More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:58:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problem with AL
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with AL  (Read 4299 times)
FearlessButterfly
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Problem with AL
« on: 2008 September 28, 04:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a major problem none of the new AL socials are available for my sims - the witches cant cast spells on themselves or other sims, my sims cant ask the head witch to turn them into one and the new socials like suck face and huggle and all that my sims have no option for them. Its either a really bad glitch or a reaction to a hack i have which i have no idea which one it could be. And i really really really dont want to have to reinstall all my games again as i did this not long ago and it takes forever since i have all EPs and SPs. So does anyone have a suggestion or knows of a hack that could be causing this?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Problem with AL
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 28, 05:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a smart person would take out their hacks first and see if it's one of those. Considering that tons of people here have AL and don't have that issue, it's an outdated hack. Take your hacks out and update before playing with a new EP. This is the eighth EP. How have you not learned this yet?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 28, 05:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you've done what Zazazu said and figured out that it is indeed a hack, you'll need to do a binary search through your custom content to see what hack it is. Have fun. It's a pain in the ass, but it's the only thing that will work.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 28, 08:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's not completely true.  Provided a player has any common sense they can often work out likely culprits.  Problems with the menu you get when clicking on a sim are likely to be related to hacks dealing with these options.   The sim version of insimenator, inteenimator may be a problem, my grown-ups-grow-up would have been a problem too, if you have the wrong EP.   ACR won't be a problem because TJ sensibly did not edit the original menu.

Poorly designed no-autonomy this-or-that could cause this problem.  Basically start by taking out any hack you downloaded because you wanted some different sim-to-sim behaviour.   This is one of the reasons I don't approve of director's cut style downloading.  I think it's better if users think about what they are downloading and why, then they're more likely to have an idea of what they've got and what it might affect.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 29, 11:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the reasons I don't approve of director's cut style downloading.  I think it's better if users think about what they are downloading and why, then they're more likely to have an idea of what they've got and what it might affect.
Yes, but in my view, the Director's Cut represents a single mod: The AWESOME mod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 29, 12:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I like downloading the Directors Cut in a big file, that way I can go through and pick out hacks I like/need and leave the rest.  Makes it easier for updating as well.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 29, 17:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah.  I wouldn't even bother with the binary search in this case.  Delete all current hacks and load the AL director's cut "fresh out of the box".  This will likely solve the problem and saves time.  No point testing old hacks to see if they're still working.  Old hacks are OLD - use new hacks for the correct EP.

Tribulatio proxima est
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 30, 17:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the fuck would you reinstall the game just to put all the same hacks in and have the same thing happen?  Think.

ISFJ
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: