More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:11:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Questions about landlords
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Questions about landlords  (Read 28666 times)
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: Questions about landlords
« Reply #50 on: 2008 September 23, 10:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, use the option that is easiest for you - a range of 10, starting with a really low one, maybe 100-200, that would be fine for me Cheesy
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 September 23, 11:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The change I made today allows - nightly - 1,10,20,50,100,200,500,1000,2000,5000,10000.  This covers hotels too, you see.  The amount would be multiplied by 7 for the weekly apartment rent payment.  So you could have a $1 a night youth hostel, up to a $70,000 a week apartment.   Now if you have the lot owner resident in an apartment on his own lot with even just one other apartment to let, he can have a very nice serviced home and an amazing income Smiley   Just make sure all the other tenants are unplayables - a playable family would go broke very fast indeed.

Or is that top rate just too ridiculous and I should remove it to make room for another more average one?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2008 September 23, 11:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the range is good. I mean, there COULD be a palace to rent, for those super socialites, couldn't it? And 1 § a night is a very good rate for those gypsy wagons and the likes. I like it. Smiley
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 September 23, 12:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A palace... that's given me an idea.  How about a manor on a large lot, with the playable family in it, then a lodge, and a couple of apartments in the converted stable block?  The grounds could remain open of course, to the public.   Use my auto-teleporter to get visitors to the grounds.  Since the OFB businesses don't work on apartment lots, we'll just have to revert to the pre-ofb ways of running businesses!  (Get the paytoilets and a paybuffet for the tea rooms)

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 September 23, 13:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am thinking of something similar - the owner living in the main building, two wings to rent out to better off people, maybe relatives, maybe some smaller apartments for the poorer people..
yes we have to be creative to make the "businesses" to work now. I can't wait to play my downtown area.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 September 23, 21:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So we'd be able to set the rent for each apartment or hotel room separately?  lol  I guess that would make sense.  I love the idea of having one big "landowner" manor where the owner lives and 3 or so smaller houses/shacks for the peasants.  You could invite the peasants over and influence them to clean, cook, garden, repair ect.  And then have them babysit for free to boot!   Grin

And cheap as dirt rent for gyspy waggons would be great, since how realisitic is it for them to pay anything at all?  lol  But the way I set up a gypsy camp, I like the apartment format so 4 playable families can share the common areas together.

I personally find the non-playable single adult/elder sims boring as hell, so the way I'd play would likely be all playables in an apartmrny complex anyway.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 September 24, 09:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has attracted a lot of interest, but only 8 people have been brave enough to download it so far.  Anyone else gonna lay their lives on the line and help with the testing?

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2008 September 24, 10:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I am home tonight and will start a special hood to test it in. Will be back with a report later tonight Smiley
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 September 24, 16:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a test neighborhood but spent too much time making my apartment building. Unfortunately, I will be away for the weekend. I will download it today and try it out for a bit though.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 September 24, 16:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, for the prices, it would be good if we have more choices in the lower range. Afterall, the tenants will mostly be playables and I want the rent to be challenging but not impossible. I think one click of "more" wouldn't be too much trouble. Or is it possible to have sub-menus? For example, 10 incrementals under "1-100", 100 incrementals under "100-1000", etc.?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 September 24, 16:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but have you taken account of the fact that the typical sim job pays at least §120 a *day*, and usually humans spend about one third to one half of their entire income on housing costs?

dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 September 25, 03:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to chime in and say I'd love to have choices in the 1k-5k range mostly. I want to try to balance out the sims' ridiculously high paychecks with more expensive apartments. Smiley

My first custom apartment building is quite wee. No room for much of anything, which is how it should be in an urban setting. But the tiny apartments result in rents around 300, which is okay I suppose for the trashy areas, but not for the really nice spots!
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 September 28, 21:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going back to the original comments on pacing landlords - I found the easiest fix was to make selectable which seems to trigger a 'Leave' action and they head for the door. I then immediately set them back to unselectable and they depart ok and return to their landlordly duties next day. Force error didn't work, it just sets them back in the same pacing loop. The problem seems to occur a lot once they become friends with your sim(s) and hangout after work; it's usually their actual apartment he gets stuck in.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 September 28, 23:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, assume it's simply a function of being me - but I cannot find reference to where to download this so I can test it. Please point me in the right direction so that I can apply my current lack of braincells to making this fall over in ways no intellegent person would.  Grin

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 September 29, 00:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here:
http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=1829.0
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 September 29, 01:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks - off to apply lack of braincells to it  Wink

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 September 29, 11:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Madame Mim, I didn't dear asking for fear of being flayed (what with being a noob)  Roll Eyes I swear I went to Simlogical, but I fail at searching.

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 October 02, 23:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going back to the original comments on pacing landlords - I found the easiest fix was to make selectable which seems to trigger a 'Leave' action and they head for the door. I then immediately set them back to unselectable and they depart ok and return to their landlordly duties next day. Force error didn't work, it just sets them back in the same pacing loop. The problem seems to occur a lot once they become friends with your sim(s) and hangout after work; it's usually their actual apartment he gets stuck in.

I've experienced this.  I either make my sim go outside to say goodbye to the landlord, or moveobjects the landlord to outside... then he/she wanders off as usual.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: