More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:24:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  AL Reduced Autonomous Mods - Oct 21 new mods posted
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL Reduced Autonomous Mods - Oct 21 new mods posted  (Read 16914 times)
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
AL Reduced Autonomous Mods - Oct 21 new mods posted
« on: 2008 September 27, 15:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay here is the deal, sometimes you want your sims to do things just not every chance they get. Still you do not want to stop all autonomous actions. Then what will your sims do? The reduced autonomous series was made to allow these activities with one little catch. Your Sims motive in fun must be less than 50 percent for your sim to engage in the activity. All these mods are for Apartment Life.

ReducedAutonomous_Handheld - Allows hand held game use if your sim's motive in fun is less than 50 percent.
ReducedAutonomous_KickyBag - Allows kicky bag play if your sim's motive in fun is less than 50 percent.
ReducedAutonomous_TossFootBall - Allows tossing the football if your sim's motive in fun is less than 50 percent.
ReducedAutonomous_JumpRope - Allows jumping rope if your sim's motive in fun is less than 50 percent.

* ReducedAutonomous_Handheld_50_AL .zip (0.33 KB - downloaded 493 times.)
* ReducedAutonomous_KickyBag_50_AL.zip (0.34 KB - downloaded 514 times.)
* ReducedAutonomous_TossFootBall_50_AL.zip (0.36 KB - downloaded 535 times.)
* ReducedAutonomous_Jumprope_50__AL.zip (0.41 KB - downloaded 518 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 October 21, 15:20:11 by Firefly » Logged
Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: AL Reduced Autonomous Mods
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 27, 20:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's precisely that I wanted recently. I'll add it to my folder. Cheesy
thanks.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 28, 01:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a reduced autonomous mp3 player?  That one drives me nuts because it takes them so freaking long to cancel the action.  Mostly, I just ignore requests to buy them for this reason.

Getting the Handheld one, by the way.  That one is also gonna be useful.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 28, 15:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a reduced autonomous mp3 player?  That one drives me nuts because it takes them so freaking long to cancel the action.  Mostly, I just ignore requests to buy them for this reason.

Getting the Handheld one, by the way.  That one is also gonna be useful.

Reduced autonomous mp3 player is currently in testing and to be released in the next reduced autonomous series of mods.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 28, 15:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is good.  I'm looking forward to the MP3 one as well. I refuse to allow my sims to own MP3's or handhelds for this very reason. 
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 28, 15:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there are any chanse to get a reduced "drop book everyware"

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 28, 16:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there are any chanse to get a reduced "drop book everyware"

I saw a mod for this somewhere, well a mod that I think forces all sims to put away books when they're done.  I don't remember where I saw it though.   Undecided

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 29, 02:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade has one over on DJS Sims, I think. Don't know if it's been updated (or if it needs to be).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AL Reduced Autonomous Mods - Oct 21 new mods posted
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 21, 15:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are two more released reduced autonomous mods for Apartment Life. These mods have been tested in my game without any problems. It is strongly suggested you run the SimWardrobe's HCDU program to find any mod conflicts with your existing mods before putting any of my mods in your game.

ReducedAutonomous_Birdwatch_50_AL- Allows autonomous Bird Watching if your sim's motive in fun is less than 50 percent.
ReducedAutonomous_PillowFights_50_AL- Allows autonomous pillow fights if your sim's motive in fun is less than 50 percent.

* ReducedAutonomous_Birdwatch_50_AL.zip (0.51 KB - downloaded 373 times.)
* ReducedAutonomous_PillowFights_50_AL.zip (0.34 KB - downloaded 356 times.)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 21, 23:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I put in a request for Reduced Autonomous Play Catch?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 22, 13:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things that annoy me, if I may request, is when kids dances with adults autonomously - the sound rives me nuts, could they have given a more annoying voice for the kids? - also autonomous juggling with the cups from the espresso machine, I almost never buy espresso machine because of this.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 22, 16:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I put in a request for Reduced Autonomous Play Catch?

Here is the Play Catch mod I currently use in my game from an inactive Modder named Monique. It does close to the same thing as my mods. It is listed on the Project Monique list as a tested and working mod for Apartment Life.

Monique
MQ_No_Autonomous_Play_Catch_Fun_50_SEASONS - if Fun (Motives) is greater than 50%
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=127110
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 22, 16:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things that annoy me, if I may request, is when kids dances with adults autonomously - the sound rives me nuts, could they have given a more annoying voice for the kids? - also autonomous juggling with the cups from the espresso machine, I almost never buy espresso machine because of this.

If you are asking about children dancing on adults toes? I currently use in my game this mod from a inactive modder named Monique. It reduces the autonomous action but does not completely do away with the action. This mod is listed on the Project Monique list as a tested and working mod for Apartment Life.

Or are you looking for a mod to completely kill the action all together? If so, I could try making one.

Monique
MQ_No_Autonomous_Dance_On_Toes_Fun_50 - if Fun (Motives) is greater than 50%

The juggling of cups do you want a reduced autonomous mod that does not completely do away with the action? Or are you do you want a no autonomous mod to kill the action completely.

The reduced autonomous mod, I could try making one. If you want the no autonomous mod. Here is one of Monique mods. This mod according to Project Monique list has not been tested with Apartment Life.

MQ_No_Autonomous_Play_Juggle_Cups
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 22, 18:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Firefly, I'll try them out. A reduced amount or no amount doesn't really matter to me I think - but I'll let you know if I change my mind - I'll play with these for a while and see what happens.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 23, 01:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you make reduced community lot espresso, and alcohol intake? Sims have no self control! Lots with Espresso Machines look deserted, because everyone is gulping down their 75th espresso, and my sims drink so badly they will run to the bar if left alone for five minutes!

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 23, 01:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to the way sims pick actions, there's really no such thing as "reduced". An available autonomous action will either become an all-consuming obsession or be ignored in favor of a different consuming obsession. The only way to achieve variety is with Autonomycontrol, by proscribing items for specific sims so SOME sims do it while others do not: Otherwise, the "best" action is chosen, and that action becomes the all-consuming obsesssion of everyone unless it is not available to them because it has been disabled.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zceepy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 27, 15:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I request a reduced autonomous hugging mod? It's really spun out of control since AL was installed
Firefly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 03, 16:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you make reduced community lot espresso, and alcohol intake? Sims have no self control! Lots with Espresso Machines look deserted, because everyone is gulping down their 75th espresso, and my sims drink so badly they will run to the bar if left alone for five minutes!

I will add this to the list but it will be for both residential and community lots if I get it working correctly.

Can I request a reduced autonomous hugging mod? It's really spun out of control since AL was installed

I will add this to the list, I assume you do not mean parents hugging their children when they come home from work.

Edit by moderator: double posting fixed.  You can use the "Insert Quote" line when creating or modifying your post to add as many quotes as you need.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 03, 23:28:34 by BastDawn » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: