More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:42:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Need the no shoplifting hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need the no shoplifting hack  (Read 5294 times)
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
Need the no shoplifting hack
« on: 2008 October 03, 05:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played Sims 2 for a very long time, and don't have all my files anymore. I used to have a hack to stop Sims from shoplifting in OFB and I'm pretty sure it was JMP hack. I tried to google it and also looked thru the 'moreawesomethanyou-pets' download, but couldn't find it. It was called something like: Dontstealmystore...

any help finding it would be appreciated Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Need the no shoplifting hack
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 03, 05:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't actually any "Shoplifting" in OFB, although certain conditions may combine to cause a sim to suddenly and spontaneously depart the lot, such as zapping them with an Ingelogical shrub or magical banishment: However, the sim actually still remembers the purchases and will pay for them the next time he leaves the lot properly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SickPuppy
Asinine Airhead

On the Lamb and Holed Up

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 03, 05:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, sir Grin...I guess I should let him out of the little cell then...lol

trlaavh
Asinine Airhead

Minion Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 04, 14:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shoplifting would be more realistic, though.  Grin

My name is Elley, and I have come to annoy with stupid questions. Beware the Minion with access to the Sims 2.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 05, 08:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At one point this feature may be been planned, but seems to have been cut. There were vestigial references to a "Security" badge. I can see why this was cut: Either you'd get an entire neighborhood where EVERYONE is a thief, which seems quite ridiculous, or you'd have designated shoplifter NPCs, and Obvious Cat would be Obvious.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 05, 16:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At one point this feature may be been planned, but seems to have been cut. There were vestigial references to a "Security" badge. I can see why this was cut: Either you'd get an entire neighborhood where EVERYONE is a thief, which seems quite ridiculous, or you'd have designated shoplifter NPCs, and Obvious Cat would be Obvious.

They could have had it depend upon a sim's aspiration level... unhappy sims more likely to shoplift.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 05, 17:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are simply way too many variables, and I guarantee any such implementation would be unsatisfactory. This is pretty much why that feature appears to have been dumped hella-early, with the only reference that such a thing may ever have existed being a single reference to a "Security" badge.

toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 08, 03:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great anyway.  After all, the same person is spied upon every time people look at their neighbours with a telescope.  Why not the same shoplifting NPC, with random reassignment when they get caught? 
Everybody would shoplift eventually.
trlaavh
Asinine Airhead

Minion Power

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 09, 00:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They could have had it depend upon a sim's aspiration level... unhappy sims more likely to shoplift.

Or very happy, ridiculously giddy sims that don't think they'll get caught.

Oh, wait, sims don't think at all.  Grin

My name is Elley, and I have come to annoy with stupid questions. Beware the Minion with access to the Sims 2.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: