More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:11:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims2 + no internet connection = (*^&@#*(#@&#%_^%(&*@#$&*(!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims2 + no internet connection = (*^&@#*(#@&#%_^%(&*@#$&*(!!!  (Read 6569 times)
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Sims2 + no internet connection = (*^&@#*(#@&#%_^%(&*@#$&*(!!!
« on: 2008 September 26, 00:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so here is the deal: My Mom is staying with me and we can't hook her computer to the internet because my router is all full(I have 4 computers networked, hers would be #5 and it's just not happening). All she wants to do is Sim and I don't blame her - however ever since she got her computer set up at my place sans internet her game refuses to run, AL keeps uninstalling itself, something has corrupted her external drive and basically she can't play because Sims2 is crapping out on her.

I need your help - I'm hoping Pescado will help or one of the other really big brains. We think it's Securom throwing a hissy because there is no internet - surely there is a way to install some Sims2 with no internet connection. Please let me know. use small words and take us through what we should do step by step. I can jump drive stuff her to computer if we need to but otherwise she has no internet access at all.

I look forward to your answers.

Cass

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Sims2 + no internet connection = (*^&@#*(#@&#%_^%(&*@#$&*(!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 26, 00:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version of Sims2 is this?  Is it the direct download version?  Do you have any EP's/SPs (other than the self-uninstalling AL)?  Are they Patched?  When you start the computer and click on the icon, what happens?  What does the error message say?  Is this a Vista Machine?  A Mac?  Windows98?  Dos 3.0?  Is the hard drive functional with EVERYTHING ELSE, except for the Sims2?

I'd try to help, but I'd need much more information.  I'm not trying to be cruel, I just want to let you know that without further information, the only thing you're likely to get is laughed at.  If you can acquire that additional information, perhaps one of the awesome might be able to help.  It does sound frustrating.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 26, 01:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so here is the deal: My Mom is staying with me and we can't hook her computer to the internet because my router is all full(I have 4 computers networked, hers would be #5 and it's just not happening). All she wants to do is Sim and I don't blame her - however ever since she got her computer set up at my place sans internet her game refuses to run, AL keeps uninstalling itself, something has corrupted her external drive and basically she can't play because Sims2 is crapping out on her.
Buy an ethernet hub. They cost like $20.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 26, 01:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an XP and I'm not sure what error messages are appearing. I will advise the new hub as the best and quickest solution. Thanks Pes i should have known you would come up with the fastest solution.

Cass Smiley

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 26, 10:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you decide not to get an additional hub (which, if it is a lack of internet connection, is likely the easiest solution...) it should be solvable with more info. Internet or not it shouldn't behave that way!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 26, 17:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unawesome shot in the dark, but is it possible the game's installed but getting hung up trying to boot via that stupid Loader gigamabob that dials up EA for no good reason? Depending on the disc/No-CD/whatever configuration you're using, I'd suggest making sure the game's icon is linked to the .exe file and not that dumb loader.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 26, 19:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You never specified if her AL was purchased from the EA Store. I suspect it was, which is why you can't get it to run. EA Store has to verify your purchase because you might be a dirty pirate despite the fact that the game would have no way to have gotten on your system except as a paid download from the EA Store. Yet another example of how EA's collective brain fails to work.

Get a no-CD patch from GameCopyWorld. Rename it to something identifiable, like "ALcrack". Put it in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Apartment Life\TSBin.  Run the game from the crack, not the stupid loader.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 27, 13:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all your ethernet ports are full, you need a new hub anyway so you can attach it to a port and get MOAR PORTS. Otherwise, your computer will be like this:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trlaavh
Asinine Airhead

Minion Power

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 01, 01:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if EAxis can't phone home it kills your computer?! Wow, that totally happened to me, only I LOST my WHOLE computer. I had the Sims 2, (I don't remember which stuff packs) and all EPs through BV. There was a faulty wiring issue-thingy with my computer, so the internet-connector-thing (I phail at comp terminology Grin) died, then the game died, and then 'they' sent my computer back and I got a new one because they said my whole computer was doomed to die!

Thank you! Now I know what happened! Although it doesn't make sense... Undecided

My name is Elley, and I have come to annoy with stupid questions. Beware the Minion with access to the Sims 2.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: