More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:19:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Secret Society Respawning (01/03/06)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Secret Society Respawning (01/03/06)  (Read 101432 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: No Secret Society Respawning (01/03/06)
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 16, 04:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you use the Familyfunds cheat?
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 16, 06:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a biggy especially when SimPE gets updated.

SimPE has been updated for OFB, theres a new CEP also
Cool!!!  I don't seem to have any luck with that cheat??  It really doesn't matter anymore cause the SS lot broke.  I just use the InSIMinator to induct them cause the SS  lot hangs and I have to do the three finger salute.  Thanx!! for the info--going to the InSim site!!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 16, 06:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you used TwoJeff's hack where they don't get abducted for the SS anymore, they just get a message saying they've been inducted and they can visit?  I haven't been to the SS lot in ages.  Haven't needed to. 
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 April 02, 18:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't looked into that hack before.  I kinda liked having them aducted.  I had an issue with a sim strangely disappearing and he was inducted into the SS.  I fixed all the memories,so I think I want to try it one more time to see if that is what caused the SS to corrupt.  I wonder where the code is kept for those that were abducted.  Because it keeps a list of the SS members, then if one is deleted,  logically it would leave an error when it is trying to access that info.  So ,if he isn't removed from that list then the SS probably will stay corrupted,so I probably should get the hack??
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 April 06, 12:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims have a SS token that you can see in SimPE in their memories, but sims never get any kind of memory for being inducted into the SS that I have ever seen.  Which is strange because you'd think they would definitely remember getting kidnapped, handcuffed, and carried off to some strange place by limo.   Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 April 06, 13:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims have a SS token that you can see in SimPE in their memories, but sims never get any kind of memory for being inducted into the SS that I have ever seen.  Which is strange because you'd think they would definitely remember getting kidnapped, handcuffed, and carried off to some strange place by limo.   Huh
They don't get a memory of it because if they had a memory of it, either good or bad, they would then *TALK* about it....and that wouldn't be very secret, now would it?!?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 April 06, 13:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes about as much sense as anything else Maxis does.  Like sims gossiping about their spouses getting caught cheating  by their lovers and giggling about it.
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 June 14, 04:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Pescado, the version of this hack in the moreawesomethanyou-uni.zip file doesn't work properly if you're just using the base game and the university pack. Do you still have the old version of it somewhere by any chance?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 June 14, 09:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Pescado, the version of this hack in the moreawesomethanyou-uni.zip file doesn't work properly if you're just using the base game and the university pack. Do you still have the old version of it somewhere by any chance?
I think anything older was lost in action in Hurricane Josh. Can you describe the nature of the not-working-ness?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 June 14, 10:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's unfortunate, hurricane Josh? Cheesy

I had set up a college neighborhood by deleting every resident sim as well as all the dormies, and added one dormie who was a regular sim that I moved to the townie family for the purpose of being the guy to keep the secret society working (added the secret society membership with the cheats, though the description of this hack would indicate it would do that itself if I didn't). This worked alright in the past.

This is the error on loading the secret society lot...

Object Error
An error occurred in object "Controller - Secret Society" #396,
Error: Illegal owner field in data reference.

The only way to dismiss this error is to select "delete" but the loading screen never goes away, the sound eventually starts though so something must be happening.

I also tried loading a couple of community lots to see if it made any more sims or anything, it didn't, but the one sim I put in the townie family was instanced twice on the lot, once in his regular clothes and once in the secret society getup. I have verified that he is not in two families at the same time or anything like that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 June 14, 10:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I see more of the log?

gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 June 15, 00:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, sorry.

http://rapidshare.de/files/23083033/ObjectError_N001_t26.txt.html
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 June 15, 01:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That site is stupid and disagrees with me. Just attach it here.

gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 June 15, 01:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very sorry again.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 15, 10:31:44 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 June 15, 10:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look like a newformat 8009 got in and gummed up the works. Should be fixed now, give it a try.

gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 June 15, 11:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like everything's working fine now. Many thanks! Smiley
jadama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 July 31, 23:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to be farming the dead, but I just had an SS abduction in forever.  No new townies were generated, but almost the entire college population was brought to the lot to fill up the max number of visitors.  I exited without saving, verified that the majority of these were not SS members and reloaded with only nossrespawn in Downloads and non-member townies were inducted to max out the number of visitors.

I do have the number of visitors upped in userstartup but I don't think that should be overriding.  I am using the Freetime version and have everything up to and including Freetime.

Again, sorry for farming the dead. Embarrassed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 August 01, 11:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is correct behavior. In the event that insufficient members exist to fill basic duties, this hack makes it so the game will prefer to induct existing dormies rather than create more. Creating additional sims is viewed as a move of last resort.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: