More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:26:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  New Game Cell Crash
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Game Cell Crash  (Read 5745 times)
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
New Game Cell Crash
« on: 2008 September 28, 12:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had a problem when they try to start a game/planet in Cell stage and the game either a) crashes or b) your creature doesn't show up as well as every other decoration in the primordial slime pool?

I'm getting sick of trying to start from the beginning only to have a major glitch/crash. Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to start a game in the cell stage? Am I missing some vital part or piece of information?

Should I mention what I have? Eh, whatever. I have some of the (very few) mods out there, specifically: betterplanetbazaar, spaceisfunhack, and 42. I stuck them in my installation directory under Data because that was the only place they seemed to go...

Fat Cat eatz yer head. 'twas nutricius and delicius

despite teh lack o' brainy flavur

Spore Creations
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: New Game Cell Crash
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 28, 13:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of those described mods predate the patch. Others are apparently post-patch. Have you tried removing them and going with one or the other?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 28, 14:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As has come up in two other threads, there are people (including me) getting the missing Cell creature problem post patch without any mods at all.  I had to revert to the 1.1.0.338 build.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 28, 18:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm... pretty certain the App I use is not patched... or would that even be what the patch came on? I do know I have not actively sought the patch because of the *uckuROM... I thought it hadn't been cracked but perhaps it has been and I missed the memo?

@Gus are you talking about arr'd games? If you aren't than are you talking about App's? (or neither?).

Spore Creations
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 28, 21:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch has been cracked, but there's a lot of reports that the patch is causing more problems than the original game version.  Gus is just saying he uninstalled the game and reinstalled it without patching it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 29, 00:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch has been cracked, but there's a lot of reports that the patch is causing more problems than the original game version.  Gus is just saying he uninstalled the game and reinstalled it without patching it.

Thanks  Grin I was slightly confused. So I suppose I'll have to wait until my game is 'fixed'. More than likely by mods than by an actual patch.

Spore Creations
Bleached
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 20, 01:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem of the cell not showing up, but mine was caused by the fact that I wasn't using the no-CD crack that came with the torrent I downloaded.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: