More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:41:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Fail: October
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Fail: October  (Read 153310 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
EAxis House of Fail: October
« on: 2008 October 01, 09:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's the Curious brothers' home this month. I won't be evil, it's not a requirement to keep those awful platforms, though, if you can, by all means, do!

Rules, copy-pasta'd from last month:

1. No CC.  Please indicate needed expansions and stuff packs so people who wish to download your lot know what to expect.  Pictures are required, either available for download, on a slideshow, or posted in this thread.

2. By entering this challenge, you agree to take constructive criticism.  If you wish to judge someone else's entry, you should be respectful but honest.

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.

4. You may move internal walls and add external walls but you may NOT move original external walls.

5. Lots may be furnished, unfurnished, or partially furnished.  You can even upload both furnished and unfurnished versions.

*PLEASE NOTE* Since this is an Eaxis-designed lot, it may or may not have level edges.  Place at your own risk.

New for this lot:

6. At least one telescope must remain on the roof.

7. (Optional) Keep the platforms.

Download a flat version of the lot, provided by Emma: Here.

You could also grab the original lot by removing your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder, starting up the game, and kicking the brothers out.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 09:09:06 by Faizah » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Fail: October
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 01, 10:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You bitch!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 01, 10:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeesh!

How did I know it was going to be this one Cheesy This lot isn't flat though, can anyone supply a flat one? Or; how do you make an existing lot flat? I'll do it if I know how.

Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 01, 10:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like I will actually participate in this month's house of fail... woot.  For some odd reason, I am constantly remodeling this house, then putting the original lot back in and remodeling once more.  I usually keep the same general shape, but took down external walls to enlarge.  I'm off to see if I can keep to the rules and still create a great house.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 01, 10:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious Brothers house really isn't a good House of Fail because A: It is designed for a very specific themed aesthetic, and B: It is really a simple box if you remove the "spacey" aesthetic.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Angie Baby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 01, 17:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like I'm cheating a bit with this one. It's the house my Curious brothers live in at the moment. All I've done is removed all my lovely CC and replaced it with Maxis crap. I've done nothing to the 'garden' as I phail at outside decoration and just tend to plonk things down as I need them.

This is the front of the house. The lot is a flat as it gets.

Downstairs. It's not Awesomespec because the stairs are open there is, however, a table by the door for the onedesk. As you can see the downstairs has been gutted. There is a small nursery in the old chess room.

Upstairs with four large bedrooms. The nursery has a fridge, sink and counter for smartmilk. Both rooftops are usable.

A couple of pictures of the gutted downstairs, I've tried to keep the same 'feel' to the house, just nicer.

Since I started following these challenges it's changed the way I make over Maxis houses. As I side challenge to myself I now try to follow the challenge rules. I keep the exterior walls and as an added rule if the house is occupied it has to keep to a similar style to the original. It's certainly added interest to my game so thank you for an excellent challenge!

Download. This is the original lot not the flat one.
http://www.4shared.com/file/65236984/2acb55cc/2_Cover_Up_Road_Angie_Baby.html
I have all expansion packs up to and including AL and I have FF and GL.

*Edit.
Whoops. Price is 107,093 unwanded.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 06:30:43 by Angie Baby » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 01, 18:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did I know it was going to be this one Cheesy This lot isn't flat though, can anyone supply a flat one? Or; how do you make an existing lot flat? I'll do it if I know how.

You should be able to flatten the edges using the LotAdjuster:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=282409

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
joe_mulcahy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 01, 19:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeesh!

Yes, Emma, you can haz a flat Curious lot, but you'll have to download Pescado from the Made Up Animals section of MATY if you want to torture him.  And if you want to torture/love Goopy, well, you're on your own, but I suspect that you're an expert at acquiring Goopy Gilscarbo already eh, Emma?

By the way, this house has no occupants.  The Curiouses still live in their borked house elsewhere in the neighbourhood.

I needed a flat Curious lot for Strangetown Conspiracy, and ended up doing it with the constrainfloorelevation cheat.  Here you are!

http://www.avatar-arkmage.com/joe_mulcahy/flat_curious_lot.zip

Oh yes, even though the house is base game with no custom content, I packaged it with all the expansion packs up to Free Time installed.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 01, 21:02:05 by joe_mulcahy » Logged
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 01, 19:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see Atwat has had her revenge...

I'm really looking foward to seeing what people do with those platforms, if they are keeping them that is.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 01, 20:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done my edit Grin

Floor Plan

Download:

New Download link: http://www.2shared.com/file/4025123/3844e169/2_Cover_Up_Road.html
(Forgot to add desk)

Note:It still has the brothers, if you want to move in your own sims I reccomend you get the "Move out - Keep Furnished" hack from Simlogical.

EDIT:There's also a little present of pizza behind the kitchen area. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 06:41:47 by Erry » Logged

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 01, 23:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here is my first interpretation.  I just wanted to do something simple, keeping it modern but not "space age".  It's not my best, but not too bad seeing as how I had very little time to slap it together.  Due to the lot not being 100% flat, I will not include a link to download (I doubt any one would anyway).

The first picture is the house (original external walls in red, to help me not accidentally knock one down) without any furnishings... just so you have a better view of the actual floorplan.

The ground floor was pretty easy to work with, and I *tried* to keep to awesome spec but it wasn't working with what I wanted.  However, replace some of the doorframes with doors, and you easily have visitor control.  I did not bother myself to put in a study with The One Desk, but by squishing the master bath in by 1 tile, you would create an opening between the external Mbath wall and the external foyer wall that would be good enough for a study.

Due to lack of backyard, I decided to fence in some front yard with greenhouse walls, to make it feel more like part of the home.  The upstairs floor has 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and a deck area that overlooks the bubbler in the greenhouse below.  I added a small telescope there, so that my sims might stargaze without the threat of anal probing.  There is also a massive open area that just has some seating... I wanted to leave it open for ideas... extra bedroom, skillinating, torture chambers, etc.

The rooftop provides more extra space, perhaps for a hot tub and bar, or whatever you like.  I put a small platform on the rooftop for the big telescope for whatever sim is brave enough to use it.  I deleted all the crazy platforms and stairs that were originally with the house.  I think I will be recreating this home in another way today.  Can we enter more than one remodel?

I will be adding a picture of the home from the front so you can see what the whole mess looks like.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 00:04:25 by Bliss » Logged

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 02, 04:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry & Bliss both your houses look awesome. I'd like to use in my game. Problem? Erry, download link fails; Bliss, no dowmload link provided. Sad

Angie Baby, nice remake. I've remade this one many times, usually leaving the stupid platforms intact and trying to make them usable. I've never kept any of them for long enough to see if they really work in game though.

Quote from: Alex on Today at 03:52:46
I see Atwat has had her revenge...
I'm really looking foward to seeing what people do with those platforms, if they are keeping them that is.

I've been thinking about doing this one and actually uploading it (if I can figure out how to upload). I've done all the others but didn't dare risk the scorn of the "awesome one" by submitting them. I've decided though that if Emma can survive it I can too. LOL

I do promise that though they may not meet "awesome specs," I do put bathrooms in all of my houses! (Sorry Emma, I couldn't resist.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 05:52:44 by chobeegal » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 02, 05:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chobeegal, please hit the "modify" button above your post instead of double or triple posting.

I'm up for this one. I just couldn't see anything with last month's challenge.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 02, 06:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry & Bliss both your houses look awesome. I'd like to use in my game. Problem? Erry, download link fails; Bliss, no dowmload link provided. Sad

Mmmm.... yes.  That may be due to me intentionally not including a link.  Sharing lots that are not flat is a VBT.  I just wanted to share the pictures and get some feedback or any ideas that people might have in regards to my home.  I'm into giving/receiving opinions.

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 02, 06:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmmm.... yes.  That may be due to me intentionally not including a link.  Sharing lots that are not flat is a VBT.  I just wanted to share the pictures and get some feedback or any ideas that people might have in regards to my home.  I'm into giving/receiving opinions.

I've never had a non-flat lot to bork my game and I've used and moved dozens of them. I did have one with a basement fuck up the neighbohood terrain once. It left a square, water filled hole behind when I moved it and I couldn't put anything else there or across the street either! It wasn't even a beach lot either. Huh

Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 02, 06:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry & Bliss both your houses look awesome. I'd like to use in my game. Problem? Erry, download link fails
D:

New download link added

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Angie Baby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 02, 06:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erry, I like the mix and match effect with the windows very nice.

Bliss, I really like the indoor garden idea for this house, I'm going to steal that one. I second the request for the house. You have warned us about the lot.

Chobeegal, the many times I've remade this house the platforms are the first to go. I hate them and the cash from the sale comes in handy for the remake.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 02, 07:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone planning to upload a flattened lot? If so, I might wait for that.

I have had a bright idea for this house. Whether it will work, I don't know, I've never tried renovating this house.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 02, 08:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poofs, I'm going to try with the Lot Adjuster that Mootilda had linked to. Just gonna download it now. I'm pretty worried about using it...

*Emma bites fingernails

joe_mulcahy, CFE doesn't give the lot level edges which is what we need. But thanks for trying though Wink

Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 02, 08:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeesh!

Okay, now here's my chance.
ACHTUNG!
How to make a lot flat in a few easy steps:
  • Use the Lot Expander to make the lot bigger.
  • Enter the lot, flatten it, and save the lot.
  • Use the Lot Expander again to make the lot smaller again.
  • Huh?
  • Profit!
Of course, there are a few issues with the lot expander (Vista, Apartment Life etc). Go bug someone (maybe Jfade) who actually
knows about programing.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 02, 08:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liveangel, I just said that Cheesy

Hopefully I will have the flattened lot up within the hour.

Bugger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 02, 08:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone planning to upload a flattened lot? If so, I might wait for that.

I have had a bright idea for this house. Whether it will work, I don't know, I've never tried renovating this house.

I was thinking about recreating the original house layout, (same lot size, etc.) and uploading it. 

Also - would it count if I renovated a replica house if everything was the same as the original just a flat lot?  Anyone?

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 02, 08:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think that'd be acceptable.. I mean, we aren't looking at using the game-coded brothers or anything like that, just the "house" shape, etc.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 02, 09:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, if Bliss went to that extent, that would be great. It wouldn't need to have original furnishings, just the walls and platforms. Be a pig getting those right.

So are you all saying there are problems with the lot expander and AL?

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 02, 09:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone can upload a completely flattened lot (either via lot expander or a recreation of the house on a flat lot) I'd be happy to edit the first post to link to it, with proper credit of course. I'd do it, it doesn't sound too difficult, but I have AL, and I'm wary of AL being listed as something that it might not work with.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: