More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 00:28:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Grades and Aging
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grades and Aging  (Read 17024 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Grades and Aging
« Reply #25 on: 2008 November 07, 14:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting good grades should be harder, and there should be other factors involved apart from just doing your homework.  For example, how about if they made skills a factor?  Kids who bother to skill keep their brain sharp.  Also I think skills themselves should deteriorate if they are not exercised, just like hobby enthusiasm does.  Actually, why should doing a hobby increase enthusiasm for it anyway?  Having to do something should decrease enthusiasm.  So for example, with tinkering, I would have their enthusiasm go up by tinkering and by reading about it, but go down if they have to fix a broken shower.   Cooking enthusiasm would go down if the sim has to cook a basic meal for the family, but go up by reading about it or preparing party dishes.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 November 07, 14:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting good grades should be harder, and there should be other factors involved apart from just doing your homework.  For example, how about if they made skills a factor?  Kids who bother to skill keep their brain sharp.
Syberspunk did this already. The thing is, the game is kinda balanced for the BBS smacktard, not for awesome super-achievers like us.

Also I think skills themselves should deteriorate if they are not exercised, just like hobby enthusiasm does.
This was actually present in the game's leftover codes, but was largely gutted. Apparently, it was a really bad idea, and I can see why, given how aggravatingly irritatingly the base "enthusiasm" decay works, which is basically where all that code got recycled into. Can you imagine how annoying it probably was for a sim to be unable to even go to sleep without losing a bunch of skillpoints? Augh. And how exactly WOULD one "exercise" some skills, anyway? The Mechanical skilll, for instance, has absolutely no functionality outside of repairing broken stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 07, 14:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The enthusiasm loss is possible.  I did that in the food mod with burnt/spoiled food as that has to be the most annoying spam hobby to get rid of.
So you could in theory make some of those tinkering items lose points too if you like Smiley

unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 November 07, 19:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play with aging off constantly, and grades do rise.

If your sims are frozen on their first day of the life stage, then you are not getting the 'homework' part of the grade change calculation applied.  Install Inge's patch to fix that.  There are other factors of the calculation such a mood that are taken into account

Hi Tunaisafish, I've had no problems with grades. After 8pm, I put 'aging on' grow up the toddler/child of my choice, put 'aging off' cheat back on. The kid goes to school and with doing homework, going to class the grades go up. They get the family hurrahs and the money rewarded by proud family pop up. All works normally and I've not noticed a problem. There is quite a number of sims at the A+ level. I've also had, when a sim missed school, a grade was deducted and the grade went down. After a day or two, the grade would go back up. I don't find anything frozen or any negative factors with it this way.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 November 07, 19:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that wouldb't be possible if you had someething l ike my no aging hack in.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 November 07, 20:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that wouldb't be possible if you had someething l ike my no aging hack in.

Hi Inge!
I searched and found the thread where you mentioned the 'no aging birthday cake'. No links were given, and no search provided the location of it being here. Leads me to believe it is posted elsewhere. I will search it out to learn more about it.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 November 07, 21:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where will you begin to look?

unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 November 08, 00:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! The ol' Google of course! Very easy to find as Google responded well and lead me to your site, Simlogical. I've been there so many times and have quite a number of the mods from there, but had not seen the birthday cake mod before. I've downloaded it, and know it works with the aging cheat off. I am assuming then, that the disablePuppyKittenAging should not be used either.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 November 08, 08:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously not on this page, despite you helpfully providing them with a direct link.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 November 08, 17:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously not on this page, despite you helpfully providing them with a direct link.

How nice of you to point my misread out! With sarcasm too! How very special. Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: