More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:07:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Nasty glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nasty glitch  (Read 26235 times)
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Nasty glitch
« Reply #50 on: 2008 October 07, 17:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the ownable cars, it's the carpools that annoy me.  Mostly because of the incessant honking every five seconds.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 October 07, 18:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the vehicles for Sims2 aren't nearly as much fun as the ones for Sims 1.  I used to keep Sims stuck in the "Clown" job on the circus career just for the fun of seeing them get into that little clown car.  :lol
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 October 07, 18:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the ownable cars, it's the carpools that annoy me.  Mostly because of the incessant honking every five seconds.
In my more "realistic" 'hoods, often the sims have buildings in the 'hood that symbolize where they go to work. And often they aren't very far from it. No one without some sort of ambulatory issue takes a carpool to work when work is only two blocks away.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 October 07, 22:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are sims allowed to walk to work when their preggers in AL?
That's the main reason why I bother to give cars to a few of my families.  The carpool will not come for expectant sims, but if they own a car they still have the option to drive.  Other than that, I only have one other family who runs an off-site diner, and it's a little easier to round up 3 sims if they go by car than if I send them on foot.

My test lot had a couple of carpools stacked with two owned cars -- all 4 sims leaving for work at the same time. 

That wouldn't happen if you didn't buy cars for each member.  Or it shouldn't, unless something has changed since the last time I checked it.

If you read a few posts above the one you quoted, I'm not the OP.  I was testing a hack for the FOJ.  I was trying to bork the portal in a repeatable way, and in fact failed to do so.  Having 3 assigned cars depart/return simultaneously, along with one regular carpool, does not jam the portals very often.  (Unbelievable I know, Maxis may have done something right! Shocked )  I managed to glitch it one time in 12x2 departures/arrivals, before I got bored. Tongue
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 October 07, 22:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't think the option appears for pregnant sims to walk to work.

BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 October 09, 18:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beggin' your pardon, Miss Emma Wink, they will walk to work in the early stages, or my game is kerplunked.

I had a guy get his first bump just as he was walking out to get in the carpool. The icon for the carpool dropped from
his queue. He needed the money for work that day, so I clicked on him to see if he could walk to work and
was overjoyed ( ok, maybe not overjoyed, maybe just pleasantly surprised) Smiley that he could.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 October 10, 00:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to EMMA!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2008 October 10, 04:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beggin' your pardon, Miss Emma Wink, they will walk to work in the early stages, or my game is kerplunked.

I had a guy get his first bump just as he was walking out to get in the carpool. The icon for the carpool dropped from
his queue. He needed the money for work that day, so I clicked on him to see if he could walk to work and
was overjoyed ( ok, maybe not overjoyed, maybe just pleasantly surprised) Smiley that he could.

I've never seen that option. Huh My pregnant sims can still drive to work though.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 October 10, 04:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen that option. Huh My pregnant sims can still drive to work though.

Really?  Mine insist on never leaving the house.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2008 October 10, 04:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

It is now my mission to get one of my pregnant sims to walk to work! I bet it is a hack I have that is preventing it.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 October 13, 11:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download this and see if it enables force-error to do something on Mac.

It worked! Yay! I'm able to force errors on Mac!

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 October 17, 21:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked! Yay! I'm able to force errors on Mac!

Taken out of context... this is ROFL-worthy. I want to see this on a Mac/PC commercial now.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 October 18, 01:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the benefit of sending preg sims to work. If they stay home they use a vacation day and get paid for staying home.  If I send them to work they use a vacation day anyway.  I was hoping that they could save up those vacation days, but they can't.  They can save the vacation days after the baby is born though.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 October 18, 21:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The benefit is less time watching their ass and playing the feed-pee-sleep game. Also, possible promotions.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: