful.

Tribulatio proxima est
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 08, 14:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't Pescado's firemod use memory tokens to know whether to turn a sim into a makeshift firefighter? If so, your amnesiac sim will once again panic with a fire.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 08, 17:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious; do these blank slates roll Wants for Very First WooHoo, etc., again?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 08, 17:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious; do these blank slates roll Wants for Very First WooHoo, etc., again?

Do you have an "experimental" sim?  You could find out.  I certainly plan to.  Grin

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 08, 20:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have an "experimental" sim?  You could find out.  I certainly plan to.  Grin

Hmm. Have you got a good test sim in mind...?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 08, 20:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Have you got a good test sim in mind...?

Have not made up my mind completely, although I have definite candidates for the "spiritus poultus", if it does what I think it does.

Tribulatio proxima est
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 09, 06:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before exiting the game, I messed around with the sim a little and found out that they do re-roll old wants. The sim in question was a teen witch, who had been at the coffee shop in Belladonna Cove for about 2 and a half sim days. During this time, she had developed a crush on 3 teen boys, and had had her first kiss with one, fulfilling the want. While I was trying to cast Cleanius Corpus for like the 5th time, I clicked too fast and hit Tabula Rasa. I don't remember exactly when, but at some point after I knew I was going to exit without saving, she re-rolled the "Have Very First Kiss" want. By the way, Purgomagus does not have any effect on Tabula Rasa. Apparently, once it's cast, that's it. Blank slate.

ETA: Spiritus Poultrous just makes the sim walk around and squawk like a chicken. I find it's only useful for making another sim hate the caster. The mother of the teen witch has maxed her negative reputation by using this spell and the one with the bees repeatedly on random passerbys.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: