More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:54:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Oops, did I break it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oops, did I break it?  (Read 25650 times)
Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Oops, did I break it?
« on: 2008 September 24, 13:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something went wonky when I sent Angela Pleasant to college, but didn't send Lilith.  I didn't do this in-game, but rather from the neighborhood "send sims to college" function.  Angela was a member of the first University household I played, and I hadn't really played the Pleasant family yet, only opened the lot to check it out, decided to send Angela to college but make Lilith wait until she raised her grades.  SO - When I went back into the Pleasant house, I immediately noticed that Lilith had aged to adult (bummer), all her needs and aspiration bars red, all memories & relationships (including family tree) wiped, and 0 hashmarks in all personality traits.  What took me a little longer to notice was her very deep voice, and that she now pees standing up and uses the men's room on community lots.  Lilith is now recognized by the game as male. I went about seeing what I could fix, and used cheats to age him back to teen and to give him a personality.  Thanks to the AL patch from this site, which made the schoolbus come and evidently corrected his shool hours that had started off showing 12am-12pm, Lilith was able to raise his grade to A+...because he no longer had a family tree he also got the Orphaned Sim Grant...Life actually looks great for Lilith now as long as he doesn't mind being transgender, and he doesn't seem to.  I've played him a while because he's so darn fun, and frankly, amusing.

The only potential problem is, since Lilith's new gender identity was caused by something like that first-born syndrome (dontcha think?), like he respawned off Angela or something thus turning out male, but kept the female skin, he would be considered corrupt...

On the official Sims2 site, users warn to either kill off or put corrupt sims in the family bin and NEVER play them again, lest you DESTROY your whole neighborhood!  Is this a real concern?  What could happen?

I'd like to keep playing with Lilith, especially since he/she's in love with Stella the alien girl, and I want to see if they can try for a baby...bad idea?

As this is my first post, please excuse me if it is too long or if my question is just too stupid.  Faceless as forums are, I'm put at a disadvantage here, as I usually get by on looks alone IRL.  Thanks in advance for your understanding and any helpful input.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 24, 13:41:35 by Julie Tinkerbell » Logged
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Oops, did I break it?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 24, 16:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Faceless as forums are, I'm put at a disadvantage here, as I usually get by on looks alone IRL. 

Are you ruddy gawjus, or something?
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 24, 16:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please post a picture so we can decide whether or not to help you.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 24, 17:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please post a picture so we can decide whether or not to help you.
LOL  I was actually only trying to offset the noobness of my post with some self-depricating irony, but if you really want to see what I look like, I'm googlable.  I'd attach a link, but I think I read in the "read this before posting" rules that that is not allowed, and I certainly do not wish to offend.  At any rate, if someone would interface with me on this issue with something more intelligent than the hysterionic advice that I've received so far to never play a corrupted sim without any further explanation of what kind of armageddon to expect, responses will be very appreciated.   I had already played the sim quite a bit before being told not to without noticing any problems, and I want to keep playing my corrupted sim, but I obviously don't want to kill my game...

Also, it may have made me seem less retarded had I included the information that I have all EP's installed, and that I installed all of them at once, with the exception of FT and AL.  Thanks again for any ideas.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 24, 19:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL  I was actually only trying to offset the noobness of my post with some self-depricating irony, but if you really want to see what I look like, I'm googlable.

That's not self-deprecating irony, that's out and out self aggrandisement. In fact, it is not irony at all - go find a dictionary. Personally, I would only help you if you were ugly.

Julie Fucking Tinkerbell - good god.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 24, 19:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I think Julie is very beautiful inside, and I am going to make her a nice cup of tea! 

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 24, 20:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not self-deprecating irony, that's out and out self aggrandisement. In fact, it is not irony at all - go find a dictionary. Personally, I would only help you if you were ugly.

Julie Fucking Tinkerbell - good god.

Please excuse me if I have offended you somehow, as it was not my intention at all.  Perhaps my statement would seem to be self aggrandizement to someone who would prefer to be dumb, but I was conceding that (alas) I am not any smarter than I look, and pointing that out as a handicap in my plea for mercy should one find my question stupid.  I never said I was beautiful - read the post.  I might be the bearded fat lady making my living in the circus freak show for all the information I gave about myself, hence the room for irony. Truth be known, I've always considered myself rather average looking. Thanks for the advice about the dictionary and your opinion about my name.

And sincere thanks, Inge, for the tea to help break the ice.  It only took me 3 days to muster the courage to post here for the first time with my question.  I was so afraid that I would be so far behind since I waited so long to get TS2 and the EP's that I've read darn near every post on this site to avoid annoying you guys with a goofy dinosaur question.  I hope someone will be kind enough to share any information if they have it, since I considered asking here my best chance of getting an answer from someone who know's what he/she's talking about.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 24, 20:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We do not know how you look, nor do we care to. We only know how you post. Your post was just fine until your last line. Work on your irony; there's not enough ferrous to qualify.

As for your problem. No issues should arise from mating Lilith with someone, if the game allows you to (which I suspect it will). Fixing her is easily done in SimPE. I can't recall the exact tab, but it's in Sim Information (I usually use the Sim Browser to get to it because I like the shiny pictures). The line is "treat sim as...".

I'm more concerned with how this issue happened in the first place. You weren't screwing with Lilith, so how did she suddenly become an adult? Either someone else is playing with your game (doubtful), you are telling us a fib ala the guy who said his sim dog ate Santa and then burned down the house, or you have a hack that is not approved for your latest EP or conflicting, and you need to be smacked upside the head. Are you killing kittens?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 24, 21:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knowing what hacks, mods, CC, and patches you use might be helpful.  Knowing which EPs and SPs you have installed and whether or not you've been playing in SimPE would also help.  Also, knowing the condition of the house prior to sending Angela to college would help.  One of the reasons for your sporkage is probably your delivery.  You stated what was weird, but with no real information on before, after, and what extras you have that may affect the situation.  (I'm leaving your appearance and name choice completely out of it.  They are just the vehicle used to spork you for the lack of information.)  Perhaps you could share the additional information, and we might be able to figure out A) what happened, and B) how to fix it.

Off the top of my head, if you are familiar with SimPE it is possible to alter Lilith's gender by modifying the character file and the neighborhood file.
Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 24, 21:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for your reply.  At the time of the occurence I had just installed TS2 and all the EP's prior to FT.  I had no hacks or custom content and had only official patches.  I have never used SimPE...I'm just not that advanced.  The condition of the Pleasant house was almost virgin - I had entered the lot to check out what was inside before deciding to play a family that was more interesting to me.  I had never sent any sims to college before, if that matters.  What I had done immediately before is send another playable sim to college.  From the neighborhood view I got the option of sending other eligible sims to college, and I chose Angela Pleasant, and townies Debbie King and Ivy Copur.  The next time I opened the Pleasant house, Lilith was an adult.  At that time I thought maybe it happened because she and Angela were twins, and Angela had just aged up when I sent her to college, but then noticed all the other stuff and figured that surely it wasn't supposed to work that way.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 24, 22:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't shed any light on how Lilith got borked, but it may be of some consolation to know that you can't really corrupt your entire game installation by continuing to play with him as he is.  At most, other strange things may begin to happen in Pleasantview, but if you play a different neighbourhood, or even just reset Pleasantview at a later date to play again from the beginning, your game will behave as normal.

If you'd prefer to play out Lilith's life change, I would advise you though, not to do any more things that might cause corruption.  Chief among them is to avoid deleting sims or families from the sim bin, or the lot bin.  Similarly, avoid installing lots from other players which come occupied with families.  Also, do not attempt to move in or marry the NPCs (service sims) until you learn which are safe to interact with.  Townies are fair game.  Finally, it might be a good idea to collect the critical fixes from the hack directory for AL.
Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 24, 23:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, that was what I was looking for.  I like the new Lilith, honestly - I hated her before and planned to kill her off.  When she became transgender, it seemed to fit with her story, and the new Lilith suddenly made easy friends and actually began to "fit in". There's ferrous for you.  And she looks great without makeup with her new unisex haircut and horn rims.  If I could remember how, I'd attach a picture.

If I already have downloaded houses with families, is it gloom and doom now?  Because I have. 
How do we know which NPC's are safe to interact with? That makes me nervous.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 25, 00:17:58 by Julie Tinkerbell » Logged
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 25, 00:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://home.earthlink.net/~ezzer/julieschatpage/

LAWL

You are googled. And you are found.

Yer not very versed in your programming. I suggest you E-mail your creator and ask them to work on you.

Fat Cat eatz yer head. 'twas nutricius and delicius

despite teh lack o' brainy flavur

Spore Creations
Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 25, 00:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No lie.  Tongue I'm in desperate need of attention.  Someone might get to me if they weren't so darn distracted with sims after finally getting TS2. 
Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 25, 00:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have to say, kudos to you if that's you on that page. Your English is better than many English folks!
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 25, 01:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are severely concerned with your sims and what's broken, there's an easy fix.  If you run on a windows system, then just delete the sims2 folder in your "my documents" folder.  This will force the game to recreate all the contents from scratch, resetting all your neighborhoods to their original pristine state, and removing any and all extraneous sims and houses.  This will also permanently remove any custom neighborhoods you may have made.  It will undo any changes you've done to your neighborhoods.

In the future, when downloading houses, occupied or not, I would suggest you use CleanInstaller to install them.  CleanInstaller gives you the opportunity to select only the lot itself, without sims, custom content, or hacks/mods. 

A few tips:  Never delete sims from the simbin.  Do not use the petsEP expansion *occupied* houses that came with the game.  Don't play with cheat codes unless you know what they do.  This includes all the "boolprop" and "Intprop" things available.  This site is a gold mine of information on how the game works and what not to do and what to do.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 25, 01:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not use the petsEP expansion *occupied* houses that came with the game. 

What is wrong with them?

May all your fears & worries come true.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 25, 01:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something about the lot bin being bad for occupied houses.  I can't remember, honestly.  I was advised to Never Ever put an occupied lot in the lot bin, and Never Ever take an occupied lot OUT of the lot bin.  It supposedly breaks the lot in some unknown-to-me way leading to strange-lined memories and general borkedness.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 September 25, 04:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not use the petsEP expansion *occupied* houses that came with the game. 

What is wrong with them?
Nasty bits of severed files. Would you go fishing in a pond full of rotting fingers? Besides, they are in ugly Maxis-crap houses.

Empty templates are your friend. You can find them  in Peasantry, currently on the first page. The instructions make them look more daunting than they are.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 September 25, 06:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please excuse me if I have offended you somehow, as it was not my intention at all.  Perhaps my statement would seem to be self aggrandizement to someone who would prefer to be dumb, but I was conceding that (alas) I am not any smarter than I look, and pointing that out as a handicap in my plea for mercy should one find my question stupid.  I never said I was beautiful - read the post. 

No, you haven't offended me, just triggered a small moue of distaste.

Are you saying that you think I would prefer to be dumb? Well of course I would not, I would prefer to remain intelligent. What a dumb thing to say. What you wrote was indeed self aggrandisement, as the following statement indicates. (Are you even aware that the whole world does not spell words in the American way?)

Faceless as forums are, I'm put at a disadvantage here, as I usually get by on looks alone IRL.

Your implication is that you find it easy to get along on your looks alone in real life. Pity about the lack of intelligence.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
lowbart
Blathering Buffoon

Why? Why?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 September 25, 07:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't delete sims from the Sim Bin? Am I supposed to follow that crazy list of instructions in War Room every time I want someone disappeared?

Quote from: Liz
I find it particularly disingenuous of Seabolt to attempt to claim that "Advertising is very organic to the 'Sims 3' experience." Apparently 'organic' is code for "We thought of some places we can stick it." Should they run out of ideas, I could gladly recommend some nice, organic place
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 25, 07:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, or just ignore them.  Deleting from Sim Bin is BAD.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 September 25, 07:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use clean templates, there are no sims in the simbin.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 September 25, 13:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't delete sims from the Sim Bin? Am I supposed to follow that crazy list of instructions in War Room every time I want someone disappeared?

Hey, don't blame Pescado.  EA is the one who codes up a mess.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Julie Tinkerbell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 September 25, 14:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you saying that you think I would prefer to be dumb?
No, I was saying that it didn't seem that you understood my post.
Your implication is that you find it easy to get along on your looks alone in real life. Pity about the lack of intelligence.
That's not what I said, and even if it WERE what I meant to imply, who cares?  I didn't say I was better than anyone, insult anyone, or even call you Miss Arrogant Bully Cow.  It just looks like you read a lot into what I wrote and went headlong into flamer mode.  You ignored the point of the post, and latched on like a pitbull to a harmless incidental statement made in jest that you could have chosen to ignore.  If this is the type of reaction a small moue of distaste triggers in you, it says more about you than anything I said....about myself...sheesh...
If you're not offended, good.  If you prefer to be intelligent, even better.  Let's start now by dropping this pointless bs, mmkay?  I didn't come here looking for a fight, I came here to discuss TS2, and this thread was just starting to get good.  Please don't spoil it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: