More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:54:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Making sims unique
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making sims unique  (Read 17236 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: Making sims unique
« Reply #25 on: 2008 September 25, 01:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think counters had anything to do with it Undecided.  Fridges, cookers, food processors are what I concentrate on.  Oh, and freshly grown food from orchards or veggie patches are good at filling your sims up too.

<insert witty comment here>
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 September 25, 01:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food processors are actually less effective than counters that cost more than $500.  The Old Fart recommends expensive counters and no processor.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 September 25, 04:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well 5 minutes Real Time (I assume that's what you mean?) is about 5 HOURS Sim Time.  I get pretty hungry 5 hours after lunch too.

Cheesy Yes, I meant Real Time but not in the literal '5 minutes' but more of an approximation. Usually I have Sim1 serve dinner and then, afterwards, go off to talk with SimSpawn1. After around... two minutes of real time play they are yellow hunger, yellow comfort, and yellow fun....
*looks askance*

Basic sim motive management is basic. Perhaps you need to use those cheaty aspiration objects. Or are you incapable of keeping your sims in gold, too? Here's a hint...look at the bars. Full green is full, barely green is almost yellow.

I didn't think counters had anything to do with it Undecided.  Fridges, cookers, food processors are what I concentrate on.  Oh, and freshly grown food from orchards or veggie patches are good at filling your sims up too.
Don't worry about the fridge cost. All more expensive fridges do is hold more food, not better food (exception= unmodded mini-fridge).  So you have to trek to the grocery store more often...that's how the spawn meet mates. Fresh food storage is boundless for your farmers. My sims always get the Hunger=10 oven and the best counters I can afford for them without them not matching the house. Food processors are rare. I don't really do small appliances at all, and my kitchens are small. My everything is small.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 September 27, 10:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Yes, I meant Real Time but not in the literal '5 minutes' but more of an approximation. Usually I have Sim1 serve dinner and then, afterwards, go off to talk with SimSpawn1. After around... two minutes of real time play they are yellow hunger, yellow comfort, and yellow fun....
It sounds like your skill at this game is epically fail! Get Macrotastics. Install it and its accessories. Then slap on "Power Idle" and watch and learn. That is how a PROFESSIONAL EXPERT handles motives.

Food processors are actually less effective than counters that cost more than $500.  The Old Fart recommends expensive counters and no processor.
I have not recommended any such thing, if you meant me. Yes, food processors are less effective than high-class counters, BUT food processors are much FASTER. Points to consider:
1. Only lower-class foods even offer the option to use a food processor.
2. Lower class foods are not generally that filling anyway, so you typically do not use them.
3. Time is more important than the few points of FPV you may gain, and it is possible to have TOO MUCH FPV. If you have fresh food bonus on top of that, many foods can become simply inedible because a single plate is more foodpoints than a sim can actually eat.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 27, 10:31:49 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BarkingPup
Blathering Buffoon

Muffin Eater

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 September 28, 11:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like your skill at this game is epically fail! Get Macrotastics. Install it and its accessories. Then slap on "Power Idle" and watch and learn. That is how a PROFESSIONAL EXPERT handles motives.

Roll Eyes Yeeeah.. I do have it installed but didn't know what Power Idle was for. Now that I've learned my lesson I shall go use and perhaps I'll become a little more awesome at playing Sims2...

Fat Cat eatz yer head. 'twas nutricius and delicius

despite teh lack o' brainy flavur

Spore Creations
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 September 29, 03:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Pes.  I got that information from Awesomespec, not from you.  My error.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: