More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 13:53:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Have you seen this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Have you seen this?  (Read 4955 times)
Catju
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Have you seen this?
« on: 2008 September 29, 11:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found this site:

http://www.thesims2vault.com/index1.htm

I didn't find a discussion about it here, so I don't know if you've seen it.
If I understood correctly, there's two sites called "the sims vault" and this is not the paysite one..

Apparently this person has downloaded a bunch of mods from MTS2 in 2004 or so, and has uploaded them to this site (and seems to claim that they are still hosted in MTS2). There's mods from Pescado and TwoJeffs, there's InTeen, InSim used to be there.. With InTeen there's a link to the InSim forum for details, rest of the mods have (obviously not working) links to MTS2. SimPe's download-link is the only one that leads to the site where it's actually hosted. There seems to be rtfm's with the downloads, but other than that the makers of these mods are not mentioned anywhere on this site.

I don't have much knowledge about uploading rules, so I thought I'd ask you Awesome Ones what you think about this. To me it feels at least morally wrong. Not to mention it doesn't make much sense that someone pays (since it's a free site) to host mods that are already hosted somewhere else.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Have you seen this?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 29, 12:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Emma shrugs shoulders

Doesn't bother me. Even if she was 'hosting' anything or everything of mine without crediting me, I still wouldn't care. Anyone who actually downloads anything from there deserves to be P&L'd at.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 29, 12:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long as this dude's not claiming he created these files, the real problem I see is him disseminating outdated mods/hacks that probably either won't work or will fuxx0r people's games when he's clearly not a qualified source of game-related info.

Even with proper credit given, though, it does still bug me to see someone distributing someone else's work without even asking. Of course, I'm not talking about proper booty, 'cause screw those greedy bastards. Really, I think the lameness of it offends me more than anything else.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 29, 12:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, everyone knows who does make those mods anyway so I can't see the big deal really.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 29, 14:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long as this dude's not claiming he created these files, the real problem I see is him disseminating outdated mods/hacks that probably either won't work or will fuxx0r people's games when he's clearly not a qualified source of game-related info.

There are qualifications in this??

Inteen for AL, yay!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 29, 17:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are qualifications in this??
Oh, sure there are! Have you ever seen the rows and rows of credentials hanging on Inge's and the FOJ's walls in the Senate? I sneaked in there after hours on a dare once time to take a peek. That place was impressive. And spooky as hell.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 02, 06:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Certificate of Merit:  Unborkinating Sims 2 University - Apartment Life"

"Master of feature-adding mods: Extra credit for No20kHandout"

"Special Medal for notownieregen: Bon Voyage"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 02, 08:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That site doesn't look like anyone's maintained it in a million years, as the most recent thing mentioned seems to be OFB. Old site is old.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 02, 09:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does have a working link to the Sims2Enhancer, which was the topic of a thread around here somewhere recently.  She paid $19.95 for that crap, the silly goose.  Huh
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: