More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:08:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Does my neighbourhood have an evil overlord?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does my neighbourhood have an evil overlord?  (Read 3173 times)
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
Does my neighbourhood have an evil overlord?
« on: 2008 September 19, 04:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing my 'hood today and I decided to do a bit of census work to see how much Apartment Life clogged the drain with townies. I decided I'd do an aspiration check, since I had the urge, and I got something VERY interesting - Apparently, there is a sim in my neighbourhood with the "Power" aspiration! Can anyone explain to me what in the dickens this is? I'll provide a screenshot next time I go on.

If it helps, I have been doing quite a bit of age-manipulation - perhaps a remnant of teen+ who happen to accidentally still have "Grow Up"? In any case, it's awesome.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Does my neighbourhood have an evil overlord?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 19, 09:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Power was one of the original aspirations that got scrapped. It was something like a mixture of Fortune and Popularity. There are still leftovers from it in the game.

Dive in!
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 19, 10:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there was a discussion about this some time ago but I can't find it. However according to some other sites I looked at, this is an unused and useless aspiration that does not have any icon or specific wants or fears allocated to it, and can possibly cause your game to crash if you try to use it. So I would guess that it is just a result of a bit of code that should have been cleaned up but was not.

It can be accessed by using the Sim Modder in debug mode, if you really want to try it.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 19, 10:46:05 by tngrspacecadet » Logged

More F than you
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 19, 13:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that makes sense. When playing with Age-Ups and Age-Downs, I had noticed that one of my Sims didn't have an aspiration icon. I suppose that I forgot to fix it. That would totally be an awesome aspiration for an evil overlord of some kind.

Wants: See the ghost of [someone else at the top level of my job]

Fears: Move in with parents

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 19, 14:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this thread had something to do with the Evil Overlord List when I saw the title  Cheesy

Wouldn't it, in theory, be possible to make new aspirations by using already existing wants and fears? They could be selected for your sims with something like FrikaC's Majors Made Easier.
Please ignore if this is nonsense. I don't know anything about modding.

INEPT INTP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: