More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:56:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Telescope keeps crashing - SOLVED!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Telescope keeps crashing - SOLVED!  (Read 6201 times)
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Telescope keeps crashing - SOLVED!
« on: 2008 November 06, 01:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simple, really: all my telescopes seem to make my sims 'jump'. The first two times of the loop, I get a note telling me I found a new planet and they give me 500 bucks. After getting the note twice (thus 1,000 easy money), no more cash, but the jumping continues. Happens in all lots, as far as I can tell, mostly with the expensive telescope, but the cheap one too.

Everything else is peachy, but the telescope is an annoyance, minor as it is. I suspect it has something to do with FT, which I do not own. All I have is Uni, Nightlife, Seasons, BV, Ap; stuff packs are Glamour Life, K&B and Celebration.

In short, WFT?
« Last Edit: 2008 November 07, 20:16:40 by Lum » Logged
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: Telescope keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 06, 02:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The jumping indicates that an error log has been produced. Turn on debug mode (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true) and get a Sim to use the telescope. A box will come up that will tell you where the error log is being saved. Go get it and upload it here so one of the Awesome can inspect it.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 06, 03:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any abduction-type hacks? Those were causing issues with FT games. Now, you don't have FT, but it's possible they put remnants of that code into AL. Just because it's the sort of stupid-ass thing that EAxis would do.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 06, 04:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have AL, you are running FT+ code. Period.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 06, 06:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the very same issue, but apparently it solved patching the game.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 06, 15:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have TJ's increased abduction odds hack (not that it's doing anything that I can empirically demonstrate), and I have no jumps/errors when my sims use the telescope.  That may narrow it down a bit.

Tribulatio proxima est
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 06, 19:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no abduction hacks whatsoever, but I did try the cheap telescope yesterday during daylight and saw no jumping. I will try to get that debug report as soon as possible, though.

Aha, error log attached. This was at night, with the expensive telescope. Also, my game is patched with the second patch, which supposedly has the first patch integrated, with the proper arrged exe. (No unholy hybrid.)
« Last Edit: 2008 November 06, 23:54:05 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 06, 22:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try doing a binary search at all? I'm showing several hacks in your log...TJ's smart beds (should be fine) Merola's painting (no idea), etc, and I'm not nearly to the bottom.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 06, 23:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, no abduction hacks, but a hell of a lot of hacks for everything else. Tongue (Merola's max-all aspirations, in case you're wondering). I use the DC hacks, TJs and very few others, but ironically, nothing that ever had to do with telescopes.

If binary search is the consensus, then binary search it is. Naturally, I'd like to hear more opinions before I try to do that. Um, and a simple explication as to how to perform a binary search, now that I think about it...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 06, 23:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, no abduction hacks, but a hell of a lot of hacks for everything else. Tongue (Merola's max-all aspirations, in case you're wondering). I use the DC hacks, TJs and very few others, but ironically, nothing that ever had to do with telescopes.
Well, we can rule out the Director's Cut because this never happens in my game.

If binary search is the consensus, then binary search it is. Naturally, I'd like to hear more opinions before I try to do that. Um, and a simple explication as to how to perform a binary search, now that I think about it...
1. Remove half your hacks. Test the problem. If the problem occurs, remove half your remaining hacks, repeat this step. If the problem does not occur, put in half of the hacks you previously removed, and retest.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 06, 23:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well. Don't I feel stupid. Turns out I did have TJ's Abductions-Higher Odds. I thought I nuked it months ago, since I like to force my abductions. Took it out and now the telescopes work normally. Jolrei said that it works for her, so... ahdunno. Tight pants? Position of the moon and the stars? Shitty luck? Anyway, thanks for the help. Oughtta teach me to clean up my downloads more often...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 07, 01:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably oldversioned. TJ had to update it for FreeTime. Check www.simbology.com

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 07, 07:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei said that it works for her

*Emma giggles

Jolrei=Boy.

Yeah, you've probably got an outdated version. I have it and don't get any errors while using Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 07, 14:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DEATH to EMMA!

Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Telescope keeps crashing - SOLVED!
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 07, 20:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it must be a really old version, since I really thought I got rid of it eons ago. But thanks everyone!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: