More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:19:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Secret Society Respawning (01/03/06)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Secret Society Respawning (01/03/06)  (Read 101431 times)
shenacat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: No Secret Society Respawning (07/29/05)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 06, 20:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an aside, J.M., the zip file link isn't working. I'm getting file not found.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 06, 21:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's mainly because J.M. forgot to update the old threads when the hacks directory was re-arranged for NL. The new link is here.

EDIT: How ironic. I messed up the link correction.

EDIT II; Electric Boogaloo: Not again.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 14, 20:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this hack NL compatible?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 15, 00:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't  have it in my game, and so far I can't find that I'm getting more SS personnel!  But until I've moved out all the other dormies etc., thre are just too many files to check individually, so let's just say I haven't noticed any new ones walking by.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 15, 08:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually the same set of existing SS personnel will function until they start being depleted. Then, depending on your visitor count level, tons more will be unnecessarily spawned. This changes it so that instead of spawning MORE sims, it will draft dormies into the SS instead, and will be satistified with finding just one, rather than trying to always max out the visitor count.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 15, 13:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hadn't put it back in since installing NL - I don't think it was in the original list of compatible hacks, so basically I hadn't got around to trying it out myself.  (Or maybe it was in the list and I missed it!)

Zephyr Zodiac
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 15, 20:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started playing Uni again and I definately did not have this and need it now.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 15, 22:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm going to try it, nodormieregeneration works fine, so I can't see why nossrespawn wouldn't.

Zephyr Zodiac
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: No Secret Society Respawning (01/03/06)
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 06, 18:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

January 3rd, the update I've been waiting for.  Thanks!!! (-:
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 13, 19:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I reinstalled Pleasantview I deleted all the dormies and created my own, plus let the game add a few.  It didn't create any extra ones, so the only walkbys were dormies who had left to make room for new students.  Not one single SS member was created.  As I needed a few new dormies and wanted them to be SS members, I sent Alexander Goth to a community lot and at first the only visitors were dormies from his own dorm.  Eventually the game produced 5 new SS members, all of them female (4 with dark skin, 2 with the same surname, 3 with a surname beginning with B and 2 with the initials RB).  As I only needed three females, I changed the other two to males in SimPE.  The rest of the SS members can be created from current dormies with this mod.

Quite why the game made them all female I have no idea, does it do only one sex per session or what?  I've noticed this similarity with names and initials before as well, as if the game gets stuck in some sort of endless loop.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 13, 22:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoys me even more when it pinches names from MY sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 14, 02:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does that in my game all the time, too.  I have the package that gets rid of all the crappy names, but it still tends to go with the ones at the top all the time (the non-random random effect again).  It created a teen called Anna who became romantically attached to Dustin Broke, so they went to Uni together.  Next thing I know, it's created two cow mascots called Anna.  I changed their names and then it goes and creates a maid called Anna when I played today.  I also had 3 or 4 Cynthias and I think I had a Susan in every age-group, plus a Contessa Susan and a Professor Susan.

It seems to do slightly better with the male names ... I'd love to say I'd had a lot of Dicks, but I just can't bring myself to lie so blatantly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 14, 02:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But a good alias for Goopy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 25, 17:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way that the visiting SS members who drop by when our Sims are on the SS lot (or even members of the welcome party) can be our own playable Sims who are in the SS?  I get a bit fed-up when they're always dormie-types, instead of familiar Sims.  If our Sims can be visitors on community lots, presumably they could be the same on SS lots?  My game always throws-up at least a dozen SS members as visitors (no idea why, it's only set for Cool and none of them are ever my Sims, which means I'm forced to have a dozen new characters/dormie SS members in the SS all the time, which I can't see any need for, especially when I already have half-a-dozen of my own Sims in the stupid thing.  At least once the game gets to the magic 12, it stops creating new ones.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 25, 17:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite honestly can't understand why there were ever so many in the first place!  I mean, when half the non-playables in Uni are SS members, how SECRET is it?  If every other person in you home town belonged to the Masons, it wouldn't stay secret for long!

Zephyr Zodiac
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 06, 06:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Secret Society members should not be spawned to replace ones you happen to kill for whatever reason, except as a very last resort of total desperation (which should be near-impossible, but
is there just in case), in which it will create one member.
Therefore, if there is no SS townie, the game will first attempt to create one
by promoting an existing YA townie. If it cannot, it will only create one if
there is not even a single available member to perform the initiation ceremony.
If for some reason your university has a dormie population of zero, don't kill
this last guy.

I started to install this when I noticed in the manual that it will create just one when down to the last of the SS members.

I am trying to eliminate almost all non-player sims from my game except Grand Vampires and NPCs.

Then it dawned on me...if I eliminate too many and this hack just creates one, no one will ever be able to join the secret society anymore because they must have 3 SS friends just to join. Since playable SS members who have graduated do not count toward the 3 friend count, we really need 3 SS members available to us.

Am I misreading this hack? Or must I be sure that the last 3 SS members don't get eaten by the cow plant? And how do I know when I am down to this number aside from leaving the game and looking into Simpe?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 06, 08:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I meant by "will create one" means "When this function is called": So you will retain a minimum number of members needed to allow people to join the SS, should you start a massacre, generally around 3-5 members. I recommend you stop the massacre around then.

That, or start resurrecting dormies as zombies and turn your University into Night Of The Living Dead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 06, 23:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gotta question. I recently deleted all my characters and started with a clean Pleasantview. I have the No Secret Societ Respawning hack and the no Townie Regeneration hack. Since I have no townies the game attepts to spawn SS members when I enter community lots but the the no townie regen hack doesnt allow it making it impossible to create SS members. I would remove my no townie regen hack but I dont want my game going into a frenzy of creating townies as soon as I remove it. Any suggestions?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 07, 00:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd suggest remove nodormieregeration and let the game generated a few, then put it back.  Then the Secret Society members can be recruited from the dormie pool.

Zephyr Zodiac
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 07, 00:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn, I wish there was some other way.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 07, 00:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you installed OFB yet?  If not, you could use simPE to get rid of all but three or four of the new dormies before they start metting your sims.

Zephyr Zodiac
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 07, 00:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, its too late. I installed OFB.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 07, 05:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can use testingcheats or InSim to add the Secret Society token to select sims.  If you want to make uncontrollable sims members of the SS, make them selectable first.

You can use TwoJeffs' College Adjuster also to make sims members of the SS.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 15, 17:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This probably has nothing to do with this hack but I thought I would mention it here cause this is the only hack that I believe would have anything to do with the Secret Society.  OK, every time one of my sims get abducted to the SS lot they receive millions of Simoleons.  After 6 students, they had over 900 million Simpleons in their family funds.  I even think that it might have gone into the billions cause one time they went with 551 million and came back with 251 million.  Not a biggy especially when SimPE gets updated.  I would be much worse if it was the other away around.  I'll live with it for now cause I have way too many hacks to weed through for just an annoyance.  Thought I would mention it in case someone else has this prob.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 15, 20:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a biggy especially when SimPE gets updated.

SimPE has been updated for OFB, theres a new CEP also
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: