More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:56:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Evolutionary Bonuses Deconstructed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Evolutionary Bonuses Deconstructed  (Read 19018 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Evolutionary Bonuses Deconstructed
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 18, 19:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears the energy bonus for Carnivore is substantial, +50%.  On completely empty tanks and Hard, a Carnivore cost $1500 to refill, and a Herbivore cost $1000.  Firing a minimal blast of the mini-laser is $5, so it's probably 300 energy vs. 200.

The health bonus is +50% as well, not +25%.  The Herbivore's ship has 300 HP vs. the Carnivore's 451 HP.  I'm not sure where the 1 came from.
The 1 is probably a rounding issue. And yes, I discovered during the slug challenge that it's +50%. I've never finished Creature with anything other than red, cuz, you know, KILL, and even as the SLUG, I still got blue despite starting from green. Tongue

That said, if you're conducting a battle correctly, energy isn't critical.  Oh, sure, in my first game I was constantly running out of energy when trying to fight, but I sucked.  I didn't hire mercs to occupy the enemy ships, and trying to take on a T2 or T3's defense fleet by yourself will run your tanks dry pretty quickly.
Running out of energy during battles is not really the issue, as if you're invading a T2 or T3, you basically go in low and fast and just BOMB. It's rather Netrekky in that regard, don't hang around trying to dogfight, go for your objectives. Still, nothing more irritating than running out of gas in the middle of a terraform. That said, 50% more energy is not as impressive as 50% more weapon damage. Tongue

Once Energy Mega Packs become available, this bonus loses most of its importance, but it's still not shabby.
Energy mega packs obviously give you more energy to mega, so this hardly makes it less important! Rather, it makes energy mega packs better!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 September 18, 20:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Energy mega packs obviously give you more energy to mega, so this hardly makes it less important! Rather, it makes energy mega packs better!

Yeah, but if you need 100 then whether you have 1000 or 1500, you still only need 100.

And it's very disappointing to find out that it's energy instead of weapon dmg.  Embarrassed

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 September 19, 01:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the hell would you waste a mega-pack refilling 100 points?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 19, 03:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why the hell would you waste a mega-pack refilling 100 points?

Wrong direction.
Arnina
Irritating Ignoramus

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 21, 22:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does not. You must still pay for the buyout, it just instantly "completes" the traderoute. It is not considered to be "against the galactic code", whatever the hell that is (I don't recall being a signatory to any such code), and does not anger anyone when you do it.

The following article is not complete, but it gives some information on the galactic code.

http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Code

Ego venit , Ego vidi , Ego trinus super meus own feet:

I came, I saw, I tripped over my own feet.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 22, 00:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, if it's fun and overpowered, it's a sin illegal Against the Code.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 September 22, 01:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the forum thread linked in that wiki article is reliable (and it may not be, being the EA boards,) breaking Galactic Code actually helps you ally with the Grox.

But yeah, turns everyone else against you, probably a bad idea.

(As for superpowers that don't apparently break Code, Raider Rally's not all THAT useful but it's pretty fun. ARR!)
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 September 22, 02:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the forum thread linked in that wiki article is reliable (and it may not be, being the EA boards,) breaking Galactic Code actually helps you ally with the Grox.

But yeah, turns everyone else against you, probably a bad idea.

(As for superpowers that don't apparently break Code, Raider Rally's not all THAT useful but it's pretty fun. ARR!)

Yes, the Grox like it when you break the Code.  I've seen it myself in my games.

I mean, I don't know what you're talking about.  I'd never break the Galactic Code!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 October 02, 16:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a Blue / Blue / Red / Red race just for variety, and the Speed Demon attribute was really noticable after playing all those Prime Specimens.  +50% HP is still more valuable, but the FTL speed looks to be about double.  Which is more useful in the late game when you're likely to be doing 3-4 jumps in sequence without pausing.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: