More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 21:27:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Flashing Blue objects again
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flashing Blue objects again  (Read 2392 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Flashing Blue objects again
« on: 2008 September 24, 04:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had some Midbiscus recolors for ages.  They started flashing blue with Uni or NL and I quit using them but never got around to discarding them.  Then recently I had to do a reinstall and when I reached Pets I found the trees were working again and placed some on several lots.  Now I have reinstalled Seasons. 

Today i entered two lots that had these Midbiscus trees.  The trees displayed normally when I began playing. But by the second morning of play they began flashing blue.  Only in live mode. Switch to buy or build and they still display normally.  They display normally in the catalog but if I pull a new recolor out and place it, as soon as I switch to live mode it starts flashing.  Both these lots were played for several days with Pets expansion and did not do this. 

Is there any cure for this or must I replace them with defaults again?  I hate losing all those lovely colors.

(I did use the search function but didn't find any thread that described this exact situation.)
cassandra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Flashing Blue objects again
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 24, 05:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe seasons changed the way textures are handled on plants. I know that many recolors made for plants, possibly all, made before seasons will no longer work if the plant changes color with the seasons. You could try fixing them with SimPe. Did the lot change seasons while you were playing?
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Flashing Blue objects again
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 24, 17:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the lot change seasons while you were playing?

Never thought of that.  Yes,  I started the seasons with summer and both lots were on the last day of summer when I entered.  So both progressed to fall that first night.  Does that mean when spring comes they will stop flashing?  The second lot had two Maxis Midbiscus in the yard also. They didn't start dropping leaves or change in any other way that I noticed.

What would I need to do with Simpe to fix them?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: