More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:29:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  AL Patch issued at EA website
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL Patch issued at EA website  (Read 28242 times)
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
AL Patch issued at EA website
« on: 2008 October 01, 23:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for your information.

happy now :-)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: AL Patch issued at EA website
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 01, 23:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue More details are good.

Patch link

Complete list of changes:

o Bathtubs from The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff can now be tinkered with.
          o All badges now take the same amount of time to acquire as they did in The Sims 2 Open for Business.
          o Lots now reset when an entire family moves in with another family
          o Switching between a pet and a Sim during a magical fire no longer improperly disables the Rewards panel.
          o All versions of Jewelry Rack from The Sims 2 Bon Voyage will now be available
          o Sims can now ask neighbors they have good relationships with to watch their children when leaving the lot
          o Cauldron now has ‘resume' option for interrupted spells
          o Witch's hats no longer become the default hairstyle when a Sim witch ages.
          o Sims may now invite their apartment neighbors to house and sports parties
          o Teens in neighboring apartments will no longer briefly appear both in the car and in their room when asked to sneak out.
          o Gameplay will no longer get stuck when a witch goes to the magic world while on a blind date
          o Maids and Butlers will now make the Murphy Bed and Heart Bed if they are messy.
          o Roommates can now gain hobby enthusiasm
          o Toy Dog will no longer get stuck in ‘Play With' animation
          o Occupied apartment lots can now be moved in neighborhood view
          o The nanny will no longer stop working if a toddler falls asleep in a pet bed
          o Lots saved while the NPC witch is present will still have the witch when loaded again.
          o Sims can no longer be let into neighboring apartments while Freeze Time is in effect.
          o In Thai, spellbook now properly shows alignment.
          o Sims who use Vivificus Zombiae no longer end up with wants and fears as if they had a relationship with themselves.
          o Cars placed on unoccupied apartment lots now remain when a Sim moves in
          o Apartment neighbors of pre-made families are now hidden properly.
          o Downtown Community lots Similar Sights Sculpture Park and Lulu Lounge no longer are overlapped by buildings
          o Maxing out physiology knowledge no longer makes gaining all other skills much easier.
          o Typos in item descriptions fixed
          o In Traditional Chinese, while selecting "Spell: Save from Death," Sim's name is now properly displayed.
          o Apartment Mailboxes now behave properly when Sim attempts to retrieve a Love Letter
          o Hand of Darkness Floor Lamp now takes less time to create.
          o Correct thought bubbles now appear while Sim is reading a genre book without The Sims 2 FreeTime installed.
          o Sims on hotel vacations with their roommate are no longer stranded after their vacation time expires.
          o Toddlers and babies are no longer chosen as part of a group when going downtown.
          o Wall decoration height adjustment hot keys now match game tips in all languages
          o In Polish, build mode music track list is fixed
          o Correct Sim names will now be displayed for all Networking Messages
          o Conjured servants no longer count against the Sim per household limit
          o College Rock now an available radio station without Sims 2 University and Sims 2 Pets installed.
          o The lifetime aspiration pop-up window now appears correct in all languages.
          o The heads of witches will now look correct after they drop out of college.
          o Sims with Body Skills from 1 to 4 are now susceptible to death by Murphy Bed
          o Sims will now continue to play the piano until told to stop
          o Adult Sims can no longer ask young adults to be roommates.
          o There is no longer an error when a Sim returns to their parent's apartment after college.
          o Computer in Apartment now behaves properly when Sim is awarded many scholarships
          o The landlord will now continue gardening, even if a butler is present
          o A nine Sim family can no longer be attained by having twins when there are already seven members
          o Sims may now Marry/move-in with their landlords
          o Moved in families' apartments will no longer be hidden from view when the occupying family exits them
          o Error will no longer occur when player locks in and strands a neighbor in their apartment
          o Sims will now properly answer their cell phones and the phones won't disappear from the inventory
          o A former landlord that has moved in with a Sim can no longer collect rent
          o Freeze Time spell no longer causes errors with Contained Pets
          o Chastity Gere will no longer cause an error if married
          o Dream Date Flowers/Card can now be placed anywhere on shelves
          o Butler will no longer leave the lot with a baby

Anyone taking the plunge who already has the SecuROM?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 01, 23:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love this one:

"Sims who use Vivificus Zombiae no longer end up with wants and fears as if they had a relationship with themselves."

Also, no condo fix Sad
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 00:15:06 by tizerist » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 02, 00:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No fix for beach apartments, either, even though it should be a no-brainer.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 02, 00:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF?  No fix for the dissappearing cooking skill?  No fix for playable neighbours being drained of Hobby Enthusiasim and school grades?  No fix for freaking date/outing rewards that are unmoveable and block everything on the lot?

No fix so freaking Buttler actually works as a Nanny as he claims??

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 02, 01:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, they couldn't even manage to copy all of Pescado's fixes this time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 02, 01:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why fix what has already been fixed?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 02, 03:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn, I only just finished downloading updated hacks after installing AL.

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 02, 03:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same with me!

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 02, 03:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So just ignore this patch? It can stay on my desk top.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 02, 03:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch contains suck-u-rom.  At least wait until a new no-cd crack comes out.

Tribulatio proxima est
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 02, 03:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me see... hmmm... they didn't fix anything I thought was an urgent must-fix, and they did fix stuff I didn't mind. Couple in suckUrom & I'm seeing lose-lose here.

Waiting for a better patch & a crack to match.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 02, 07:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sod it, I'll install. I need to see what needs taking out first though (not much by the 'fix' list) Backing up my stuff first though.

Downloading it now.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 02, 07:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Complete list of changes:
          o All badges now take the same amount of time to acquire as they did in The Sims 2 Open for Business.

I bet they're referring to the cash register badge.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 02, 09:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really know what the school bus issue is meant to be.  On my apartment lots the school bus comes reliably and all the kids including not-in-play ones get on it.  I would say this was a hack-related problem.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
cat
Asinine Airhead

INTJ - "Mastermind"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 02, 09:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might as well try the patch seeing as I already have suck-Rom. Altough, why are we all complaining about what the patch doesn't have, seeing as it's EA we're talking about. Since when did they actually manage to do anything properly?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 02, 09:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And was the problem in a lot you created yourself?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Angie Baby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 02, 10:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope do not want. I'm sticking with the unofficial patch at least you can trust Pescado's stuff to do what it says on the box.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 02, 10:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If some genius wants to install the EAxis patch now, send me the objects.package and I can look it over for compatibility.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 02, 10:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not wanted by me either. No AL patch is worth installing if it doesn't address the issue of apt.-related immovables causing problems.

(I also hate that normal houses now attract the paper kid right to the front door. It would be OK if walk-byes didn't also trek right up to the welcome mat to read/snaffle someone else's paper.)

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 02, 11:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want - Murphy bed deaths and apt. lots moveable from neighborhood even with sims in them.

Don't Want - incompatibility with JMs ALfixes and only half the stuff in it addressed (reported fixed - I'll believe it when I see it), especially date rewards issues.

pfui.

I'd send an objects package but hafta go to work instead. Double-pfui.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 02, 11:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I also hate that normal houses now attract the paper kid right to the front door. It would be OK if walk-byes didn't also trek right up to the welcome mat to read/snaffle someone else's paper.)
I just bury the newspaper. It eliminates all the newspaper-related annoyances, including that damn kid. Newspapers are barbaric, anyway.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 02, 12:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game should not be encouraging people to cut down all those trees, now that we all have televisions and internet access and can see the news by other means.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 02, 13:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game should not be encouraging people to cut down all those trees, now that we all have televisions and internet access and can see the news by other means.

Yeah, like TVs and computers are utterly eco-friendly as opposed to old-fashioned paper, which is theoretically 100% sustainable, is 100% recyclable, is a handy carbon sink, is a useful resource for lighting fires, is useful in the lavatory, and is especially invaluable for lining the bottom of a litter-tray when house-training kittens.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 02, 14:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And was the problem in a lot you created yourself?

Not for me Inge. The only one I've played with so far, is the Maxis trailer park.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: