More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:42:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Downloads and CC for Spore... wtf
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downloads and CC for Spore... wtf  (Read 6982 times)
Strideur
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Downloads and CC for Spore... wtf
« on: 2008 September 25, 19:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to use CC without downloading a boatload of craptastic junk? If you turn on Buddy only, you either get nothing, or everything that person has EVER created... no thanks.

Is there no DL as you go like the sims? You certainly can't go full online mode, as you get a bunch of half ass junk clogging up the works.

What am I missing? Is there a way to pick and choose DL's or is it all or nothing?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Downloads and CC for Spore... wtf
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 25, 21:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*P&L at Strideur for getting SecuROM*

Use the no-CD crack, available at Gamefix (I went through GameCopyWorld). Deny the game online access. Then just get creatures the full-control way: by going to Spore.com and drag-dropping the .pngs you want/seek out.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Strideur
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 25, 21:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha... stop laughing. I never used the CD... NoCD ftw ever since Bon Voyage. That's not the problem.

What do you mean by drag and drop from the site? I've looked through all kinds of that junk and never saw a link anywhere. What am I drag and dropping and where?... I know I'll probably feel like a moron once you tell me.

Also, isn't a PNG just an image file? I've heard talk about PNG's but I didn't think they had enough information in them to store all the parts for a critter.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 25, 22:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need a link -- the image you see in the online sporepedia is the download/cc (and yes, they're .PNG files, and yes, they store all the info about the item that the game needs). Right-click on the small image (not the big one), 'save as...' and save it in your Creatures directory (or Building, or Vehicle or UFO, etc, depending on the object).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Strideur
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 25, 22:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... like I promised, I feel like a moron now.

I assume the "small picture" is the little thinger in bottom right corner of the CC on Spore? I'll try that tonight... exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 25, 22:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, guess I didn't explain it right.  The 'little picture' is the one you see on the page of a lot of pictures in the catalog; the 'big picture' is if you double-click on a little one and get a one-page view with info (if the creator provided any).  The big picture doesn't work; the little one does.

Easy way to tell if you got the right one is to look at the .PNG file in the Creatures directory -- the ones that work are 128x128.  Any bigger and it's not the right one.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 25, 23:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha... stop laughing. I never used the CD... NoCD ftw ever since Bon Voyage. That's not the problem.
It was your first post, and since you clearly paid for the game, you can understand my assumption.

I've often wondered why they didn't have a download link for the game .png file on that detail page. I'm sure a lot of people save the big one and wonder why they don't work. Eh. In Firefox, you can click on the .png file, hold, and drag it into your My Spore Creations\Creatures folder.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Strideur
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 25, 23:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was your first post, and since you clearly paid for the game, you can understand my assumption.

I know what you meant  Tongue Just the thought of getting that junk makes me ornery. By the way... I like your critters you made in your sig... good stuff.

Thanks for the help guys... At least I can get selected CC now.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 26, 00:28:51 by Strideur » Logged
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 28, 01:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with the small pictures. I just assumed that the problem solved itself if you were registered and logged in properly.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: