More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:11:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Oops, did I break it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oops, did I break it?  (Read 25471 times)
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: Oops, did I break it?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 25, 14:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not what I said, and even if it WERE what I meant to imply, who cares?  I didn't say I was better than anyone, insult anyone, or even call you Miss Arrogant Bully Cow.  It just looks like you read a lot into what I wrote and went headlong into flamer mode.  You ignored the point of the post, and latched on like a pitbull to a harmless incidental statement made in jest that you could have chosen to ignore.  If this is the type of reaction a small moue of distaste triggers in you, it says more about you than anything I said....about myself...sheesh...
If you're not offended, good.  If you prefer to be intelligent, even better.  Let's start now by dropping this pointless bs, mmkay?  I didn't come here looking for a fight, I came here to discuss TS2, and this thread was just starting to get good.  Please don't spoil it.

Oh honey, I'm so sorry the big kids are being mean to you. I think Inge left us some of her tea over there. No, you may drink the last cup. Inge's tea doesn't really agree with me for some reason.

Seriously though, it's very obvious that you haven't lurked around here more. Your post was fine and dandy, until you decided to play dumb and say that you get by on your looks alone. Why should we want to help dumb people? They probably couldn't understand our instructions anyway.

Doesn't the FAQ say that MOAR FIGHT is our motto? If a fight can be had then by god we'll be there with sporks drawn. Ignoring stupidity just doesn't happen around here; that would have been very obvious if you'd lurked more.

If you really don't want to fight then you'll ignore me and resume discussing your hilarious problem, but I'm hoping you'll tell me how wrong and how mean I am.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 September 25, 15:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use clean templates, there are no sims in the simbin.
FTW. Or you can make clean templates (the add-on ones, not the new 'hood ones) yourself.  Deleted 2 is kind of like the empty template instructions...looks a whole lot harder than it actually is. Some of the steps (writing down hex numbers) aren't even needed with real SimPE.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 September 25, 15:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just now occurs to me that this topic, "Oops, Did I Break It?" is not posted in "Oops, You Broke It."

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 25, 16:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't come here looking for a fight,

At MATY, FIGHT FINDS YOU.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 25, 17:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just now occurs to me that this topic, "Oops, Did I Break It?" is not posted in "Oops, You Broke It."

Because I wasn't sure anything was broken, or that there was a problem.  Nice kitty.  I was asking the question because I like the way my game is playing, but was warned by someone that I was destroying it by playing borked characters.  I really just wanted to know if there was any truth to that, rather than rely on superstition, since I don't know enough on my own about how it works to know if it would even be possible to ruin the game with a borked character.  Some people here have been very helpful, and I got what I was looking for and then some.  Thanks!

One thing mitchellcjs said sticks in my mind though, not to play he pre-made Pets EP families- Since I got eveything all at once, I'm not sure which familiies came with what EP, but I'm assuming Cyd Roseland and Tara Kat did (cuz duh), but are there any others?  Thanks again.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 25, 17:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing with borken sims is a bad thing if you like the neighborhood. It may not cause problems now, but later on down the road, VBT will start happening. Then, when your sims actually are bugging out, don't come whining here for a fix, because you were told what not to do.

Also, Generation X: The first ironic generation. Also, the first Generation not to know what ironic means.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 25, 18:06:10 by Jelenedra » Logged

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 September 25, 18:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, the first Generation not to know what ironic means.

See, I attribute that more to Generation WTF.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 September 25, 18:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People that are younger than 20 now (Generation WTF? or Generation GIMME! you decide) piss me off. I actually had a girl get pissed at me that the check she was depositing from mommy and daddy wouldn't be available BECAUSE HER ACCOUNT WAS NEGATIVE. Sorry, but you have to pay US first before we'll let you have money. Duh, dumbass.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 September 25, 18:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing mitchellcjs said sticks in my mind though, not to play he pre-made Pets EP families- Since I got eveything all at once, I'm not sure which familiies came with what EP, but I'm assuming Cyd Roseland and Tara Kat did (cuz duh), but are there any others?  Thanks again.

The Kim Family and the Kat Family are in occupied lots in the bin.  Cyd is with his dog in the bin, but not in a house.  There is also the Crittur family which is simply two dogs - they are not in a house either.

(Edited to add Crittur family)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 September 25, 19:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People that are younger than 20 now (Generation WTF? or Generation GIMME! you decide) piss me off. I actually had a girl get pissed at me that the check she was depositing from mommy and daddy wouldn't be available BECAUSE HER ACCOUNT WAS NEGATIVE. Sorry, but you have to pay US first before we'll let you have money. Duh, dumbass.
Entitlement Generation is what I've always heard it called. Anyways. I'm Gen X (barely) and I understand what irony is. I'd say that's more of a Gen Y issue.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 September 25, 20:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's start now by dropping this pointless bs, mmkay? 

You can drop it if you like, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Mmkay?

Yours
The Pitbull

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 September 26, 01:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not use the petsEP expansion *occupied* houses that came with the game. 

What is wrong with them?
Nasty bits of severed files. Would you go fishing in a pond full of rotting fingers? Besides, they are in ugly Maxis-crap houses.

Empty templates are your friend. You can find them  in Peasantry, currently on the first page. The instructions make them look more daunting than they are.

One question about the empty templates, how empty are they?  Are they just empty terrains, empty buildings, are the maxis families there or are they gone etc?

May all your fears & worries come true.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 September 26, 03:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empty Templates = No sims. All the lots are still there.

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 September 26, 10:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if I want to play the maxis families, is there a way to get a cleaned up version of them?  Are the graves that came with the game there on the lots, or are those cleaned out as well?

May all your fears & worries come true.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 September 26, 11:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want the EAxis sims, then you don't want the "clean template". The entire POINT of the clean template is that it removes all of the EAxis sims!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 September 26, 13:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Clean and Empty template thread does have some "cleaned" templates which have only the playable and known sims in them, so you may want to get ahold of those.  Most people stopped caring and reverted to the empty templates, though, because who really needs 500 townies of any flavor in their game?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 September 26, 21:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if I want to play the maxis families, is there a way to get a cleaned up version of them?  Are the graves that came with the game there on the lots, or are those cleaned out as well?

If you want cleaned up hoods then I'd recommend HP's megahood. Otherwise, empty templates.

PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 October 18, 22:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree wholly with this statement, and I'm one of them. I frequently have the urge to throw javelins at my peers. A few years ago, in my math class, there was a girl who bitched at the teacher so much that he asked to have her removed from it. She had such a sense of self-entitlement, she actually got pissed at him for failing her on a test and said he was out to get her. How the hell can you be "out to get someone" on a MATH test? It's possibly the least subjective thing in the universe.

What do you mean by that thing about the bank, though? Was she not intending to use the cheque to pay off her debt? Dammit, I hate people.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 October 19, 12:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what generation I am... At 23 years old (in non-pescadian years, that is), what would I be? X? Y? Something in between?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 October 19, 19:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean by that thing about the bank, though? Was she not intending to use the cheque to pay off her debt? Dammit, I hate people.

If she was overdrawn at her bank, they'd wait until the money actually showed up from her mummy and daddy's bank account (3-5 biz days or whatever is the standard).  After her bank sees that the cheque didn't bounce, they'd clear her debt, and she'd be allowed to have what's left.  If you think about it, it's a pretty sensible way for banks to treat people who overdraw.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 October 19, 21:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what generation I am... At 23 years old (in non-pescadian years, that is), what would I be? X? Y? Something in between?

There are several, very different dates for classification of Gen X, and none of them reach past 1981, so I guess you're a Gen Y.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 October 25, 15:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not use the petsEP expansion *occupied* houses that came with the game. 
What is wrong with them?
Nasty bits of severed files. Would you go fishing in a pond full of rotting fingers?

From the context, obviously severed files are bad for some reason, so what is the extent of the "badness"?  From the fishing pond o'fingers example, sure that sounds yucky, like it would stink, etc., but it wouldn't bring about the end of the world...or would it?  What game problems could these severed files cause?
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 October 25, 21:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the context, obviously severed files are bad for some reason, so what is the extent of the "badness"?  From the fishing pond o'fingers example, sure that sounds yucky, like it would stink, etc., but it wouldn't bring about the end of the world...or would it?  What game problems could these severed files cause?

It causes file corruption. I believe it starts with things like corrupted gossip memories getting passed around from sim to sim, and/or toddlers having adult wants. Then gradually more and more bizarre behavior until the neighborhood becomes unplayable. Sometimes you see the results of this, like sims disappearing, adults having the behavior of children because they aged up improperly, dogs that are just a floating head with no visible body, and other such creepy stuff. Sometimes you don't see a darn thing, which leads people to argue "oh, I use occupied lots from the lot bin and nothing bad happens so it's fine!" Either way, your neighborhood will eventually become unplayable.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 October 25, 21:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The binned inhabited lots that come with the game are 'clean'- they have no memories, gossip or links to any sims outside the lot. I can't see any problem with using those in the game.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2008 October 26, 07:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several, very different dates for classification of Gen X, and none of them reach past 1981, so I guess you're a Gen Y.

Wonder what Gen  32-33 year old Non Pescadians fall into..

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: