More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:06:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Ladybug loft... haz noe ladybugz
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ladybug loft... haz noe ladybugz  (Read 4022 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Ladybug loft... haz noe ladybugz
« on: 2008 September 22, 08:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just recently noticed that when I place ladybug lofts to avoid nasty bug infestations, the ladybugs swirl around for a bit then disappear.  I then start getting insect infestations on my trees and crops.

I'm surprised I didn't notice the lack of ladybugs earlier, given the increase in bug attacks (since FT - why did I not spot this before!!!??? Why? WHY?).

Anyone else seen this?  I have Pes's Director's cut and a bucket load of TJ's hacks, all recently updated.

<insert witty comment here>
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Ladybug loft... haz noe ladybugz
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 22, 08:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is caused by "antigardenlag", which is part of the DC. The ladybugs seem to disappear, but they still do their job. Just without causing lag Smiley. Too bad ladybugs don't completely prevent infestations to occur, but at least they seem to diminish them remarkably.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 22, 11:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lady bug nest will reduce the infestation level when one is present, but doesn't actually prevent one from occurring.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 22, 20:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it known if this conflicts with jfade's ladybug hack from djsims? I was having no ladybugs as well, and my system is fasty-quick.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 22, 22:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since antigardenlag prevents the game from rendering all the ladybugs, you can place more of them if your bug infestations persist.  I've found that plants or trees more than 3 squares from a loft don't seem to get complete protection.  Also, there can be a delay of several hours between the spawning of the pests and their subsequent consumption by the ladybugs, so don't be too quick to assume that your lofts aren't working.  I only add more lofts if the pests spread to other plants after 6 sim hours or so.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 23, 21:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it known if this conflicts with jfade's ladybug hack from djsims? I was having no ladybugs as well, and my system is fasty-quick.

jfade's eliminates the swarm in cold weather, and pescado's eliminates the swarm completely, so I don't think you'd need jfade's anymore if you use this one.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 23, 21:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jfade's eliminates the swarm in cold weather, and pescado's eliminates the swarm completely, so I don't think you'd need jfade's anymore if you use this one.

Aha, I get it now. I will pull Pescado's then. Thanks.

ETA: Nuts. And noted. Thank you, sir.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 24, 22:35:56 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 24, 21:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing with the swarming is that for reasons unknown, it will bring even ultra-fast system to a crawl. It doesn't matter how fast your system apparently is, it seems to operate like a forkbomb: The faster your system is, the faster it can kill itself.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: