More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:02:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Fix for the Lunatech "Lighten Up" Lighting Fixture now really "Build in Ceiling"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fix for the Lunatech "Lighten Up" Lighting Fixture now really "Build in Ceiling"  (Read 18365 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Fix for the Lunatech "Lighten Up" Lighting Fixture now really "Build in Ceiling"
« on: 2008 October 01, 09:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Lunatech "Lighten Up" Lighting Fixture has bugged me for ages, because she was floating in midair. Because we have Ceilings in AL it bugged me even more and i have made a fix for it.

As you could see in the picture it looks better now. You have to rebuy existing lamps to get the fix to work because i have modyfied the Cres to raise the lamp.

* lightingceilingcanister_fix.package (0.55 KB - downloaded 1228 times.)
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
Re: Fix for the Lunatech "Lighten Up" Lighting Fixture now really "Build in Ceiling"
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 01, 09:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered if I was the only one to notice that.  It will be a nice fix, since I can be pretty anal about how I build my houses and what sort of lighting fixtures go in.  Kiss

Havelock fix FTW!
« Last Edit: 2008 October 02, 07:02:01 by Bliss » Logged

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Fix for the Lunatech "Lighten Up" Lighting Fixture now really "Build in Ceiling"
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 01, 09:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Fix for the Lunatech "Lighten Up" Lighting Fixture now really "Build in Ceil
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 02, 01:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would download, but I fear the top of the light might go through the floor.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 02, 03:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfect Havelock! Thanks!
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Fix for the Lunatech "Lighten Up" Lighting Fixture now really "Build in Ceil
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 02, 03:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would download, but I fear the top of the light might go through the floor.

OK here is a screenshot to let you see nothing goes through the floor.

sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 02, 04:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the fix require AL?
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 02, 14:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you event want this fix if you dont have AL?
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 02, 15:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All ceiling lamps vex me as they all too low hung. Can you make them higher?
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 03, 09:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you event want this fix if you dont have AL?

Because I can see the lamps in the way anyhow? I know there are ceilings in AL, which probably makes it worse, but it's still annoying.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 03, 16:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just changes the height of the lamp so its "build in", does not make it invisible.

And this lamp is not a big offender on the "getting in the way".
HugeLunatic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 10, 21:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This lamp was seriously in the way.  I just exported the mesh to fix it for myself, but you say you only had to modify the cres?  I shall have to learn this.  Does this mean it could be done with wall lamps as well?

Your a genius.
chaisipper
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 10, 21:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been wanting a fix for this light for the longest.  Very cool...
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 10, 22:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never looked at them from below before and had always thought they were supposed to have all this sticking out.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 13, 15:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had always assumed it was meant to be this low until I saw this thread and then compared it in game to other lamps. It really does hang low doesn't it?! I'll be adding this to the list of must have-mods at my Sims guild.
raynuss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 14, 10:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sooo glad you fixed this light.  I never used it because I didn't like the way it hung so low.  I assumed it was supposed to be a recessed light and now it is!  Thanks for the fix.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 17, 22:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way you can make it so it doesn't need rebuying? I use an EA hood, and while I am annoyed by the lamp, I don't want to have to rebuy every single one EA added to the game (did that with ceilings.)

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 21, 18:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a CRES fix would only elevate the lamp if you rebuy the lamp. If the GMDC were hacked to raise the lamp instead, then the overridden mesh would replace all existing meshes, auto-lifting all lamps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 21, 19:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I feel very clever today.  I have just made my beds go up and down using menu options for ALless players.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: