More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:25:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My god they fixed the nannies they fixed them!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My god they fixed the nannies they fixed them!!!  (Read 9458 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
My god they fixed the nannies they fixed them!!!
« on: 2008 September 20, 10:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sea change has happened to NPCs!!!!  The nannies no longer have their own BHAVs in their character files - I found out while I was trying to fix the landlord and got puzzled by no BHAVs to retrofix.   Instead of NPCs being made out of a copy of their templates they are instead *running* their templates.  This should mean you fix the template and you have retrofixed all that type of NPC without messing with their character file Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

They should have done this in the first place.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: My god they fixed the nannies they fixed them!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 20, 11:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that explains why everyone's been reporting how the nannies have improved. What's going on with the butler though?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 20, 11:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well whatever is wrong with the Butler, provided he is following the same system as the other NPCs, he can be fixed with a simple hack to his template - no retrofitting or RTBNing off custom controllers any more Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 20, 13:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so it means nannies can now use both standard and custom cribs?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 20, 13:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It means that if they are not yet doing so, a very quick hack will have them all doing so, including old nannies you have had since the game began!

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 20, 13:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then that's great news indeed.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 20, 14:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed improvements in the behaviour for my All-In-One-NPC:s also, its great. Even "moved in" NPC:s, who still have their assignments in a house, do work better.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 20, 14:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they must have done it so that apartment neighbors could do nanny duty simply by RTBNing stuff on the template.  It might finally be possible to put normal sims into the NPC pool!

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 20, 14:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This begs the question, have they made any changes to those 'special' NPC's?  Grimey, Hula Girls, Mrs. C, taxi/car pool drivers, Remote Control cars, etc, etc?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 20, 14:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be awesome, Inge! I so wish for the possibility to assign firemen, post men, ect! If they also could get a salary, it would be a dream..
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 20, 15:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How exactly have the nannies in particular improved?
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 20, 16:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While it's good to know that the nannies work correctly (psh it took them 8 EPs?) are you saying that you can make a townie in Bodyshop or CAS and use simsurgery on the NPCs now? If so, that's good to hear, because that's what I've wanted to do since a year ago. Although, I borked my test neighborhood by aging down the Gypsy; she wouldn't do anything but arrive. If nannies and other NPC's can be aged down that will be good to hear. I also remember aging up one of the newspaper delivery sims to a YA, she still delivers the paper and magazines, but she doesn't have the hat/carrier outfit. If I get better at clothing meshing, I'll be sure to age-convert the delivery outfits, or maybe somebody more awesome will do it.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 20, 17:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I didn't mean they are now working correctly, I mean they have fixed the program flow so that they are now *fixable* in the same way any other object is!  Any half competent modder can now alter nanny behaviour, and any non-competent player can apply the mod without messing about in their character folder!  Straight into Downloads and Bob's your uncle.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 20, 17:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While it's good to know that the nannies work correctly (psh it took them 8 EPs?) are you saying that you can make a townie in Bodyshop or CAS and use simsurgery on the NPCs now? If so, that's good to hear, because that's what I've wanted to do since a year ago. Although, I borked my test neighborhood by aging down the Gypsy; she wouldn't do anything but arrive. If nannies and other NPC's can be aged down that will be good to hear. I also remember aging up one of the newspaper delivery sims to a YA, she still delivers the paper and magazines, but she doesn't have the hat/carrier outfit. If I get better at clothing meshing, I'll be sure to age-convert the delivery outfits, or maybe somebody more awesome will do it.
I age down nannies all the time, it seems to work fine.  Just don't do it while they work or they might leave afterwards.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 20, 22:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So does this now mean that I can remove your package to make nannies recognise the FT cribs and that I don't have to update any existing nannies any more?
Also, could this have anything to do with why the Gypsy Matchmaker can't be greeted on community lots?
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 20, 22:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this affect previously altered nanny files (i.e., the ones you fixed to recognize custom furniture) in any detrimental way?  Also, will you be updating that hack now?  Smiley

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 20, 22:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably means that my patch will now work on all your nannies whereas I had thought it would not, and it will work on ones you didn't edit the character files of.  I don't actually know whether EA already changed their code to recognise the new cribs.  Even if they did, they won't recognise custom cribs like my patch did.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 20, 22:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the patch stays but the character files used for manual updating can now go. Right.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 September 20, 23:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's right.  Obviously assuming I would have to start over, I have not actually *tested* the template patch with AL.  But at least if you don't like the effect it won't be a huge hassle simply throwing it out.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 September 21, 04:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't new-news, Inge. I think this change occurred sometime back in NL, due to the fact that they kept revising the templates, and this would have massively bugged out people's sims if they kept using local BHAVs for sims. Strangely, the game continues to still import these non-used BHAVs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 September 21, 08:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It most certainly did NOT!  I tested when I was making the nanny patches last EP and they definitely did not run changes I made to the template unless I retrofitted them.  I do know how to insert dialog notices to check if bits of code are running or not!  And yes, most players are aware that old nannies from previous EPs were not picking up on things they should know about in the latest EP.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 22, 16:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might finally be possible to put normal sims into the NPC pool!

Will my biggest dream ever come true?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: