More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 17:22:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Serious Business
| |-+  Secret Desert Headquarters
| | |-+  Spore Discussions
| | | |-+  Oh DUDE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oh DUDE  (Read 23187 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Oh DUDE
« Reply #25 on: 2008 October 06, 18:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do we know that the limit is at least 2,000 stars? The number of stars in the galaxy is not necessarily equal to the number of potential saved games.
No, I couldn't see the limit of saved games being over 50. At 26 (20 saved and 6 open) I'm having major issues on some of my more populated arms with clicking on the right planet.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 October 06, 20:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judging by my explorations with just two space-faring species, I'd be surprised if there's less than 2,000 stars in each ARM of the galaxy, let alone the whole galaxy.  As has been said many times here, Spore really does capture how big space really is.
Space in Splotch is REALLY FUCKING HUGE. I mrean, REALLY, REALLY HUGE. You know those two races you thought were really close to each other when you positioned them in the galactic map when choosing their home planets? They ain't THAT close together: The space between them would encompass an entire game's space in any other strategy game. Yes, that's right: The space seperating two NEARBY races you placed on the galactic map has enough planets in it to play an entire round or two of Master of Orion in.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 October 06, 22:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judging by my explorations with just two space-faring species, I'd be surprised if there's less than 2,000 stars in each ARM of the galaxy, let alone the whole galaxy.  As has been said many times here, Spore really does capture how big space really is.

And how little there is to do in it... Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 October 06, 22:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is one of the weaknesses, yes. Once you've seen one planet, you've seen 'em all. The aliens themselves are so interchangeable that if you delete a race already in the game, it is replaced by one that looks totally different, yet is exactly the same.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 October 06, 22:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is one of the weaknesses, yes. Once you've seen one planet, you've seen 'em all. The aliens themselves are so interchangeable that if you delete a race already in the game, it is replaced by one that looks totally different, yet is exactly the same.

I was going to focus my efforts on collecting cool creatures and making designer planets, but then I realized there's no profit in it, so I went back to Sims and Soulcalibur and await new shinies for Splotch.

Although with some of the mods that have been released, it might be tinker-worthy now.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 October 06, 22:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, rumor has it that the first L&P Splotch SP is coming (someone found a link to it on Amazon), that's supposed to add body parts for the creatures.  If true, it looks like EAxis is going to go the Sims route with Splotch.  What a surprise...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 October 06, 22:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, unless they're going to make it so we can make BETTER creatures, more parts will change little, especially if they lack functional value.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 October 06, 22:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't wait for the Splotch EP that gives us magic that lets us do things we can already do.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 October 08, 12:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what the Stuff packages for The Sims 2 do.  They're purely decorative crap.

I'm feeling pretty much done with Splotch right now, I'm currently playing Colonization.  But when I was trying to re-create specific vehicles and creatures, I definitely noticed some limitations.

The most obvious one is asymmetry.  Since there's a mod out that does that, and people use glitches in the editor right now to get around it, I fully expect that they'll add that.

The game badly, badly needs better textures for spaceships.  There are some fairly good techy looking textures for buildings that they don't give you for spaceships, where they're really needed.  Instead we get crappy organic and rivet textures.

There are some basic shapes missing from the vehicle editor, like hemispheres and pyramids.  I'd be much happier if they'd give us a trapezoid with the width controls of the cylinder, so the top face can be smaller than the bottom face.  No arbitrary constraints on part size would be nice too - there are a bunch of interesting items in the building "details" section that can't be made large.

It's difficult to give creatures heads that aren't blobby, and insectile creatures in general.  I found it quite difficult to do a Preying Mantis or an Ur-quan.  Both have very triangular heads.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 October 08, 14:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way textures are painted on in the vehicle editor is also not always right.  It can create swirlyness on the ends of whatever shape you're adding.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 October 09, 11:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO SHILLING. And Pirate Cat won't pay for his downloads.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: