More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:55:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)  (Read 96880 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Phone Hack v6.8: SHINY EDITION! (07/29/05)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 05, 01:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If adults know the kids, they can invite them, but beware of having the party after school, as by the time it's under way, all the kids parents turn up and take the poor things home!  If you want kids at the party, best to use Aging off to control that the kid grows up at the week-end, so you can have the party in the afternoon.  (Oh, the adults must actually be friends with the kids, or they probably won't show up.)

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 05, 02:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If adults know the kids, they can invite them, but beware of having the party after school, as by the time it's under way, all the kids parents turn up and take the poor things home!  If you want kids at the party, best to use Aging off to control that the kid grows up at the week-end, so you can have the party in the afternoon.  (Oh, the adults must actually be friends with the kids, or they probably won't show up.)
Yeah, see that's what I don't like. Though really, now that I think about it, it is more realistic that way. I wasn't really allowed to pick my own guests until I was a teen. So I guess it does make sense, I just don't like the thought of adults befriending children. They should like them, but not be really close to their kids friends, it's kind of creepy. Especially if the kids then grow up and the adults suddenly want to flirt with them.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 05, 07:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never happened to you?  I think any red-blooded male will try to flirt with pretty young women (or men, if they are that way inclined) and it doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't run a mile if it looked like getting out of hand!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 05, 08:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never happened to you?  I think any red-blooded male will try to flirt with pretty young women (or men, if they are that way inclined) and it doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't run a mile if it looked like getting out of hand!
I don't. It's profoundly undignified and tasteless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 05, 10:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps your blood is blue?

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 29, 10:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, is it possible to include the original 'Multiple Sims' option where the whole family, up to the maximum number of 8, can go to the community lot together? It seems that now, only up to 4 sims are asked when playing in the base neighbourhood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 08, 11:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never observed that problem. Is everyone awake and available?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 08, 12:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hack is ace, J.M. Ta muchly.

On another note, thank all that's good that you're not one of those males that likes to flirt with the nubile wenchette. It is tasteless, undignified and mortifying to watch. I shudder at the thought.

Meh...
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 12, 21:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Now possible for teen to introduce adults to callee: No longer strangely shouted at unless join is declined."

I'm intrigued. Is this to do with some function that allows multiple sims in a household to yap down the phone at a sim on the other end? A conference call sort of thing? And pre-shiny-phonehack teens were lectured if they asked an adult to join?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 12, 21:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Beau's son was always asking him to join the conversation, both pre-phone hack and pre-Uni, so I think that may depend on the relationship score between parent and child!  Beau never, to my recollection, lectured anyone!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 13, 06:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would happen is that if an adult tried to join a call started by a teen, the call would implode instead for no really good reason. Now it will ask you if you want to join, and only when you say "No" will the adult perform the "Get off the phone!" shout.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 13, 10:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, is it possible to include the original 'Multiple Sims' option where the whole family, up to the maximum number of 8, can go to the community lot together? It seems that now, only up to 4 sims are asked when playing in the base neighbourhood.
I have never observed that problem. Is everyone awake and available?

Yes, they are all awake and available. I've even tried making them sit on sofas and chairs (freewill is off) to wait for the taxi to arrive in case somehow the option was dropped because they were taking a pee or shower. Initially, I thought it was something to do with having resurrected all the dead (the Goths and Crumplebottoms, who were made to find their own place first, then moved in with different families by invitation after I've settled said families into lots I built myself, Michael Bachelor, Darleen Dreamer and Skip Broke were also resurrected and reunited with their family), but the Pleasant family was affected too, where I had Herb and Coral Oldie moved in by invitation.

Edit: The resurrections were done through SimPE and Tombstone of L & D.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 14, 04:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi JM I Have a problem using this mod with nightlife I have attached a copy of my error log but I do not know if u can help yet. This is a very good and I hate it when the sims friends call up and say havent heard from........... and so such rubish.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 14, 21:12:22 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 September 14, 16:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool. Never saw error 56 before.

I'd guess that NL expects more than 2 arrays for "Phone Line" (0x6C734ADB).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 September 14, 21:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will note this down as "Not Nightlife Compatible". Nothing I can do until I at least receive an objects.package from NL.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 September 14, 21:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for the love of sam send this JM character an NL objects package el pronto!
cdpengin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 September 15, 14:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried this in debug mode, but the phone hack definitely interferes with Nightlife's "manage groups" function. Every time I try to do this while the phone hack is installed I end up calling Sims instead of grouping them. Can't wait until you get a chance to update this for the new EP.

By the way, is there a list on this site of what hacks do (or don't)  seem to work with Nightlife?
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 September 15, 16:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would happen is that if an adult tried to join a call started by a teen, the call would implode instead for no really good reason. Now it will ask you if you want to join, and only when you say "No" will the adult perform the "Get off the phone!" shout.

Hmm. Can only certain age groups participate in these calls? I ask this because I spent about 15 minutes clicking aimlessly on various characters while somebody was on the phone in a dorm, and could see no option for joining at all.

Idiot's guide, somebody?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 September 15, 16:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In UNi and the base game there is no option to "join", you select "call" -  "sim"  and when they pick up the phone a box pops up asking if you want to join the call.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 September 15, 20:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In UNi and the base game there is no option to "join", you select "call" -  "sim"  and when they pick up the phone a box pops up asking if you want to join the call.

wtf! I've never seen this. A sim needs to Call - Sim while another sim is on the phone, then?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 September 15, 20:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need two landlines for it to work - one Sim calls a friend, neighbor, or whoever and while those two are conversing, another Sim in the house can pick up the unused telephone and join in the conversation if they want. A dialogue window will pop up asking if the second Sim would like to join the convo and you can accept or decline.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 September 15, 22:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wtf! I've never seen this. A sim needs to Call - Sim while another sim is on the phone, then?

Yes that is correct, while a sims is on the phone conversing with someone, direct another sim to pick up the phone and call a sim (from another phone) and you will get a pop up asking if you want to join the conversation.
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 15, 22:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

8. Now possible to invite headmaster if toddler will auto-transition at 1800
   while headmaster scenario is in progress.

On the lot I'm playing there is an adult who used to have terrible grades as a teenager and flunked out of college.
I have a pair of toddler twins who were going to age transition at 18:00 on Friday.

Friday afternoon another sim tried to invite the headmaster. However I got a response that private schools are not interested in kids whose grades are below C.  On Saturday (the twins have turned into children), the headmaster was successfully invited.

I'm not sure whether the issue with Friday was caused by the adult who flunked out of school, but I can't think of any other possible causes.

Didn't keep a savegame for it to retest, sorry.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 September 16, 07:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Interesting. Could be that toddlers have uninitialized values. I'll put a check for that in the update.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 September 16, 17:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers don't have any grade points, so the headmasters thinks they have an F. They are reset to Cs as they become kids.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: