More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:53:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Blue Beyond Apartments to let
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blue Beyond Apartments to let  (Read 10357 times)
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Blue Beyond Apartments to let
« on: 2008 September 18, 22:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an apartment building I've just finished, that I thought people might like to try.  It plays without problem for me.

There are four apartments, all a little different.  Ground floor rear apartment has a small garden with pond and greenhouse, and two double bedrooms. Ground floor front has 2 double bedrooms. First floor rear has two double bedrooms and a nursery/third bedroom.  First floor front just has one double bedroom.  All apartments have just the one bathroom, not good in the morning rush hour, unless you're snapdragoned, but the nursery could convert to a decent bathroom. There's a one-tile buffer zone along the communal wall with the next apartment, since all the neighbours my Sims have ever had have opted to play loud music at 4 am. 

They're all furnished pretty much the same.  It didn't seem worth individualising them when you might choose to rent them unfurnished anyway.  Rents go from $1947 to $3594.

Ground floor common area has seating area, chess and mah jong. First floor common area has seating, bar, piano and pool table, plus stereo for those smustle moments. There is an outside pool, children's play area, and landscaped garden, which the Sims completely ignore.

Available here: http://tinyurl.com/648pyj

Edited to add new link. I clean out old files in 4shared, and old pictures in flickr, once they've been there a couple of months.  Someone asked me for to restore the link to this file, so here it is. The pictures are gone for good,though.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 21, 09:11:05 by jim » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Blue Beyond Apartments to let
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 19, 01:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like this. What a smart idea to make the buffer zone hold the closets, I haven't played with closets yet. This has a real attractive yet functional look. Sort of semi-urban. I like the ornamental garden, even if the sims don't.  Can you pick veges from the communal garden?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 19, 04:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice! I'm yoinking this one...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 19, 05:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is lovely! I really like the buffer closet space too, nice idea! Grin

jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 19, 06:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you pick veges from the communal garden?

No, you can't, nor can you fish in the pond ornamental pool.  I suppose it comes under not being able to pick anything up from communal areas.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 19, 08:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can interact with any objects in the communal areas, so they should be able to garden normally. I have had sims harvest fruit (I switched some of the Belladonna Cove trailer park trees for fruit trees just to see if they could). I also put a pond in one corner of witch's Poncy Promenade lot and my sims fish there very happily.

If they can't fish in this lot, it could be because of steep pond edges or the paving around it.

I am also going to nab this one, thanks.

More F than you
jim
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 19, 08:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pond does have steep sides, I didn't know that mattered.  I'll get right on to infilling, and have them plant up some nice veg.  Nothing enhances a flowerbed like a bright shiny eggplant.
Moon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 20, 22:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the apartments I've used so far have had completely useless communal area, so I am loving the number of activities you have given them. A very yoinkable download.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 19, 00:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancing Peasantry threads when you have a question about the upload is allowed, right?

Specifically, I wanted to know if you used any custom trees in this lot - I recently got several errors during a thunderstorm when the lightening hit, to the effect that the fire animation "was an empty string".  Without really knowing much about such things, I am guessing that some broken custom object was hit by lightening but having problems catching fire.  Other trees on the lot have successfully caught fire.

This doesn't really bother me much - I just hit delete and the errors stopped.  I'm mostly just wondering why it might have happened.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Sleepy-Genius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 06, 06:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you. this is wonderful. i hope you dont mind that dL-ed the other ones to beside the apartment one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: