More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:11:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Smart No-Privacy (Global Mod)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Smart No-Privacy (Global Mod)  (Read 6374 times)
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Smart No-Privacy (Global Mod)
« on: 2008 September 21, 09:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even there are a lot of No-Privacy Hacks out already, this one is a bit different...

There are mainly two types out - the one is door based, the most others stop the shoo behaviour.

Intention is to share a bathroom with the family (household) or good friends. But of course strangers haven't to enter. Also not wanted are disliked Sims, even they are relatives. The only group that ignores all are the toddlers - As in real life they don't know anything about privacy  Smiley

The best one (imho) I found was the already abandoned hack by LizzLove - it is a mix of both and relates the door closing as well as the shoo behaviour. Even it works as it should it is a bit a brute hack - a return true or false in the first line of code. Nevertheless it helped me nicely to determine the two mainly involved globals. So credits go to Lizz.

What I was looking for was a somekind smarter behaviour, without disturbing already existing door hacks. I cannot promise this is reached competely, so I ask for your feedback.

I changed two routines (package includes only these two - more aren't necessary)
1.) Privacy Set ? - A semiglobal from group 0x7FD0DEBA, instance 0x201C (doorglobals)
2.) Privacy - Ignore Person ? - A global from group 7FD46CD0, instance 0x138

So if you find conflicts with existing hacks, using the hack scanner, decide yourself which one you want to use

Mainly the routines work as original, except some additions I made to determine, which Sims should be allowed to share the bathroom.
I didn't touch the original same gender check (dorms etc.) -  As Lizz needed 4 Routines to cancel out, I could minimize two only 2 essentials, which perform the descriped checks instead of simply be cancelled out.

Added are the following checks:

Ignore Sim if
  • same gender & friends
  • same family & friends
  • best friends
  • freetime friends forever
  • Toddlers ignore all of course

I tested it out and it seems to work well. Should be compatible with all Expansion Packs.
Should you get errors please append error logs.
What I am not sure about is if it also "works" for bedrooms - this wasn't intended.
Now I am sure it is limited only to bathrooms - at least a shower/toilet or a (normal or shower-)tub has to be in the room. Hot tubs are not count.

History
Initial release - 2008/09/21
Update for Toddlers - 2008/09/21
Update - Test for bathroom now included - if not a bathroom, the normal privacy behaviour is performed!  - 2008/09/21

* SmartNoPrivacy.zip (0.91 KB - downloaded 563 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 21, 16:53:08 by sigi » Logged
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: Smart No-Privacy (Global Mod)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 21, 09:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks interesting, while I do use LizLoves one, I may give this one a try.

Question though, what about for pets or do they not count?

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 21, 11:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good Question - this isn't tested.
I have not much pets in game.... the checks in the routines I found are only for persons, never for pets - So I guess they are ignored by the game.

+++Update+++
Tried it out - it looks as if Pets ignore/are ignored completely
Nevertheless uploaded an improved version - please read main post
« Last Edit: 2008 September 21, 11:29:15 by sigi » Logged
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 21, 14:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also was a faithful user of Liz's noPrivacy mod until i installed AL.  At that point i wasn't sure if it was not playing nice with my other mods or not, so i felt safer letting it go (even tho i wept over losing it).  I appreciate getting an updated version based on it.
                       << smashes thanks button for the lutz >>

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
sigi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 26, 21:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much for the nice feedback. Hope you enjoy it  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: