More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:48:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)  (Read 96877 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)
« Reply #75 on: 2005 October 18, 05:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True.  Anyway, today I shall install NL after moving out my Sims2 folder, then I'll do the same, and have YET ANOTHER Pleasantview!!!  I just wish there was a way of changing them to another number and then keeping them all together!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2005 October 18, 12:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps just create a custom village for your testing, since then you just need to plonk down a pre-fabricated lot, make your changes, and then add Sims.  If it really turns out well then you can keep it around, but if not then just get rid of it.  Although, if you do in the process make some lots-with-driveways which could work in your regular 'hoods, you could save those to the lot bin and save some time that way.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 October 18, 15:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True!  And I sometimes wonder if I'll ever play some of those old versions again!  Need 48 hours per day!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2005 October 19, 19:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received and installed Nightlife today.... although I haven't had much play time on it, I like what I see so far.  Only thing is, the phone hack is going in straight away.  I just cannot stand friends phoning up to whine about not calling.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 October 20, 01:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I started putting back my hacks, or updated versions when I could find them, but something odd has started happening to my houses.  Before I put the hacks back in, I could build driveways, no problems, but now I can't.  I can use the extension and put that over the pavement, and the sim will get in the car and the car will just vanish for a while, then come back (like they do if they're in a garage and there's another car on the drive, but I can't put the drive that goes over the road and when the sim gets in his car he backs out into the road and then drives off!  I suppose it could be a download, but I haven't a clue which!  And I haven't put that many back yet.

Zephyr Zodiac
riggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 October 20, 02:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr,

You may not know that driveways cannot be placed if you have the "moveobjects" cheat activated. For what it's worth. ...

Stephen
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 October 20, 02:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That must be it!  Thank you so much!  Why on earth can't there be a reminder pop-up when you try?  Must be to do with the portals being in danger with Move_objects on!  (Which I find you now have to type like that or it doesn't work!)

Zephyr Zodiac
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2005 October 20, 03:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be to do with the portals being in danger with Move_objects on!  (Which I find you now have to type like that or it doesn't work!)

Not here... "moveobjects on" (lowercase and without the underscore) still works fine for me.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2005 October 20, 04:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we might wanna move this discussion to another topic, if nothing else so that it's flagged as a new issue Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 October 22, 20:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, belonging elsewhere but easier to answer here, laying driveways does work when the moveobjects cheat is on. It is great to know because one can place an extension with out attaching it to a driveway piece (the car teleports to the street without a connection).

I realised that i could place the extensions, it was the driveway which actually allows your sims to drive off that I couldn't place, but when I deactivated Move_objects, I could.

Returning to the Phone Hack, I have noticed something wierd!  If my sim received a phone call from a friend, as soon as they hang up, the friend walks into the house!  Also, the phone can start to ring at 1 am and still be ringing at dawn!

Zephyr Zodiac
carlasturmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 October 28, 18:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, tell us when you'll make a version to Nightlife...  Undecided This hack is simply a must!

"Life is never fair...And perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not." (Oscar Wilde)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 October 28, 19:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as I said, it works after a fashion, and it's better to be with it than without it.

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 October 29, 00:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, tell us when you'll make a version to Nightlife...  Undecided This hack is simply a must!

I use already a month (NL) the phone hack "in test" without any problems. Here is the version I play with. May be you can try it too, and write your conclusions.

[attachment deleted by admin]
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 October 29, 00:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one will definitely give it a try!

Zephyr Zodiac
carlasturmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 October 29, 20:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use already a month (NL) the phone hack "in test" without any problems. Here is the version I play with. May be you can try it too, and write your conclusions.

Thanks, Gali!  I'll try it.  Cheesy

"Life is never fair...And perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not." (Oscar Wilde)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 November 05, 00:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty confused by this. If I have nightlife, but not uni, can I use this hack? And does the old, out of commision no-ep version work, or was it discontinued because of some sort of problem?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 November 05, 01:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original was updated for Uni as there were a lot of problems such as sims not being able to use the phone, but I think it's still available for people with just the base game.

The Uni version works after a fashion in NL, but there are problems, such as you can only set the ringer off, not the number of rings options.  Also, if a sim answers the phone, when they hang up the caller arrives on the lot.  If they call someone and hang up, the callee calls back immediately, even at 4.00am!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: