More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 21:42:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is it normal to have 996 char files in an unplayed hood?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it normal to have 996 char files in an unplayed hood?  (Read 4465 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Is it normal to have 996 char files in an unplayed hood?
« on: 2008 October 03, 22:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a fresh Belladonna, after I got a bunch of third party fixes (checked with HCDU of course,) and I decided to add ceilings to all the subhoods in all EP's, so it wouldn't be weird to have ceilings some places, and not others. This process took ten hours, spread between two days. Then I decided to back up the hood, as I never want to go through that again. During the backup I started seeing large numbered character files, so I decided to check the characters folder, and to my astonishment, I have 996 char files in my Belladonna neighborhood. Remember I didn't open one residential/dorm lot, as those can be fixed when/if I play them. I know it's not a huge amount, but if it is growing I want to know about it. Everyone here says there is no spawning problem but I am worried if this is a normal amount of starting files.

All EP's
No SP's
Intel Core 2 Duo
XP sp2
0.98 GB RAM, 2.16 GHz
« Last Edit: 2008 October 03, 23:09:57 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Is it normal to have 996 char files in an unplayed hood?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 04, 00:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, Yes.  I did not have the cleaned up templates installed and added three universities, Bluewater Village, the three vacation destinations, and Downtown, and have all the EPs and SPs installed, and ended up with 994 characters prior to playing with anyone in Belladonna Cove.  I am curious about where your extra two characters are, and who they are.  But that number is well within the realm of normal.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 04, 01:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, wait I just checked, and it is 994 thank goodness!

But I have heard of hacks to prevent townie respawn, and want to know what they are.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 04, 01:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Antiredundancy combined with Notownieregen work to prevent any UNNECESSARY townies from spawning.  I don't know if they make sure that already-made townies are summoned to populate your apartments, though.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 04, 01:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find notownieregen and antiredundancy for AL here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 04, 16:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Antiredundancy combined with Notownieregen work to prevent any UNNECESSARY townies from spawning.  I don't know if they make sure that already-made townies are summoned to populate your apartments, though.
They won't. The game will always access those character folders in C:/ProgramFiles/EA Games/etc, etc. Clean templates prevent the spawn by eliminating those character files.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 04, 22:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do I need antiredundancy?

I have heard that NPC's are not a problem, and plus, what happens if you marry off all of a specific NPC? Corruption, thats what.

Also I heard in the Apartmentlife Borkiness thread that notownieregen does make already generated townies move in to apartments.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 04, 22:53:49 by parrot » Logged

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 05, 00:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Antiredundancy does not prevent the spawning of necessary NPCs.  If you marry the only maid, the game will spawn a new one as required.  It prevents the spawning of EXTRA NPCs.  As in:  You have a maid.  Therefore, the game will USE that maid, not make a NEW one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: