More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:31:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  AL/Bodyshop won't work!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL/Bodyshop won't work!!!  (Read 4546 times)
simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
AL/Bodyshop won't work!!!
« on: 2008 September 27, 00:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got AL about a week after it came out, and have only been able to really play it about 3 times because of a problem I've been having. I do a lot of stuff in Bodyshop, and after only running it about 3 times it stopped working. The next time I tried to open it I got a message saying "The Sims 2 Body Shop has stopped working" almost as soon as I clicked on the icon. I tried running the game and nothing happened, not even an error message. After I got rid of my downloads folder and restarting my computer, I tried running them again, and still the same thing happened. I did a full uninstall/reinstall and ran the game once before putting my downloads folder back in. Everything was fine, for about 2 more times of running the game & 3 with bodyshop....so far I've had to uninstall/ reinstall the game at least 3 times, and am now preparing for the 4th as everything has stopped working again. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Having to do this every few days is really beginning to get on my nerves! Angry
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: AL/Bodyshop won't work!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 27, 01:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Bodyshop takes about an hour to load, so I rarely use it.   Tongue  I wait until I know I want to do a bunch of different things to do to make the loooooong wait worthwhile.  However, besides the stupid long time to load up, I havn't had any problems with it before or after installing AL.  I have used it at least 3 times...maybe I should try running it again and see what happens?   Cheesy

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 27, 06:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting the cigen.package in you Sims 2 folder? It's a body shop file that will regenerate when you start up body shop.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 27, 07:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the bodyshop exe for AL? If so, try running BS in a 'clean' install of the game, no CC. (Rename your 'Sims 2' folder to 'Sims 2 main' and running the game to generate a new install) Seriously, my BS is open and running within 3-5 minutes of clicking the exe and I have some clothing unlockers and a few bits of clothing meshes in there.

simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 27, 10:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting the cigen.package in you Sims 2 folder? It's a body shop file that will regenerate when you start up body shop.
I tried that the first time around. Got rid of cigen.package, and the two .cache files, but that, along with restarting the computer did nothing. I eventually had to reinstall.

Are you using the bodyshop exe for AL? If so, try running BS in a 'clean' install of the game, no CC. (Rename your 'Sims 2' folder to 'Sims 2 main' and running the game to generate a new install) Seriously, my BS is open and running within 3-5 minutes of clicking the exe and I have some clothing unlockers and a few bits of clothing meshes in there.
Tried that the first time too, and when I reinstalled I waited to put my CC back. After about the 3rd-4th time of running BS, I got the message saying it stopped responding. Just did my 4th reinstall last night. I'm getting used to it by now, it's just really irritating to have to do this every few days & have no clue what's wrong.

I don't know if this will help, but I'm running Vista with a 2.0Ghz processor & 1 gig of ram. We're working on updating the computer, but don't have the $$ at this point.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 27, 11:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't clog it with all your CC. Keep the fresh install for making stuff (just rename folders when you want to play your regular game) and just put in what you need-if you are making sims, I would suggest you make them in your regular game and extract them using SimPE, clone them in Bodyshop, then offer them for download, or put just what you need in the Downloads folder. If you are using meshes for recolours, pick out what you require and pop them in the Downloads folder before loading BS. I know it is more time-consuming, but it is what I do. If you forget something, it is easier to close down BS, pop what you need in your Downloads folder then restart BS, rather than waiting X amount of time for it to load.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 27, 12:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to EMMA!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 27, 13:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long load time isn't my problem though. After about 3 times of running BS, I get a message saying that the sims 2 Body Shop has stopped working & will close no more then 10 seconds after I click on the icon. Also, when that starts happening, my game won't work either.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 27, 13:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: